(WC Qualifier) Kazakhstan v. Germany - 03.22.2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Vasu, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has a point this time though. It's also right that it is the first match with that tactic but it needs biiig improvement.

CanStriker repped this.
  2. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Over all happy with the game needs more play time, but happy loew tried it out and it is an option for Germany with no real strikers to fall back on.

3. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This was a very nice first showing. Team created a lot of good chances, converted 3 of them, and left a lot on the pitch because their timing just wasn't right. Insert Reus in place of Poldi and give them more than 2 friendles to practice the formation and this game would be a massive blowout and this offense could take any team apart.

The D is a whole nother story but that was always going to be true with Loew coaching this team and Mertesacker in the starting 11.

Dhajj repped this.
  4. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    So u think we play well? Content?

We can have all the possession but 3 goals. Margin is not acceptable against this terrible opponent which we usually win by at least 5 goals

Many possession means nothing here, yes we have the build-up game. But the execution is piss poor

We need a plan B, and we still need couple of quality strikers in the roster as backup. But not Klose n Gomez, who can that be?

The entire Germany, only two strikers???

Development has been unhealthy. We have good midfielders and keepers. But the drought in quality strikers is worrying. And the most scary fact is, u don't know when it will end. 4-5-1 are already hurting our strikers chances. Teams in Bundesliga all play with foreign strikers nowadays. When can this end and give
    Us more option?

5. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haha Gomez wouldn't have done better then schmelzer

6. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If there's one thing that can stop this strikerless 4-3-3, it is bunker teams. Remember the prophecies of doomsday whereby the opponent was going to force us out wide and resort to crosses and how we would never score? That has not materialized. At all. Instead we have seen the 4-3-3 successfully break down the doors of the bunker. And that was with the useless Podolski and without Reus, who is key in our offense.

Dhajj and BorisG repped this.
  7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You know that the last time we played these guys it ended 3-0, and that was with a striker? For a first competitive fixture in the formation and ahving to play Poldi for much of the game I thought it was an excellent showing with a lot to build on.

And BL teams will play with German strikers when there's german strikers good enough to start for their teams. I don't see why you keep bitching about this, sure it sucks that we don't have a striker, but are BL clubs supposed to start forcing guys like Peterson or whats his face in Nurnberg onto the pitch even though they're not very good? Be patient, there's some quality young strikers who are developing right now, hopefully one or two of them hit and become NT caliber but until then shut the ******** up about how it sucks that we haven't developed any strikers cause that's exactly what is happening right now. Strikers with NT potential are being developed, but that takes time.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  8. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I m imagining what would happen if Benzema, Suarez, Cavani, Lewandowski and Balotelli are Germans.

Would the gam be a lot different?

9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would it be their first game with the team and would Poldi still be on the left?

10. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    After being 2 goals up, the lads didnt want to waste their energy against a rubbish team. What's the point of winning 6-0 when 3-0 is enough ? They want to save their energy for Juventus,Galatasaray and Malaga. They were just passing the ball around without motivation to score. I believe it was on purpose.

Dhajj repped this.
  11. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you actually serious about this?
    We killed teams with such an approach even in Germany's most horrible football times and this today was just a bad performance and our opponents had a helping hand in all of our goals.
    Sry but this was not at all convincing and even kinda embarrasing that they had their chances too.

nekkibasara, odd1234 and Kirsten19 repped this.
  12. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yea, make up whatever excuse u like

I m still aware of the poor development of our youth system for certain positions, like at Fullbacks and strikers. Absolutely terrible.

Since Mario Gomez, there isn't one younger striker has been called up? He is a misfit and already 28 this year, we still cannot find a successor?

What the hell is goin on

13. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Isn't it the 3rd?

Raumdeuter and Kirsten19 repped this.
  14. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Exactly, especially when we are playing against this team

15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well this game is not going to convince anyone either way. I think we're improving; the Netherlands friendly was horrid, the France 2nd half was decent, and this was good. There are very positive things we can take from this match:
    1. The build-up play was worth applauding; far superior to anything we've seen with Gomez on the field. Was it Spain or Barça-esque, no, but I could see it eventually getting close.

