Wc 2006 Travel Plans

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by dcfan in bristow, Aug 8, 2004.

1. csh2000

csh2000 New Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Chicago
    Re: Warning Re: Net, Agent or Scalping Sales, or purchasing for others

My name was printed on my tickets for Euro 2004, but I was never asked for ID to prove that I was the person named on the tickets. We'll see if that continues.

2. cajun___soccer

cajun___soccer New Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Alright I'm in desperate need of help...
    Ticket prices for games about 6 or 7 games(cheapest & most expensive) and what are my chances of getting tickets to these cities?????
    Train tickets or weekly pass prices for about 4 or 5 guys to nearest city???
    I can figure out the flight and food but im confused on the ticket prices, but the train tickets confuse me the most.

My buddies and I want to travel to the world cup for our senior trip. I've read all your costs and figured that 4 or 5 teenage guys won't have that much to spend. My plan is to have a hotel room in Koln and watch a game in that city. Then wake up early and travel the next day on train to (Frankfurt, Kaiserslauten or Dortmund) watch another game in one of these cities. Then get back and rest the next day...Do you guys think this is a good idea? Can you guys help me out with planning all this. I'm really confused and my friends and myself would really love to make it there for '06. Thanks in advance.

3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    First, register on the yahoo group (yanksingermany). This is terrific resource for you to answer your questions. However, I'll try but I do not know all your preferences.

Let's assume that you are going to all the games in Koln and you're going to be based in Koln (accomodations).

2006 WC Schedule

Ticket Prices and Categories

Koln June 11, 17, 20, 23 and 26 (Category 4 is 185E (35E * 4 dates + 45E))
    Gelkirschen June 9, 12, 16, 21 and July 1 (Category 4 is 195E (35E * 4 dates + 55E))
    Frankfort June 10, 13 (Category 4 is 70E)
    Dortmund June 14, 19, 22, 24 and July 4 (Category 4 is 240E (35E * 3 dates + 45E + 90E))

If you went to these 17 games, it would cost 690 euro (approx $941)

Figure the euro is trading about 1.4 (so if it's 100 Euros then it will be $140 - actually 1.36 but close enough for planning purposes)

This sounds kind of fun; perhaps just a little overkill. I think the problem is if you wanted to follow the US this would preclude that. But I like this plan, maybe drop a few games to enjoy germany.

Germany Train Schedules

4. cajun___soccer

cajun___soccer New Member

Jun 10, 2004
    thanks man that was tons of help!!!! now where can i buy these tickets for the games?? thanks tonssssssss...

5. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
  6. willykirk

willykirk Member

Jan 6, 2004
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

you know, 3.2 million tickets only sounds like a lot of tickets. look at the seating capacity of the german stadiums:

Berlin - Olympic Stadium (reconstruction). 76,000 seats.
    Cologne - Muengersdorfer Stadium (reconstruction). 45,000 seats.
    Dortmund - Westfalen Stadion (slight modification). 60,000 seats.
    Frankfurt - Wald Stadium (new). 48,000 seats.
    Gelsenkirchen - Arena AufSchalke (new). 52,000 seats.
    Hamburg - Stadium Hamburg (new). 50,000 seats.
    Hannover - Niedersachsen Stadium (reconstruction). 45,000 seats.
    Kaiserslautern - Fritz-Walter Stadium (being extended). 48,500 seats.
    Leipzig - Zentral Stadium (new). 44,000 seats.
    Munich - Allianz Arena. 66,000 seats.
    Nuremberg - Franken Stadium (reconstruction). 45,500 seats.
    Stuttgart - Gottlieb-Daimler Stadium (modernisation). 54,500 seats.

i'm starting to worry there won't be enough to go around :)

7. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first quarter announcement has been on the fifa wc site for the longest time and that page has not been updated. The release that said february 1st came out much later. So the latest word is february 1st.

8. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I might be flying solo on this trip... so it'd be nice to meet up with all of you guys, since I don't speak the language and have never traveled abroad before.

When should I start worrying about tickets?

9. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Oh, and I definitely plan on doing this trip on the cheap.

I'm all for sharing lodging with as many people as is humanly tolerable. I could always make a bed out of empty beer cans.

We should almost have a sign up for people who want to share rooms. That way when it comes time to book rooms, we're ready to rock.

10. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For students, youth hostels are a great way to travel. It' a lot like dorm living in college. Cheap, friendly, and a great way to travel in indeterminant sized groups.

11. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    One is already started!

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155920

12. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    I know there are some hostels that have no age limit and specifically cater to families and adults. I've stayed in them in both Geneva and Amsterdam, and I've seen some in germany, I just have to dust off my resources to figure which ones they were.

13. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Re: Warning Re: Net, Agent or Scalping Sales, or purchasing for others

I just cannot see this being enforced. As stated someone said above, names were printed on Euro 2004 tickets but the weren't checked. Imagine how long it would take to check the tickets and passports of every single person attending every game. It also preumed that groups would travel to games together, when my friends and I got separated before going in a couple of times.

It is unworkable.

14. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005

Fight like hell till the Gestapo comes. And the run like hell, because you know the German authorities were watching that game too.

15. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    I'd like to post this checklist I created for people desiring to save up for the WC in Germany. It's chronologically based and is a good tool to remind you of things to prepare for, especially for younger people who need to save money for the travel expenses.

US Supporters - World Cup Travel Checklist

You can also find it in the planning section of the US Supporters Travel Site

Feel free to PM me with suggestions for future revisions.

16. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anyone know if you do NOT get tix in the first random round for Ger06, do you have to reapply for rounds 2, 3 and 4? until you are lucky enough to get tix?

17. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    You'll need to re-apply for every sales phase. I believe your information is stored in a database for later use but I have yet to go through the process my self

18. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    bump

19. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Just found out my brother and friends want to go and we have someone's home to stay in too :) Looks like there will be about 6 of us.

20. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Great. I've applied for USA TST-3 for 4 tickets. Can't wait.

21. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

applied for USA Cat3 TST-5 for 2 tickets (under another person name) as a backup in case I can't get USA Cat4 TST-5 for 2 tickets in US lottery.

I figure that I won't have a problem finding someone to purchase extra tickets.

22. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I just woke up a little on the early side to apply for a single game ticket for WC06. However, only TST tickets are available during phase II. Does anyone know when single game tickets will again be on sale? Will it be in phase III or later in phase II?