Alert: Wave @ KiXX game rescheduled for 3-17 in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by mjames1229, Feb 16, 2010.

1. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wave will play extra home game

By Dave Boehler, Special to the Journal Sentinel
    Feb. 16, 2010 2:15 p.m.

The Milwaukee Wave will play an extra home game as a result of the snowstorm that canceled the indoor soccer team’s game Feb. 6 at Philadelphia.

The game between the Kixx and the Wave has been rescheduled for 10:30 a.m. March 17 at the U.S. Cellular Arena as part of Milwaukee’s school-day program.

Because of scheduling conflicts, the game could not be rescheduled in Philadelphia. The Kixx also play March 20 in Milwaukee.

2. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Good call

3. slickersoccer

slickersoccer Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Newark, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this is one of those times when I get very little satisfaction out of it. The Kixx have already made some compromises that I consider to be serious in order to play at the Liacouras Center. I found two photo albums (one from the home opener and one of the empty arena) on the center's facebook page that give pretty good views of what the soccer setup is like. I'm pretty disappointed at how far away most of the seats are, the lack of any glass along either side (I realize they're not unique in missing some, but I can imagine the ball going out of bounds quite a lot), and the way that the "benches" and "penalty boxes" are just areas of the concrete floor blocked off with canvas barriers. Then there's the painfully small field that's having a pretty significant impact on the games (Look at the 23-20 score in their first home game. The same two teams played to an 8-7 score in Rockford last weekend). And this arena, which seems pretty poorly suited for indoor soccer to begin with, was too booked up to even fit in ten home games this year. I think the fact that the Kixx apparently signed a three-year lease here is more indicative of a lack of any realistic alternatives than of any happiness with their new situation.

Seven home games in a twenty-game season. I think this team is in danger of facing some dire consequences both financially (yes I know Milwaukee and Baltimore "bought" the two "extra" home games, but I really doubt they completely made up for the revenue lost) and in terms of staying connected to an already fleeting fan base. Again, I hope I'm wrong...

4. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    if you look at that setup it seems they could have made the field longer by atleast one whole length of a middle dasher board.

Also, why didn't they just put the bench on the otherside to utilize the actual seats. You could then just barricade the first 7 rows behind the bench and have the other sides seats completely unfolded...or maybe not casue the would probably do that.

with that said I think they should only sell tickets on the side that is closest to the field and behind the goals. If you fill those up then you can sell the other side.

5. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    it did look kind of lame on the webcast
    Like it was just thrown in there because they had to - not very professional looking
    I am sure it is fine and players adjust and you play under whatever conditions are thrown at you but........

6. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    It did look to be incredibly short, and it seemed like they could have done a better job of positioning the field. The convo in Cleveland looked very similar in design, and the field (although not 200 feet X 85) didn't seem as cramped.

7. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    wow watching the La RaZa @ KiXX game and wait what do I see?!? the field is setup exactly as I questioned why it wasn't setup like this. Nice to see a pretty good looking crowd on hand as well. Still a lack of dasher board ads, and too bad they don't have more home games(meaning since they have 3 less than 10 total) to try to get sponsors and such to fill those empty spaces up.

8. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Good Crowd? By who- Rockford's standards?

looks like 3000 which is bad for Philly... they were averaging 5-6,000 last year

9. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Kixx came back from a 14-6 deficit to win 18-17. The race for first tightens up once again!

10. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Holy Moly - Kixx win!!
    Boy I love this country and watching this sport!!
    God Bless America!!!

11. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    They tied 8-8. Congratulations to both teams.

12. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    you know - I respect you and what you do and for your love of this sport
    I respect your opinoins - I read what you have to say and when you and others are arguing about which side of the fence has greener grass - I tend not to get involved because I also commend both sides for their passion for the league that they enjoy and because both have a vested interest in the sport
    With that being said:
    Your score analogy after games that are close that you use the 1 point system to calculate - its wrong - get over it
    The MISL uses Multiple point scoring - plain and simple!! Yes they both put the ball in the back of the net 8 times but in accordance with MISL rules the score was 18-17 - It really is that simple.
    your little cheap shots of ridiculing that are getting a wee bit old and annoying.
    Just a little criticism - nothing personal - just telling you how I feel and really I am not sure how others feel - maybe I am way off base
    Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!
    And really I root for the Sockers - Dynamo & Cougars
    I have friends on those teams would love and I repeat would love to have attended a Sockers - Cougars game probably more than an MISL game

13. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Well until they get rid of MPS and chop it up into a million pieces and burn it and pour acid on it and put it in concrete and then put that in a safe and then drop that 5,000 feet underwater (these are the stupid people, after all who got rid of MPS only to bring it back again a couple years later), you're going to have to deal with it.

