Post-match: WC 2014 (semi): Brasil x Alemanha, 8 de Julho de 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jul 4, 2014.

1. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Enough mourning already :D
    Brazil is ready for the final match.
    [​IMG]

Pipiolo and Redshift repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh ... so funny. Never seen these with players in front of the TV ...:rolleyes:

Here is a good one for you...

[​IMG]

Hill Giant, Andr3sfc and Emperor Adriano repped this.
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When a team like ours concedes 7 goals, there is no single explanation. People just blaming Felipao, or just blaming Marcelo, are all right and wrong. What happened was a combination of factors not only of our mistakes, but Germany's technical quality, psychological maturity, and physical preparation.

I salute Felipao for stepping up to the plate again with so little time and IMO a talent pool that is good but not great. His mistake is obvious. He ignored the fact that Germany struggled when teams played sound defense and countered them. Algeria did that, Germany struggled. Ghana did that, and Germany struggled. France went down early, but stayed on defense until the end, and Germany didn't bother them too much. As soon as France opened up, Germany created some chances. Felipao thought he could pressure Germany into making mistakes. It seemed to work in the first 5 minutes, but that quickly dissipated. A goal from a corner obviously didn't help. But they had already caught our defense open twice before the goal. This was his mistake from the start. He should have analyzed Germany, realized they were superior technically, and played more cautious with 3 volantes and try to hit on the counter. He should have taken Fred out, who would be useless in a counter scenario and played with Bernard, Oscar, and Hulk as the striker. Have Hulk play deeper in the midfield and try to pull counters. I don't blame him for not making the subs after the 3rd goal because the 4th came instantly. No time to even warm a player up. At that time, a vaca ja' tinha ido pro brejo.

At the same time, you can't just blame 7 goals on him. The players, Marcelo, Maicon, Fernandinho, Dante specifically screwed up big time with incredible individual and positional mistakes. A multi-player "apagao".

Deep Pal, Ombak, Kaka10725 and 3 others repped this.
  4. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  5. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    He is used only as RB: CSKA have very experienced pair of central defenders who are playing together for years and a strong backup player and I suppose that even in the case of injury disaster coach would want to use Mario attacking runs anyway and will chose another CB backup CSKA have to fill the gap.

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Deixa ele…. Os caras tiveram que aturar a gente ganhando copa após copa, torneio após torneio, começando em 1994, inclusive 3 copas em cima deles e ainda mais com goleada… eles esperaram 24 anos para poder tirar sarro da gente… agora só espero que eles consigam o que querem porque se a Alemanha vencer, o que eles vão chorar e o que brasileiro vai tirar sarro deles vai ser brincadeira…

Redshift repped this.
  7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pode tirar sarro ... mas nao venha tirar aqui que vai levar voadora :D

Por mim esperaram 24 anos e vao ficar esperando !

8. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    that would explain a loss. A one sided loss even, but not 7-1, not 5 goals in 30 minutes or 4 goals in 6 minutes. The entire team broke down mentally after the first goal, it's pointless to scapegoat Felipão now, he could NOT have made any subs within those 6 minutes. What was exposed again, just like 1950, is a cultural problem we have. Too many expectations, too many eggs in that soccer basket, all of them in fact. Soccer is basically the only thing brazilians can be proud of in a global scale and those kids just couldn't handle it against Germany.

9. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Kaiser agrees with me:

Beckenbauer: You could see the fear on Brazil's faces

The Germany legend feels Felipe Scolari's men already looked like they were about to fall apart before the game even started

Franz Beckenbauer was not surprised by Germany's heavy win over Brazil in the semi-finals of the World Cup and claims that you could already see the fear in the South American players' faces before kick-off.

Joachim Low's men found the net five times in the opening 30 minutes as they eventually cruised to a humiliating 7-1 win over the hosts to secure a final clash with Argentina.

And Beckenbauer thinks the pressure got too much for the five-time World Cup winners.

"Before the semi-final, I had warned that the loss of Neymar and Thiago Silva would be hard to compensate for, even if the Brazilian team closed ranks,"Beckenbauer told Hindustan Times.

