WC2010 GROUP D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Discussion in 'Serbia & Montenegro' started by SRB1N33, Dec 6, 2009.

1. SRB1N33

SRB1N33 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    A tough draw, some have called it the group of death however it’s not as bad as it was in 2006.

In the group Germany is considered the favourite to take out the first place but 2nd place is open, IMO there aren't many other groups where the competition for second is going to be as tough as ours.

Germany- Quality team which I don’t think have ever been knocked out in the group stage and have reached quarterfinals every WC they have entered. Proud history of 3 world cups and an impressive qualifying campaign for the world cup. Runners up in Euro 2008, Third place in WC 2006. Have World Class players who mostly play in the Bundesliga’s top clubs. IMO the best quality of Germany is their character, they always pull out results even on bad days.

Ghana – Top African team, Impressive run in 2005 and also reached the 2nd round of the 2006 world cup. They are currently lead by a Serbian coach Milovan Rajevac. A good portion of their players play in Europe and Michael Essien is by far their best player. They also play on their home continent giving them an advantage they’ll get support from local fans, and i believe such factors can really come into play in here.

Australia- A good team which has recently shown can play with any nation on any stage, don’t have big individuals but as a team, they seem to step up a gear and match almost any opponent. Now playing and qualifying through Asia, they have shown they are hard to break down. They made it to the 2nd round of the world cup and lost in a unlucky decision to Italy. The team is similar to that off 2006 but now with more experience and have been lead by Dutch coaches, Guus Hiddink and now Pim Verbeek. If teams underestimate them, they will be punished

Serbia- Currently we have a very good team, on paper probably should progress as every player plays in big European clubs like Manchester, Inter, Chelsea, Valencia, Ajax, Sevilla, PSV, CSKA ect. We have shown an impressive run in the Qualifications and recent friendlies. The team is very different to that of the 2006 squad and our current coach Radomir Antic has brought the best out of our team.

Overall I think any of these nations could beat each other on their day so really anyone could progress to the next round - First matches been key. All teams need to come out and play their best football, otherwise any could go home including Germany – that’s why I think this is probably the most interesting group in the 2010 WC.

Your thoughts, opinions, comments???

2. cfc011

cfc011 New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Belgrade
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    eat them all for breakfast!