Post-match: WC 2014 (Amistoso): Brasil x Holanda [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jul 11, 2014.

1. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    There are a couple, like Neymar and Oscar, also players that were not regular starters such as Bernard (although his career is derailing and who knows how good he will be in 4 years).

2. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn I never thought I'd hear the day that a modern Brazilian team was WORST than the WC'90 team!!:speechless:

3. Alvinegro!

Alvinegro! Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Florianópolis, Brasil
    Club:
    Figueirense Florianopolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But it is. That team wasn't that bad. And the 2014 brazilian team isn't so bad too. This game as terrible because noone was prepared for that game.

4. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    They didn't look any better against Holland. I'd go as far to say they looked the same as when Manes was manager.

5. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the 2014 is probably our worst WC team ever. The 1966 team had a worse campaign, but those were 58-62 champs, the issue there was age, not quality.

6. Alvinegro!

Alvinegro! Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Florianópolis, Brasil
    Club:
    Figueirense Florianopolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They were destroyed. There was no chance for them to play well after that lost (7x1).

They looked bad because in the semi-final and after they couldn't play calm.

7. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I figured we lose to Holland after that thrashing by Germany. No way we was going to recover mentally from that in about 3 or 4 days. The game could of taken a week later and we still would of lost by the same scoreline.

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right in the first minute I saw us pressing high and told my friend "oh sh1t, Scolari didn't change the game plan, we are screwed".

I didn't have any time to think if we had actually won, Scolari would have reinforced that the Germany game was completely caused by the "apagao"... :ROFLMAO:

9. Andr3sfc

Andr3sfc Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Manaus
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    FFS, they should hire a electrician.