"I was certain that the Brazilians would have problems because in their five matches before Germany they had never been convincing.

"Brazil played fearfully. Their self-confidence seemed to have vanished and it looked like they had huge respect for the opponents.

"It appears that this side of brilliant individuals was overburdened by being cast as the favourites. You could see fear in the Brazilian players’ faces during the national anthem.

"They were singing with such fervour as if to buck up their courage. They put themselves under too much pressure, something visible in the way Julio Cesar and David Luiz held up Neymar’s jersey during the national anthem."

10. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Watch that again, it's not the entire team that completely broke down, it's 4 players.

Brazil have plenty to be proud, they are too proud of everything actually. We just take our selecao more serious than anything else.

11. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    It's so easy to say all of this when you have the result to backup whatever it is that you say hahahahaha

Anybody can come in make up complete random shit that caused the team to collapse and it would fit, why? because the team collapsed.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why did you cut my post short ? I said it was a combination of factors and laid the blame not only on Scolari ? Seriously ? ... :rolleyes:

13. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    "It's so easy to say all of this when you have the result to backup whatever it is that you say hahahahaha"

you mean you couldn't tell me while it was happening? where you still confused while germany was scoring 4 goals between minute 23 and minute 29? denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Easy after the fact ... :rolleyes:

This is so off.

1 - They sang the anthem that way since last year in the CC. Emotion is not fear. Maybe for Germans.
    2 - Germany also didn't look very convincing vs Algeria, Ghana, France ... as far as I know they've been criticized at home before the SF.
    3 - Neymar + TS loss tough to overcome, not shit Sherlock.
    4 - They were holding Neymar's jersey to honor him douche bag.

Beckenbauer also said our football was finished and wasn't competitive pre-1994 WC. So yeah, he is a genius ... :rolleyes:

Jadentheman repped this.
  15. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agreed with your post just disagreed with the ratios of factors that contributed to the loss. You can blame a 3-0 loss, maybe 4-0 to bad tactics or individual mistakes. But 7-1, 5 goals in 30 minutes, 4 goals in 6 min = collective brainfart.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As I said, combination of both + Germany's brilliant performance collective and individually.

17. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I actually think the media attention they were getting caused this team to break down psychologically before the game even started.

I also actually think that the way Brazil came into the game looking for fouling early and often threw their game out because the germans got rid of the ball too quickly before a brazilian could foul, so they were lost in the pitch and looked dumbfounded

I also believe that the team is too young and vulnerable to pressure situations, nobody would be able to support that pressure at such a young age and they broke down.

Also Felipao clearly didn't prepare for the game, he was always too busy talking to reporters and shooting new commercials while the Germans prepared for the tournament as professionals..

I mean I can keep on going :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    IMO, Losing Neymar and Silva for this game brought our moral down already but I don't think we had any fear especially in the first 10 mins. The fear set in at about 2-0. Collectively, we we just gave up.

19. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Well the players feared the worst that could happen since the start, remember Julio Cesar giving that interview after the Chile PK win? That clearly demonstrated the team was out of balance and fearful of what was to come.

20. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I don't think they gave up, second half we peppered Neur, while running back trying to save counter attacks, that's not giving up... That's just playing bad.

21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone can play amateur psychologist after the match. Beckenbauer has always been Germany's post-player-career "Pelè", wouldn't put much stock in it.

22. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    you're ruining my post game psychology analysis here.

23. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    post-player Beckenbauer actually won a World Cup as coach whereas Pelé is all talk, entendi? A degree in psychology it's not necessary to be able to tell when someone is afraid.

24. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do wonder what the result would have been with a full strength squad of Neymar and TS available. I still think the Brasil that showed up during the 1st half against Colombia was the one I wanted to see this tournament. A lot of people like to discredit the team especially after Mineiraço. Yeah they weren't good, but they still made it to the Semis and if we were full strength would have given Germany a fight.

25. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    those are the same excuses we use after every world cup. Media attention; didn't prepare; talking to reporters. How many times have used that? just about every world cup we lost.