And it's just going to be worse this year as long as seemingly every game ends tied.

14. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Seems like you're the only one who's hung up on having to count.

Sesame Street is still on PBS if it helps any -

15. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    To be fair, unlike almost every game I attended at the Spectrum, the bulk of the crowd stayed for the entire game and was engaged in the action. In previous years, after half time a good portion of the crowd left. Last night, the people stayed, most were adults, and they were there for the game itself. I have to imagine that the Kixx are paying much less in rent than last year and if they can re-educate their fan base to come to the new venue they could really create a great atmosphere for indoor soccer. having said all of that, the field is really small. I was prepared to see a smaller field and was still shocked to see how close everything was. I can see why the Kixx don't focus on defense, on their home field you are on offense all the time. Also, with how much more narrow the field is than most, being a man down is not that much of a disadvantage. It took about 20 minutes longer from the south to get there that to travel to the Spectrum and while the area around the arena was fine, you do have to travel through an area that is no so great to get there. The arena is really set up for basketball, so the one end of the field has shadows. The PA announcer when he introduced LaRaza mis-pronounced most of their names. At first I thought it was an intentional goof, until he mis-pronounced many of the Kixx player's names as well. But the arena is fairly, new, clean, with good sight lines and adjacent parking, so I am confident that with time, a little imagination and work the kixx can create a fine game day experience there.

16. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    ok - now see you took offense - that was not my intention sir
    and I, like a lot of folks, have negative feelings about the MISL/NISL and the powers to be - but it is what it is and we have the 1 league. There are a lot of rules and the rule change in the middle of the year - ok goofy I get it - but if you do not like a majority of MISL ways then why do you care to comment on it and KEEP doing so
    My dad is bigger than your dad - my new toy is better than your new toy
    My bike is faster than your bike: that is what you are starting to sound like - my kids
    And I do deal with it - I watch the games / I go to a few games and if there were a team in Chicago and time/schedule allowed I would attend more games. And if there were PASL teams here I would go their games and not compare. I go to games here in Chicago that are local league games and enjoy them - I do not compare them to PASL/MISL or any other venue. There is a team that plays at the ODEUM that I think is pretty good and I think the Storm would be good in the PASL league but that is not the present and may never ever happen so why think about it. They are all their own entity. I do not compare our local theatre to the theatre at the mall - I just go to them.
    And I have always kind of thought of you as more impartial - sorry but I have lost a bit of respect for you today not that MY opinion means diddly squat to you but none the less it is a bummer because I held you in higher regards even though lots of others do not

17. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blastnut---be careful traveling back from the Rockford game tonight. The Chicago area is expecting a fairly large snowstorm starting tonight through Monday afternoon.

18. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    be very careful - not only snow but possible sleet and temp changes with a possability of 6 inches or so overnight - are you flying back home today or tomorrow??
    It is supposed to be pretty nasty later - BUT that is if the weathermen are correct??
    BE VERY CAREFUL!!!
    No driving in anger because Blast lost or driving to merrily because they won - stay focused on the job at hand
    My mother told me that once in high school after a big event - I looked at her like say what???

19. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    no its a good crowd by KiXX standards this season. Attendance in the boxscore is "1"...great! But I do think they had over 3k for the game. Last year doesn't count for anything toward this, economy i worse and all. I wouldn't expect them to just be able to take all the fans they had and plop them into their new digs. Next season might be vastly different for them.

20. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    Syd: I don't understand how a person in charge of PR for one league can come on here on bash another league. Boy that certainly makes you look real professional.

You're just mad when it snows, it snows white!!

21. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Said the St. Louis Illusion announcer.

22. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    I don't announce for the Illusion. What are you talking about?

Why do you feel it's fair to bash the MISL? Just answer the question. I don't see Kevin coming on here and doing so. I don't see Don Garber bashing the NASL or USL. Why do you do it?

23. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Oh good so I am not the only one that thinks that
    I agree with redhawk on this
    You should curve your anger or whatever it is that you have - were you fired by an MISL team or the league or what??
    Why do you resent it so much??
    Maybe a shrink visit eh?? Cure whatever issue is ailing you my friend

24. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    It's the same rhetoric from him... just ignore it.

He could start his own winery with the amount of sour grapes he has -

25. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    [​IMG]
    that is a picture dedcated to NSL- the worlds smallest violin will be playing for him