Pre-match: WC 2014 (quartas): Brasil x Colômbia, 4 de Julho de 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jun 28, 2014.

1. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the germans weren´t "crumbled" on D-Day. They imparted super heavy losses on the allies.

the allies outnumbered Germans 3-1 (150 thousand against 50 thousand) and had 10 thousand casualties, against 4-9 thousand from the germans.

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    The Allies ultimately won. Hopefully Brazil ultimately defeats Germany.

3. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Funny thing is that on this same date 10 years ago Scolari's Portugal lost the Euro'04 final to Greece!!

4. Hulk

Hulk Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Neymar is out, I'm Angry!!

5. thealchemist

thealchemist New Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    It was a criminal and obviously deliberate attack on Neymar. Is that what they call Colombia's beautiful game? Luis Soarez bite looks like child play compared to this. For the sake of football around the world, I hope FIFA punish Mr. Zuniga for his brutality.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Happy for the win, but damn this team is not clicking up front. Last 3 goals from defenders. Defense wins championships right ? ;)

Hulk is so horrible. I think Lucas would have done better at this point :eek:

Glad Avenida Alves has been closed. Good move from Scolari.

David Luiz was and has been a monster the whole tournament. I called his FK goal too to the guy sitting next to me as soon as the foul was committed :D

Blows that Neymar is out. I can't even think about Germany right now. The team is just so dysfunctional up front, I don't see how we will score goals.

7. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    I don't think it was deliberate to hurt Neymar, it was reckless though, this is what happens when the referee doesn't control the game.

RMSocrates and Mengão86 repped this.
  8. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    It wasn't deliberate. The ref lost control and wasn't protecting the players. What happen to Neymar was an unfortunate circumstance. Maybe, if the ref was handing out bookings early instead if allowing all those fouls to go unpunished, Neymar might haven been spared.

9. thealchemist

thealchemist New Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    If you play soccer you know exactly what will happen on a similar play. Flying down toward another players back with your knee raised like this is aiming to seriously hurt the other guy. I know Zuniga didn't start the play with such intentions BUT lower your good damn knee...half way through the jump towards Neymar he knew exactly what consequences could transpire from leaving his knee up like that. What a coward!

10. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    It was the end of the game and Colombia were desperate, I doubt he was thinking too clearly to predict what could or could not happen with that tackle.

11. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All excellent points. Well said.

12. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    What war r wentalking abt. Brazil is still in wc. Columbia has to tkae the bus home.
    Neymar or no neymar this team still can me finals. This team is pretty food defensively. All brazil neeeds is 2 more ugly wins

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    OK, let's settle down here. Brazil fouled a lot. But a similar foul to Zuinga?

I agree that you can't measure Zuniga's intent. I doubt he intended to injure Neymar. But he intended to go in hard, and he jumped and his knee went into Neymar's back.

As bad as Brazil's fouling has gotten, it generally isn't comparable. It's rough but it's on their feet.

In fact, the yellow Jame Rodriguez got, though it felt harsh, was also for a different foul - James was on the ground, sliding into the player. Brazil stays on their feet and hip-checks you and it's hard and strong, but not at all comparable to Zuniga's foul.

Also, things like "if you can't take it don't dish it out" are not appropriate for this context. You're welcome to talk about the game here, but if you want to vent about Brazil, this is not the forum for it.

Redshift repped this.
  14. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was clean.

JCNapoli17 repped this.
  15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What do you mean by clean? A knee in the back of another player is careless or reckless and the ref correctly appeared to consider it a foul.

Clean as in no intent to injure? Sure, but very few people are saying otherwise and I'm not interested in having a back and forth in this thread just because some people are emotional about it. If some Brazilians want to vent, this is their place to do so.

16. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Frames of the Zuñiga-Neymar incident:

[​IMG]

Clearly reckless, not deliberate, I think.

17. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Reckless yes.

18. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Someone biting another dudes shoulder, that is deliberate.

19. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, we could get into nitpicking over the difference between deliberate and intentional, but again, I prefer nto to have that back and forth here.

20. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Alright. For the record, there is a Roma fan, Meazza, who said it was clean. I typically don't agree with him, but I think he makes a valid point.

21. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I believe if that was Kaka and not Neymar that Zuniga would have richochet off of him. I'm not exactly a scientist though.

22. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Possibly. It was definitely the angle.

23. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In a way, according to some Roma fans, we think it was neymars fault for not protecting himself properly. He should have shielded himself more.

24. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    How serious is Neymar's injury? Will it threaten his career? Not my favorite player but never wish that to happen on anybody especially a star.

25. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Neymar made a very good example of what happens when you don't protect yourself. In a situation like that you should ALWAYS shoulder check and place a hand behind your back.

elvesuvio repped this.