(WC Qualifier) Kazakhstan v. Germany - 03.22.2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Vasu, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a comprehensive assessment. You don't support the formation, thus you create unrealistic and unfair standards on something we've only played three times and this was the first matched played fully with it, and competitively so.

The number of chances created was fine given the players still have to learn how to play without a focal point in attack and distribute their efforts. There is nothing to suggest that we can't create even more chances.

And let's be honest. Most teams will bunker against us, against this formation. In a competitive match during the World Cup, we might not be able to score more than 3 goals a match. We will most likely win matches by one or two goals.

Spoken like someone who truly doesn't understand the entire point of this formation. Look above at MS's post detailing it.

Again, you do realize this was the first time we played this formation for 90 minutes, in a competitive match. None of these players have experience with it on club level, nor does German football. Moreover it is more akin to a 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1 shape you imply, not just one player for another. I wouldn't use the Netherlands match as a good example either. Neither team really cared all too much, and it was mostly B players in both sides. But yes we did play that without either Gomez or Klose. Still, 3 matches, barely 270 minutes. What are you implying exactly? You must have misunderstood the point about this being the first competitive match using it... The point was also made in reaction to posters who deemed this a failure of some sort. Ridiculous.

2. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They literally parked the bus and the whole bus
    Fleet in the first half.. Only when we had the game in hand did we ease off in the 2nd and thus allowing khazak more space to play and come at us a little more with counters..

Then we went back at them later in the 2nd half and finished it with muller goal.

Like I said keep at it. Keep this for the WC too.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  3. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Data science/professorship/statistical computing - really depends on how well I publish. you a scientist?

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No. But I think I know what you mean when you say "depends on how well I publish". Good luck.

5. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We need a plan B, and we still need couple of quality strikers in the roster as backup. But not Klose n Gomez, who can that be? I m still not convinced with the strikerless formation, it didn't look that great even against Kazakstan.

The entire Germany, only two strikers???

Development has been unhealthy. We have good midfielders and keepers. But the drought in quality strikers n maybe fullbacks is worrying. And the most scary fact is, u don't know when it will end. 4-5-1 are already hurting our strikers chances. Teams in Bundesliga all play with foreign strikers nowadays. When can this end ?

6. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What is "incredible", SirManchester?

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A certain poster whose argument is so repetitious with so little substance, I'm starting to think it's just a great wind-up all along.

10. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm still not convinced he's not a spam bot that's gained partial sentience, thus the regurgitated responses that ignore any counter points any of us bring up.

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He can't be a spam bot, his discussion of youth players is rather intelligent. I think he just doesn't have a clue what he's saying when we get to a senior level.

12. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We don't have a Suarez, a Lewandowski, or a even a younger Miroslav Klose brooding and waiting to be called up. You think Shawn Parker will become a Lewandowski, or Volland a Suarez, or Petersen a Cavani? I don't. And I don't buy into "just throw youth-team strikers with potential on the field and find who works". None of these players are ready for prime-time NT action, especially not with a World Cup a mere year away. Be patient, inevitably someone will shine in time; maybe not this World Cup but for the next one.

PS Fight fire with fire. :D

13. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well, some of the most famous publications made by scientists, include einsteins theory of relativity for example, a few sheets of paper in a journal which made him famous. Also watson and cricks double helix. Ok, too tangential, but publishing quality is imperative to any scientists career.

14. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I am honestly very convinced of this formation, of course, very young squad, but we can build on this. All we need is a win each game and as long as we're there defensively, this could work.

Dhajj repped this.
  15. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's my feeling on it...

You noticed that with every attack it was someone different linking up and crashing the box.

Gotze is a master dribbler, he's also not afraid to rush the box and have a shot. I think he's a great choice upfront, very fast, very mobile, links up brilliantly with the rest of the team.

Reus and muller on the wings, Ozil in the hole. Piggy and khedira holding down the midfield.

I think schmelzer is starting to improve with every match, ever so slightly.

Lahm on the opposite end. Boetang/badstuber with hummels.

I really think we have something here.

If we ever need a plan B, we can put Gomez on for that big target man in the box.

We have gundogan and draxler rising, we have kroos who's form is soaring.
    We have decent depth in every department. Lets build on this!

16. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I was happy to see Schmelzer untroubled, but this is not a team who really attack. Wait and see how he does against a bigger team.

17. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ugh traditionalists

19. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Best of luck to you! I just completed my PhD in machine learning last year. I thought I would become faculty but ended up taking a detour to become a research scientist at an industry lab. One of my journal papers got stuck in review for almost 1.5 years before I got back the initial reviews!

20. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    It's really the same formation, but with a midfielder up top.

This is not a true 4-3-3, Loew isn't quite brave enough for that just yet.