WCQ 2010 Group A Discussion (Part II) [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Caesar, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Mr Qahtani has the answer. :D

[youtube]IX8DL0-fe1I[/youtube]

2. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    ★الله ★ اكبر ★

3. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Iraq must go into this game with the mindset of winning it or if they fall behind late in the game, they will have to deal with some serious grassrolling and injury faking Qataris.:)

4. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Same for China. They appointed 2 biased Arab referees in a row for the 2 games between Qatar and China. Just wonder why they didn't dare to do that to Australia. Australia got neutral referees in all 5 games played.

PS. According to AFC the Kuwaiti referee got injured. Don't know if it is true or not.

5. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    They dont dare to mess with Australia but teams like Iraq and China...they can do what they wont...cheaters

6. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I understand your pain, and you're right, you did get screwed by the referees. However, when I was watching China-Qatar match, I found it extremely ironic that the Arab referee screwing China, was the same referee who whistled the notorious Iran-China match in the Asian Cup 2004, and whose "job" at that time (Qatari boss' orders?) was to screw Iran, and send China to the final at any cost. I'll never forget that mother********er's face. His name is Talaat Najm, he has a long record of fixing matches and corruption.

7. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    LOL!
    He should be going to the Olympics in the Saudi diving team after that performance! ;)

8. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Just a reminder guys, per BS policy Engish only in the neutral forums.

9. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    You obviously didn't watch the Aust V China game if you think the ref was neutral...........or you think it is ok for the Chinese players to try to take of the Aussies legs at the knee.

Obviously Aust must be doing something wrong if they are getting "neutral refs". That is just horrific, unheard of even.

10. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think the obvious answer here is that most refs are crud. They can't be biased towards China, Qatar, Iraq and Australia all at once.

11. Bay23

Bay23 New Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Sydney
    Pim Verbeek has basically named an olyroo's squad for the game on Sunday. Not a very good thing to be doing on our home turf.

12. mirage861

mirage861 New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Most of the first team regulars might be missing, but the team really isn't that bad to be honest. I for one am looking forward to seeing Djite, Williams, Troisi and Spiranovic given a go.

The squad:

Michael Beauchamp, Ante Covic, Bruce Djite, James Holland, Mile Jedinak, Harry Kewell, Neil Kilkenny, Stuart Musialik, Jade North, Michael Petkovic, Kristian Sarkies, Matthew Spiranovic, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, James Troisi, Carl Valeri, Rodrigo Vargas, David Williams, Ruben Zadkovich.

13. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Regardless of whatever happens saturday, we thank the Chinese for being worthy opponents. Better to not get picky. We went through numero uno. It only gets harder from here....

14. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I read elsewhere that this guy is actually a Qatari who lives in the UAE! (Seriously!) :eek:

15. tpg1

tpg1 New Member

May 31, 2007
    Did anyone notice that so far in these qualifiers, the Australian team has really toned down the roughness and constant (apparent) fouling we saw in the Asian Cup, that had many other supporters from other nations calling us rugby players. If anything we have been on the receiving end in games such as those against China and Qatar. Something Pim has brought in I guess.

16. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    I too am a bit weary of this whole referee changing business but let's be honest, if a team is capable of winning the referee isn't going to be able to change too much and if we really take the game to them and play nice football then all his dodgy calls will stand out even more!

17. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    F****ing hell. There's always someone. Anyone who continues to take barbed shots at other nationalities will just be infracted.

Thanks to the 99% of posters who are contributing to a quality discussion.

18. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    You cannot call a referee biased just for 1 bad call. He may make mistake unintentionally either due to the angle he views or other reasons. You may call a referee biased if he makes (the same) mistakes again and again in favor of one side, just like the Lebanese referee in the China – Qatar match. Qatari players grassrolled heavily but he didn’t flag even a yellow for their wasting time.

I said Australia got neutral referees because AFC never appointed Arab referees when Australia met Iraq and Qatar home and away, while China got Arab referees twice when facing Qatar. Appointing an Arab referee for the game an Arab team vs a non-Arab team is obviously unfair.

19. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Well, that means only 8 of the 18-player squad against Qatar last week are in the squad against China (Michael Beauchamp, Jade North, Carl Valeri, Bruce Djite, Herry Kewell, Michael Petkovic, Rodrigo Vargas and Michael Jedinak). Which of the remaining 10 players are the U-23 players?

BTW, Dujkovic also brought 6 Chinese NT players back to his Olympic team. So China also won't play with full strength in this dead rubber game.

Now all eyes are staring at the Iraq - Qatar game to see who accompanies Australia to the 4th round.

20. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    I think you should open the 3rd part, or tomorrow it will reach 1.000 posts;)

21. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Good point.

Discussion continues here.