WC 2014 Brazil qualifiers

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Smoga, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Poland's group:

1. England
    2. Montenegro - that's Czarnogora for us
    3. Ukraine
    4. Polska
    5. Moldova
    6. San Marino

Good draw. Finally an opportunity to beat England away and to show the Ukies who is the better host of Euro 2012. ;)

Montenegro, despite being "sexy" lately doesn't scare me. I predict first place outright (England is BOUND to lose poise at least once or twice while traveling to the hinterlands of Europe), second at the very least.

1 person likes this.
  2. leszek-antonio

Mar 16, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    England will have a new coach after Euro 2012, so we should really play them next year in the fall. We should play them in Poland right after Euro 2012. Our team should be well prepared (doesn't matter if they get out of group in Euro 2012) and this will be a good chance to beat England. If not, we can defienetly tie them (in Poland), they aren't Spain, Holland or Germany. Also, we should avoid playing Ukraine away in 2012, for the same reason I desribed above. They will be well prepared after Euro 2012. We should wait with the Ukraine (away game) until 2013. Montenegro, will be a tricky team. However, they can be beaten, especially in Poland. We should play them in Poland, right after Euro 2012, just before or after we play England. Save Moldova, Ukraine (away) and San Marino for the later parts of qualification in 2013.

3. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

you're killing me Smoga... too much optimism!! again!

no matter how bad England might get, they will always 'rebound' when playing Poland

best we can hope for is second place, what are the rules for qualifying from second place this time around?

4. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Winners of each of the nine groups qualify; eight best of the runnner-up teams engage in play-offs. The worst second place team is SOL. Altogether 13 UEFA teams qualify for Brazil.