Post-match: WC 2014 (semi): Brasil x Alemanha, 8 de Julho de 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Pretty amazing what happened in the last two games. Gutted for a few of the players and I would've been laughed out of the forum for saying what I really thought - that I was genuinely worried about Fred's health. ;) Because I think his story is the most tragic of them all... remember in 2006? It looked like he was a player on the rise, with much more potential, and a nargument could be made that he should've plaeyd more than he did since Ronaldo wasn't moving so much, and Adriano was drunk. But fast forward to 2014, and he was moving even less than 2006 Ronaldo and Brazil were largely playing with 10 players.

Been said to death and over-analyzed already, but I really don't understand why the last two Gaucho managers were so hell-bent on handicapping their teams. Dunga refused to bring Ronaldinho Gaucho or even Diego in the event Kaka was ineffective or out... because after-all, Kaka was not 100%. Then you had Scolari, who refused to try Lucas Moura or roll the dice with Coutinho, or anything else, relying so much on the creativity of Neymar while over-emphasizing Oscar. It's a bit shocking.

I don't think Brazil were anywhere near as poor as they looked (IMO) in this cup. They were tense, they were miserable, and clearly none of the players were enjoying themselves or the moment. Everything was cynical. The only player that seemed to be freer was Neymar, because he must've put it in his head that he didn't care about the external factors, it was his opportunity to play and do somethign special. Yet not a lot of the others were that relaxed and focused. IMO it was the other sad moment of the tournament. I've never seen the hosts of a World Cup so miserable. And I think it was a sentiment echoed from the fans all the way to the players and it finally just gave in vs. the Germans, who were already extremely good.

Still, they reached the semi's. The way Brazil went out wasn't good. It will take some time for them to rebuild and move forward. But I think they can and will do it. As long as the federation and managers can be honest and recognize the issues and work to actually fix them. Now begins qualifying for 2018!

And thankfully it won't be with Scolari. He was maddening. It was so clear they didn't train or really practice. There were so many little things the players didn't do that any coach would work on his players with. From positioning to ball watching to closing space and reading the game - it was just baffling to me. He wasn't up for it.

Redshift and Ombak repped this.
  2. thealchemist

thealchemist New Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Deleted...double post.

3. thealchemist

thealchemist New Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    We sure were rooting for Germany. I was driving around with the German flag hanging out of my car and got so many people to hunk and cheer when they saw the flag. Stopped at a red light, right by a bus with some Argentinians and many Brazilians, when the people at bus saw my German flag the entire bus started chanting "Alemanha, Alemanha, Alemanha." It was awesome! Lol. Even the police and army soldiers would raise closed fist hands as i drove past them. Winning the cup was obviously our desire but watching Argentina losing the final was a pretty close second to our wish list. 7 x 1 loss to Germany was horrible, no doubt, but they were respectful and simply gave us a good football lesson. No hard feelings whatsoever. Now, having the Brazilian president handle the would cup to Argentinians inside Maracana would be a disaster as we would never hear the end of it. It would be worse than the humiliating loss FOR SURE, as they would forever hold it against us.

Also, the German players and tourists were a classes act. Brazilians are very happy with their manners and actions. The German NT even donated money for an Indian tribe that will go for building them a school. Germans will always be very welcomed in Brazil!

Redshift and Epitome990 repped this.
  4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    WOW thanx for the for sharing those experiences! Im going to share your post in the German forum. The only thing I can offer is this video a big German tabloid made near the Maracana with Brazilians and Germans partying(and trolling some Argentinians) lol
    http://www.bild.de/video/clip/wm-2014/wm-brasilien-finale-36809164.bild.html

XaviandXabi repped this.
  5. thealchemist

thealchemist New Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Feel free to share bud. It was all in good spirited fun, but i have never booed so many Argentinians in my life. Sitting at a corner bar in Leblon, every time a group of Argentinians walked by we would have 100 to 120 people chanting songs glamorizing Pele while making fun of Maradona, lol. Like I said, it was all good hearted fun. Germans that walked by got standing ovation and applause. My German flag ended up, after unanimous request, hanging up at the bar's wall. Believe it or not, but some Brazilians had portable loud speakers to help the crowd get started on the chants against Argentinians. Now don't get me wrong, Brazilians and Argentinians get along very well, but when it comes to soccer and formula 1 things can quickly change.

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Shearer and Rio being nice guys looking at a glass half full perspective while Alan Hansen drops bombs of reality here. They seemed to agree about one thing: Fred's horrible.

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rivaldo halftime @ German tv

9. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I get the feeling that the whole world was rooting for Germany; California certainly was. I watched the final at a bar in Los Angeles, everyone except for two tables of Argentines were cheering for Germany.

10. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm of Germany ancestry, was rooting for Argentina.

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Possible.... :whistling:;):x3:

samuel_clemens repped this.