(WC - FINAL!!!) Germany Vs Argentina July 13

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Lahmfan, Jul 9, 2014.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We can work on it...lottsa time...we are WORLD CHAMP'S and have the luxury to take our sweet ares time..till the Euro's and revamp it LMAO....Nonethless

Easy Win !!!!

:ROFLMAO::thumbsup::thumbsup::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LoewenBoy repped this.
  2. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    No, I think many understand. I think what they are flabbergasted at is your inability to comprehend and read. I was very clear in what I posted. It's you who fail miserably at understanding it. Your are dealing in absolutes about whether something is right or wrong. What you fail to understand is that AT THE TIME the call is made and WITH THE ANGLE AND INFORMATION referees have at the time they make they call, they can make a different call which is is totally consistent with the LOTG. It is only AFTER seeing additional evidence that they realize the original call might be incorrect.

Wtf is so difficult there to understand?

No wonder guys like @footyfan1, @jadger, @Cris 09, @ggshealy, @cwcoach18 and many others don't post beyond their own team forums anymore and only post to the other group we've formed. Guys like you continue to be argumentative, don't read and have his incessant need to be right instead of slowing down and trying to understand someone else's point of view.

Congratulations in driving people away.

jadger repped this.
  3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol

SirCrap 2.0

4. Minttunator

Minttunator Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #1955 Hayaka, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    This was your post that started all this madness, when you said that "it was the correct decision, based on what he saw". Well, of course, every decision that every referee makes is based on what he saw, unless he is corrupt in some way. Then you say you "still think he got that right". Yes, he got it "right", based on what he saw, but in reality he saw it wrong and therefore got it wrong.

I'm not even sure we disagree, you just approach the question from such a bizarre angle. Why do we care if he got it right "based on what he saw"? We only care if he got it right based on what actually happened.

Whatever. Have the last word, if you like.

6. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not true. When he sees the play happening, several factors are at play in his mind, including influences such as a missed call earlier in the game, whether a player is already on a yellow, as well as some randomness in the ref's decision making due to human nature.

For example, some refs hesitate to give the second yellow, even though what the ref saw leads him to believe that the foul is caution-worthy. In this case, he got it wrong based on what he saw, and he doesn't need a replay with slow-mo and different angles to figure that out. In other cases, the ref made the correct call based on what he saw, but after consulting replays, realizes that he made the wrong call.

7. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What's the point of this whole discission again?

Dhajj repped this.
  8. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Someone brought up whether the ref did a good job in the game, and it led to an argument about whether the Neuer/Higuain call was correct. The ref admits afterwards that he made the wrong call (should be no foul on either player) after consulting replays, but people are arguing over whether it was the correct call based on what he saw.

I personally think it was questionable enough from the TV camera angle that the ref, assuming he had roughly a similar angle, should probably have just let play continue without a foul.

9. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agree, should have been a throw-in. In the end this error was minor as it hasn't affected the game save for Higuain's miserable night only got worse.

But this was far from the worst call in this match. Just ask Schweinsteiger.

Minttunator repped this.
  10. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess because the guy wants us to believe that Germany had an undeserved win and wants to justify his own feelings about it by continuing with the argument?

I really don't see what the point of it all was otherwise..

11. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    "Not true. When he sees the play happening, several factors are at play in his mind, including influences such as a missed call earlier in the game, whether a player is already on a yellow, as well as some randomness in the ref's decision making due to human nature.

Sure, that can happen. I would put that in the category of a generalized form of corruption, or at least referee misconduct. He is allowing considerations external to the play to influence his decision-making. We can all probably think of situations where we would be willing to let something like that go (e.g. overlooking a second yellow foul by a Brazilian near the end of the 7-1 rout), but under the LOTG a referee isn't supposed to factor in those types of considerations.

"In this case, he got it wrong based on what he saw, and he doesn't need a replay with slow-mo and different angles to figure that out. In other cases, the ref made the correct call based on what he saw, but after consulting replays, realizes that he made the wrong call."

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, because if it's the Neuer-Aguain collision he apparently did get it right "based on what he saw", but he saw it wrong, so he got the decision wrong. In any event, as I asked the other poster, why do we care if he got it right, based on what he saw? That is the part I don't get, why are even talking about whether he got it right based on his observations. The real issue is that for whatever reason (poor positioning, etc.) he saw it wrong, and therefore got the call wrong. This emphasis on whether he called it the way he saw it really has me perplexed.

Obviously this conversation has derailed the thread, so any responses to this post should probably go here:

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/referee-perception-and-decision-making.2008854/

12. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

If you're referring to me, I was rooting for Germany. This has nothing to do with who won or lost.

Anyway, I've created a different thread, if Slant or Loewen Boy still want to discuss it.

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/referee-perception-and-decision-making.2008854/

13. Horseshoe

Horseshoe Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I hope I don't get in trouble for this OFF TOPIC question, but I'm going to take a chance:
    We are going to be in Germany (land in Berlin 12/19, depart Frankfurt 12/27). We have never been to Germany before. Where do we want to spend 12/24 and 12/25?

Heidelberg?
    Cologne?
    Nuremberg?
    Alternatively, Salzberg?

I know everything is quiet on those days, and we will need to reserve those meals at a large hotel which is open on those days. We are willing to splurge on hotel, so no hotel is off limits. It will be spouse and two college age daughters (both of whom rooted wildly for Germany in the World Cup!)

Thanks for advice.

I also posted this on Germans abroad, but that forum gets very little traction, so I thought I'd try this one.

14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You will get help there:
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads...otball-picking-a-club-info-etc.1618657/page-4

15. Horseshoe

Horseshoe Member

Jun 25, 2014
  16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The loyal's are still here :sneaky::thumbsup:
    But it wasn't worth your time to engage in it...you know what they say about opinion's?? Everybody has one:ninja:

17. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

hi guy, i'm here to promote a documentary i am doing currently about my experience of the world cup 2014 i had in new york city. i went to places all over to watch the games. i had a fantastic time. i documented my experience and i am here to leave you with a trailer of the documentary and will be premiering later in august. hope you guys enjoy it when it's uploaded.

for germany, i went to three games. their games against ghana, france and the final against argentina.

18. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1968 Lahmfan, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    what happened to the other videos? or are those the only games you watched for Germany ?

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is it the soccer WC that the people turned up in these huge crowds - and they did so for every game or is it Germany having such a fanbase over there? and I mean is nobody working during the day in New York?

20. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    most business allow their employee to take an hour or two long lunches..and some games are either on Saturday or Sunday... or if they are in the east coast most game are already very late in the day.. so they take half of the day off... i know i was able to watch all the games.

plus yes, there is a huge fanbase for germany in the US.

[​IMG]

chewz repped this.
  21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's impressive considering it is "just" soccer. Both: employers giving free and employees having higher interest in the WC so they take half a day off. :thumbsup:

22. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm shocked that other Latin countries didn't register bigger numbers. And the west coast not being dominated by Japan or Korea. I guess because none of these countries were really "expected" to do well.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Surprised to see no England. After all, Prem is KING in America.

Dhajj repped this.
  24. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Then why are German clubs not taking advantage of this popularity

25. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Well, the DFL is trying I guess. They have a deal with FOX from 2015 onwards which should drastically increase the Bundesliga's visibility in the US.