(WC Qualifier) Germany vs. Faroe Islands (07/09/12) [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Bayern4Life

Bayern4Life Member+

Aug 22, 2004
    Oh no, when he makes costly mistakes it's always because he was covering for someone else's ass or in some way comes back to everyone else but him. Even if skinned 1v1, it's not his fault, it's the strikers fault for losing the ball. Somehow, he's always "excused" by a few on this forum for whatever he does. :rolleyes:

Raumdeuter repped this.
  2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You obviously didnt get the memo. Atimes it could be the fans fault :)

3. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i was still convinced of his great performance. Ramos gave away a critical ball versus italy, from which balotelli should have scored. defenders do make mistakes, but unlike strikers - they're usually most costly. Cut hummels some slack, he's not perfect - but then again, barring maybe Puyol or Nesta you very rarely see a CB who doesn't make a single critical error in a major tournament.

4. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's not like we have 3 or 4 world class CB's in our lineup. The fact that 2 novel players with limited experience start speaks more or less to the lack of quality to begin with (even if they are both exceptional for their age).

Anyways, check the post I made earlier - I absolutely agree with you on this. It's not a "badstuber sucks and hummels is just amazing" argument, they're both defenders I would like to see for many years performing at the very highest level.

Though in honesty, I think Hummels should be planning a move soon...Barcelona are a perfect fit for him, I mean perfect - he'll develop tremendously there and would easily nail a starting berth, especially with Puyol so old and Masch not being an ideal center back.

5. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldn't mind seeing hummels at Barca maybe even gotze but they have too much competition for that already

6. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Gotze would probably not start at barcelona, Hummels would. Puyol with another injury and Masch isn't exactly suited to that defensive role the way Hummels is. Thing is he'd cost far too much for them.

7. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Instead of them going to Barcelona and likely benefiting from such a move, I'd rather see Götze and Hummels reaching the next level along with Dortmund as a whole reaching the next level.

CanStriker, Cris 09, Dhajj and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why would we be selling our top players to other clubs. For Bayern fans saying Hummels should go to Barca, If Schweini and Lahm had left, Do you think Bayern would be where they are in Europe?

I want BvB to keep Hummels and BvB become a European powerhouse like in the mid 90's.

They kept their major players in that time that was why they were able to win the CL