WC2018 talk

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by 22SteveD, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    This time they were able to get the job done in the summer?

MrPerfectNot repped this.
  2. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    France deserved it, but they sure played to good luck today.

3. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations to Own Goal, winner of the golden boot!

AlbertCamus repped this.
  4. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Yes definitely, the complaint (not having read the entire thread) seems to center on what some think is inappropriate use of VAR. I don't think that is the case due to the language about serious missed incident and pk/no pk. Or to look at it another way they don't have AARs in this very top level competition for some reason, I would think it logical that it is partly/mostly because of goal line technology and VAR. An AAR would certainly have made the call by headset on the handling -- if VAR is 'replacing' him or her it should be activated in similar way?
    On the so called 'dive' that led to the opening goal there is an ongoing discussion about whether there was any contact, enough contact for a foul to be called, etc. be that as it may +/- 3 minutes later (including time for the goal, celebration, and kickoff) there was a foul called on Kante against Modric in a possibly even better position in which Kante got the ball and the only contact was Modric 'dragging' his leg to create it against Kante's thigh -- no one is discussing it because a goal wasn't scored. Part of the game and VAR probably can't fix it due to the volume of reviewing that would be required and mission creep into re-refereeing. Positive counterpoint that maybe showed some media/peer pressure effect was Mbappe keeping his feet and attempting a shot in the box instead of going to ground -- early in the competition I'm not sure he would have done that.
    Lots of own goals but not all by the same person let alone more than 6 by any one player.;>)

5. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose that you're going to tell me that Post doesn't get the Golden Glove because they weren't all the same post? The process is RIGGED!

SccrDon and jayd8888 repped this.
  6. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Can't address that but based on the number of times it is mentioned (way more than Modric) maybe VAR should have the golden ball?

7. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about that...I've seen the *real* VAR room:
    fortnite.JPG

COMtnGuy and Dom. FC repped this.
  8. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
  9. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    COMtnGuy and Dom. FC repped this.
  10. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Rep for the Belgium reference, real final may have been that semi-final.