WC 2018 Group B: Spain Portugal Iran Morocco

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco' started by +PL+, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    All of a sudden, all the Iranian posters have already created possible excuses in case they fail to get a result v Portugal tomorrow..

such cowardly tactics amongst your fan base.. really.. it is..

if you lose.. take it like a man..

instead.. you have already created these possible excuses if you lose tomorrow.. just incase..

i dont know anymore..

seriously, if FIFA was so rigged in determining the outcomes of the games.. why play the games? why not place your life savings on the outcome? you will become rich!! since its so obviously rigged!!

you guys talk out of your ass.. and thats real talk..

2. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    If Portugal do not advance.. i will accept it.. and begin to look forward to the Euro.. congratulate the Iranian team and their fans.. and move on..

3. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Should of paid the 220 pounds to go and see him a couple of years before he died, got ripped off by his accountant and had to go on the road for the last few years of his life. Best Canandian Singer/Song writer? " Everbody knows the good guys lost" ;) but the Best verse is

"...Everybody knows that you love me baby
    Everybody knows that you really do
    Everybody knows that you've been faithful
    Ah give or take a night or two
    Everybody knows you've been discreet
    But there were so many people you just had to meet
    Without your clothes
    And everybody knows..."

Mani repped this.
  4. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    if Iran advance to Rof16 and then we win the asian cup a few months later, my life is complete.

KiarashM and Mani repped this.
  5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    just a friendly tip: it is should have. the amount of times i read "should of" in this thread has made me go insane so i had to address it.

6. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    harry kane has overtaken cronaldo as top scorer and this means cronaldo will be desperate to catch up. this could be a good or bad thing for Iran: a hungry cronaldo can score, but a hungry cronaldo can also play selfish and ruin portuguese attacks. we just have to hope its the latter.

7. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Nobody is making excuses, I was just airing my grievances and concerns. If you win fair and square, or even with some extra help, you would have won either way and I’ll congratulate you. You have the better players and you should win on paper anyways. But if you did win the same way you won against Morroco, I’ll hope that some of you guys will be honest enough to admit it. We shall see. Hopefuly the team that plays better tomorrow, ends up winning the match too.

footballlover and KiarashM repped this.
  8. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Police have moved on the Iranian supporters outside the Portuguese hotel

artielange84 repped this.
  9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The word on the street is that Carlos Queiroz has personally hired these fat singing Persians to perform in front of Portgual’s hotel, so the Portuguese players will have nightmares all night long and possibly for the rest of their lives. :D

10. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA
    im not sure anyone has made excuses for the way the team played against morocco. and really if we play that way against iran n manage a win or draw i dont think we will be staying in russia much longer anyway.

Kamtedrejt, NewLaw83 and Edwardinho repped this.
  11. saam14

saam14 Member

Manchester United
    Iran
    May 17, 2018
    So excited for tomorrow! I don’t see how a ref from Paraguay has any possible bias towards Portugal, lol. He probably doesn’t even speak Portuguese. We don’t need excuses, we are going to give our best and if we don’t make it, there’s nothing to be ashamed of. People had Iran being thrashed in this group with big scorelines and troll fans saying “Iran Spain can’t come soon enough so Iran gets thrashed and their fans shut up.” Now everybody knows that we’re not a typical minnow team, and are a difficult opponent. May the best team win tomorrow.

footballlover repped this.
  12. monster- exodia

May 23, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Morocco
    two faults against "Boutaib" cost us too much unfortunatly ...
    1- the goal
    2- penalty

shame on that refree....

Edwardinho and Mani repped this.
  13. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Just hours to go before Iran’s biggest football match in history and a match that I feel will be the most memorable one for us ever. We can do it, let’s go Iran!

Edwardinho repped this.
  14. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    The nightmare will be for CQ if he ever intend to go back to Portugal where he's already been persona non grata

15. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You realize I was joking, right? I don’t think there is an organized attempt to disturb the Portugal players. It was just a dozen fans singing and dancing outside the hotel, which by the way is like one of only two or three hotels in the town and some of the fans might actually be staying there.

16. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I know, but CQ has something left unresolved with CR7 back for the time he was coaching Portugal at the WC 2010.

17. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    Iran to win 1-0 and advance. you heard it hear first.

18. Edwardinho

Edwardinho Member

Barcelona
    France
    Feb 11, 2018
    I cheer for Iran and I hope your prediction is right. More realistic result is 2-1 for Portugal. Your players #17 Mehdi or # 10 Karim will score a goal for you.

Zandi360 repped this.
  19. Joao Bibliotecario

Jun 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think both teams try to discern the other team's game intentions early and there is a possibility for an early, first 15 minute, goal due to a missed man or error. Then they settle down and after second half adjustments/subs one team's plan/prep outmatches the other's and they pull away. In other words, nonfluky last minute stuff.

20. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    the first half will be both teams passing each other the ball so they can defend instead. ultimately since Iranians are experts at "taarof" we will win that battle.

21. Iranfootie

Iranfootie Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Thanks Paul. Will there be VAR to evaluate whether you wonderful mods made the right call?

soccernutter repped this.
  22. Iranfootie

Iranfootie Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Mani, I don't care who plays better. I care that Iran wins! :)

23. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA
    Actually I heard from Chris Sutton of daily mail "fame" first, he doesn't usually know what he is talking about either.

24. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

1010956585244483584 is not a valid tweet id

1011027766752538629 is not a valid tweet id

Iranian Monitor repped this.
  25. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #5025 Mani, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Here is a video of the small group of fans who were outside Portgual’s hotel earlier. They’re chanting “1 free meal, 2 free meals, 3 free meals is enough for you. Ronaldo take your team and go home”. I don’t approve of the whole thing, and these are just a dozen or so fans, out of tens of thousands of Iranian fans who are in the town, but the chants are very rhythmic/funny nonetheless.