Watford vs Liverpool FC - EPL - May 1 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Morata? The guy is Heskey reincarnated. One good goal scoring season with a bunch of other seasons full of graft and not much else. He's so highly rated simply because he is coming out of real. There are better fits for us out there.

2. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Sturridge has hardly featured for Liverpool and his fitness is well documented in England......you'll be lucky to get over 20 mill for him.....I would guess in the 15 mill region

3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    his medical test would cost about 5mill and take 6 months.

4. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Probably get injured during a medical...those darn tests are rigorous

Imagine if Sturridge was never injured? Extra 12 points/20 epl goals?

Fussballer repped this.
  5. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At this point I really don't think he's always injured - its a psychological problem. Not saying he's a malingerer, just a head case.

6. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It is strange that you never actually see him get injured during a match. Coutinho and Mane's injuries this year happened right in front of us. Sturridge seems to be declared unfit out of nowhere. And then it's remarkable how sharp he looks in his random 10-15 minute cameos.

7. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Exactly. He seems fine walking off the pitch at the end of the match then we hear he's come up sore somewhere the next day, out for another (fill in the blank).

8. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    It's as though he needs to be 100% physically otherwise he considers himself injured .....probably explain why he 'comes back' without needing match practice & looks sharp

9. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Studge is obviously not a starter, but I'd decline the $20M to keep him, stick him on the bench, give him 20 minutes when needed and he can be a real shot in the arm.

Yes we we need a "full time" striker in, but Studge looks like excellent bench depth in Europe next year.

10. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    In theory all the above makes logical sense however just count how many times was Sturridge useful this season (an easy season minus the European excursions )....if you consider lovren given a new contract, klopp happy with his keepers and Sturridge has always been given positive words from klopp.....where is he gonna strengthen?? