Wc 2006

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Huss, Dec 13, 2004.

1. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    even better than 02? you guys are sayin america in land in the finals??? hahahah you have to be joking.

2. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hmm, so better than quarterfinals loss=in the finals then? I'm sure Korea will be glad to hear they were only Brazil away from winning the cup.

3. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    I didn't think the choices were great, either. I voted "was a fluke" because that's slightly closer to being true than the first two, and the last one strikes me as a bit of a cop-out. (Of course it's tough to predict, otherwise they wouldn't be playing the games.)

The best prediction I can make is that it strikes me as unlikely the US will advance as far as last time, and that as a US fan I would probably be satisfied with the Round of 16 as long as the US looked good doing it.

4. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ask this question again after the field has been determined and the group draw has been made. We dont even know who will be playing for the states come '06, or if we'll even be there at all...though if the US doesent qualify it will be a huuuge travesty given the final CONCACAF group. The team might be 300% better than the '02 team but that is no guarantee of any kind of performance.

5. bayern1

bayern1 New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    I completly agree. I think Holland is the best example for that. Four years ago they probably thought that they could win in 2002 but didn't even go.

6. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    Even in '02, if South Korea goes ahead and plays by the unwritten rules (ie, doesn't press for the win, 'cause both they and Portugal are in), we don't make it past group stage. Does this mean it was a fluke that we hit the QF? No, the two flukes were making it to the round of 16 and not making it to the SF (Danke, Herr Frings und Herr Dallas).

We suck in Europe, plain and simple. 1-1-1 and the first tee. 2010, though... watch out.

7. bayern1

bayern1 New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    I don’t understand why so many U.S fans are always talking about 2010. I think the tournament will be a great chance for an African nation to win a World Cup maybe not the hosts but who knows. Africa is the third best continent behind Europe and South America. It’s only a question of time until they win. I don’t’ think that a team from CONCACAF ever will.

8. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Umm, I don't think "watch out" means predicting a WC championship. Being that two teams from just about every group are from Europe, not playing in Europe has to be considered preferable for our own team's chancesof 'doing well'.

9. bayern1

bayern1 New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    I don't think that the continent where the World Cup is played should make a difference to the U.S. If 2002 really wasn't a fluke then they should be able to prove it in 2006.

10. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I don't disagree with Africa being 3rd, I believe the US is ranked ahead of all of the African Nations so to say no team from CONCACAF will ever win doesn't make much sense when compared to African nations. Now if the rankings change between now and then well that's another story

11. bayern1

bayern1 New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    The FIFA World Rankings are just a piece of garbage! I ‘ don’t know how they look now but I know that Spain was third for a long time without actually getting good results and Mexico was up very high just for winning the last Gold Cup.
    Also in late 2003, Bosnia beat Denmark in Denmark when they were in the mid 70s and Denmark was tied for 10th with the U.S.

12. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the 06 team will be better, but not go as far, while possibly playing better.

13. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    The only sensible option in this poll is 'too tough to predict', good to see some USMNT clowns are still blinded by the light shining out of their own arses, giving 'even better' the same number of votes. LOL!

14. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too tough to predict until the draw comes down. Then a somewhat intelligent guess can be delivered.

15. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    too tough to predict

but If i had to say something, id say they wont probably do as well as they did in 2002

16. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

What a penetrating analysis.