2. One of Götze or Özil would drop deeper and help the play along, limiting the number of long balls we saw from Schweinsteiger, which is good; the less long balls, the more ease we can keep possession.

3. Some people think the execution was off; I don't think it has been any more off than we've seen regularly from Germany with a striker. The major blowouts of the couple past years have come with horrific defence (Ireland, England, Australia) or with them just getting hit on the break repeatedly (Argentina, Austria EURO qualifying).

More to come.

Dhajj repped this.
  16. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, against Holland, France(2nd half) n this game.

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didn't we sub in a striker against the Netherlands and start without a strikerless formation against France?

What I meant was first match in which we started and finished with it.

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am very serious. And I remember you actually leading that charge in saying we'd be forced out wide and marginalized. This has not happened. And also, your opponents have a helping hand in all goals. Period. "If the goalkeeper had only been in X position" "if only the CB hadn't made Y mistake" "if only..." You could go on forever with all these goals. Sometimes I wonder if we were watching the same match. Of course we'd turn it down after 2-0, this is a critical point in all their seasons, whether Bayern, Real, Arsenal, BVB, or Schalke. No use in going straight for the jugular all the time when you could calm down, husband your energy, and kill the match. You thought we went full-throttle after 2-0?! No! But we went in, got the result, kept the clean sheet and showed what we were capable of in scoring two goals in five minutes.

19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Battle lines drawn, it seems. Worth keeping track of IMO.

Pro-Striker
    Equilibrium ("modern football; where everyone can assist and no one can score")
    Leinad ("not at all convincing")
    Dage ("needs big improvement")
    Kirsten19 ("execution is piss poor")

Pro-Strikerless
    SirManchester ("attacks coming from everywhere and everyone is interchanging and involved")
    MatthausSammer ("I see big potential")
    Rosebud ("this formation has looked great")
    BorisG ("needs more playing time")
    timh19 ("we don't need a striker")
    F96 ("I like this system")

Notice any overlap at all?

20. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I like this system and with a guy like Reus it could work very well, he looks for the goal and not another cute pass.

Equilibrium repped this.
  21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely. The original plan was Draxler, and he looked very promising until an unfortunate injury sidelined him early. Podolski also looks for the goal, but not in the much more intelligent, dynamic, and cultured way Reus and Draxler do.

22. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't believe people are complaining about a near flawless 3-0 victory in which we were very good and were little to no flaws, no matter what score was.

Initial concerns about formation was execution but we scored three. Forget the 5-0 scoreline. For a formation so young and so untried this is very good. I have a feeling people will complain about this formation no matter what variables arise simple because minds are made up already. If your ultimate argument is that we will fail against big sides, well let's wait. We haven't played this formation yet so we can't draw these paranoid grand conclusions. We played France in a friendly that was a little more serious than your average friendly and the formation was the catalyst for the win.

Dhajj and MatthausSammer repped this.
  23. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My problem with Podolski in this formation is that he's too static. He stays largely on the left and doesn't cut in or occupy space in and around box centrally or on right like Draxler or Reus.

Also, I'm hoping Reus gets #11 and Götze #10 sooner or later. :D

odd1234 repped this.
  24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agree entirely with the above post by SirManchester; I know of no other fan base in the entire world that complains so bitterly about a 3-0 win, not even Spain or Barça fans.

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely. He's very good in a counter-attacking side because he's very pacey with a excellent shot and a very direct side of play, but as this Germany side continues to develop into a possession-based side in which you're expected to be dynamic in the way you move and adjust your role "on-the-fly" based on the demands of the build-up, Podolski is going to get left behind. The day is coming. Reus shot past him and Draxler is beginning to overtake him and even Schürrle is mounting renewed efforts at his spot in the squad.