WC2010qf Poland-N.Ireland 9.5 Slovenia 9.9 09 [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Aug 19, 2009.

1. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Łobodziński on for Obraniak

game on

2. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I can't believe I am watching this crap, and actually skipped work for this torture...WTF was Boruc doing first goal? And our defense is so freaking slow...

The Slovenes are awful divers, though, but they are sharper and faster than Poland, and lead deservedly.

Poll: how many Polish papers will have articles titled "Pozegnanie z Afryka":D

3. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    3-0 Birsa in the 61st

Boruc - Żewłakow, Bosacki, Dudka, Gancarczyk (61. Smolarek) - Błaszczykowski, Guerreiro, Lewandowski, Obraniak (46. Łobodziński), Krzynówek - Brożek

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's over...if we field a team like this in Euro 2012, we will be the joke of the tournament

5. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Didn't have a chance to see this disaster, since I spent most of the day at the airport, but based on reports, and comments ive seen it definitely looks like the whole NT organization from PZPN to Leo have lost the plot, and players who are capable of solid performances have put in mediocre efforts.
    Also the NT cannot be a club team for the bench warmers anymore.

Got use these last two qualifiers to start rebuilding the team, since these 2 will be the last 2 competitive matches we play in the next 2.5 yrs. With a lot of work and some dedicated effort maybe someone can make us into a team that can at least put up a fight in 2012.

6. trekky76

trekky76 Member

May 31, 2008
    Stockholm
    Leo Beenhakker sacked as NT coach. A lot of hard feelings between him and PZPN leadership. This WCQ is over for Poland and is time now to build up a team for EURO '12. This generation of players have unfortunately not accomplished anything..

7. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    right

either him or Franciszek Smuda would do just fine

9. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Yeah, I'd like to see either of those guys too. I'm a little worried that they will let Majewski keep the helm after the two last qualifiers, or that we'll return to Janas or Engel, as there are some rumors to that effect...

10. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    thanks for the insult.
    my "quasi-colony", as you call it, were ranked 5 places higher than poland in the fifa ranking before these games were played and were also above poland in the qualifying group (still are actually), so why did you have such high expectations of beating us?

11. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    If I may jump into this dispute, calling any team minnows, especially one that has shown a lot of improvement in the last few years, is definitely not the way to go. But as a wanna be powerhouse, who currently are in shambles, we have expectation of winning matches at home, with the exception of those versus the big Euro squads, they know who they are.

The last time the two of us were in the same group in WC 2006 qualifying we won 1-0 and 3-0, so you got to cut us some slack for expecting, more than 1 point from these two matches, and in case you dont appreciate recent history then find me an decent expert who didn't include Poland and Czech Rep as the two teams most likely to advance at the start of the group stage, and if you do, rep is on me.

Finally, please with all due respect don't quote FIFA rankings, really, for all of us. :D
    As it is congrats on kicking our A$#, and enjoy the world cup next year like we will. Watching it on tv.