WC Ticket information will be online 25-JAN

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Mikeymike15, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Yesterday I emailed FIFA to understand if Supporters would be seated together regardless if they purchased tickets through FIFA or their national association. Below is the reponse I recieved. It appears to be a generic response similar to their web site but the interesting lines are noted in bold.

Joe, notice that they stated the German team is in fact seeded!

2. Kernel KlinK

Kernel KlinK New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the valuable info. Hopefully we can get a good supporters group there.
    Go WCX!

3. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    Will the USSF get an allocation like in 2002?

4. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

Yeah, I kind of figured as much which is why I found the page that said that Germany wouldn't be seeded contradictory with them opening in Munich. :confused:

Thanks for running that down.

I think the public transport is for the ticket to be transported to you - not that you are entitled to be transported to the stadium.

But this is just speculation. Does any one else have "better" information?

5. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    See I would think otherwise because it specifically states that Postage and packing is excluded. Further with Deustche Bahn providing free transportation to the media, it might just be easier to pre pay for transportation now through your ticket then having long lines at the turn styles (although this will happen anyways)

6. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
  7. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Not sure what you're talking about. All the links above, go to the FIFA world cup for 2006. Maybe not directly to the ticket sections, but when I click on the links above they take me to the appropriate FIFA web page.

8. pasoccerdave

pasoccerdave Member

Mar 30, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those seeking venue specific tickets, this item from the web site is interesting:

Each Host City will stage a minimum of five matches, including four group matches each.

9. 210597

210597 Member

Nov 1, 2003
    Munich
    I tried to answer that here in detail(https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3903281#post3903281). Yes, it is free transport to the stadium, but only within a certain region.

10. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
  11. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked at the game schedule and noticed that the opening match in Munich is A1 vs. A2. I'm assuming Germany is A1, and we also know Germany will be a seeded team.

I'm looking at buying some tickets, and I'd like to know if a specific game will definitely feature a seeded team or not.

Question: Will the numbers correspond to the seeding? In other words, will all the 1s be the seeded teams? If so, will numbers 2-4 have any meaning?

12. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    correct - all 1's will be the top seeded teams. I believe there are 4 sets of seeds - so yes, 2-4 will mean something. From Fifa's point of view - a 2 team is a better side than a 3 seed or 4 seed.

13. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The public transport they are referring to are the free city buses that should run in venue cities on match days. Free transportation is usually involved in these tournaments from the city centre, rail station, and other convenient locations. The same is true to return, although there's usually quite a long wait for the buses after the match.

14. pasoccerdave

pasoccerdave Member

Mar 30, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't believe 2-4 means anything, other than the order ping pong balls are drawn from the various glasses.

In the past, there have been 8 seeds, placed into each of 8 groups of 4. The remaining 24 spots were filled in a televised draw that takes place in early December of the year before the World Cup. The spots are filled with regard to geographic location, preventing clubs from the same regions facing each other in the First Round. In other words, the CONCACAF teams will all be placed into separate groups. The placements are not seedings.

HTH.

15. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, so is it likely CONCACAF teams will be a specific number (2s, 3s, or 4s), or is that a random draw? In other words, if I want to maximize my chance of seeing the U.S., is there something I can do? (Other than avoid 1s, of course, as the U.S. is unlikely to be seeded.)

16. pasoccerdave

pasoccerdave Member

Mar 30, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a random draw.

There are 2 ways to guarantee seeing the US play:
    1) Buy tickets when they go on sale February 1, 2005 at http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/. Buy the Team-specific tickets package (TST). This is contingent upon the US qualifying. If the US does not qualify, you will get your money back. You will have the option of First Round only, or the ability to follow them as far as they progress.
    Note that FIFA will debit your credit card for the amount of tickets, so make sure you have that amount available. You will also need a Passport Number handy at that time.
    2) Register as a US Soccer fan at http://www.ussoccerfan.com. You will be notified of ticket offers for Qualifiers and have the opportunity to purchase tickets for US games here also. Note that this will not be available until this summer at the earliest, and may not be available until well after the US qualifies.

17. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Yes, USSF have stated they should have enough tickets for all there supporters for 06'. You must make sure your registered at www.ussoccerfan.com

18. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
  19. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I am registered for this, but are you guys going to wait until the USSF gets their sheet together and starts the selling process or go ahead and purchase when FIFA has them go on sale?

20. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    There seems to be 2 main opinions.

The first, hold out and wait for the USSF ticket lottery. The benefits of this are that you will "almost" be guaranteed to sit with US fans. Also, FIFA doesn't have your money as long. For the former seems to be the more compeling reason.

The second, buy your ticket now. The benefit of this is you're guaranteed to have a ticket (well at least if you win in the lottery).

I'm planning to do both. I think surplus tickets may be easier to sell given the demand of European fans having a shorter commute.

21. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I realize FIFA hasn't yet given much detail, but will those who purchase tickets from FIFA know if they've won the lottery before the USSF starts selling tickets?

22. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Yes,

you'll know if you won the lottery months prior to the USSF ticket sale. The ticket sale for the Federation will most likely not be at the very least after we know we've qualified.

23. AvengerDr

AvengerDr New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Taranto, Italy
    Does anyone have prior experiences with this lottery? How likely it is to win? I would like to buy two tickets for the final match.. The highest priced ones (600 Euros IIRC).. Will I have to battle it out with superstars and the like or will I have a reasonable chance to win?

24. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I'm gonna go with the USSF sale myself.

25. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. An article today says that FIFA orders will be processed by lottery starting two months after the first sale date. So the first lottery winners should know on April 1st.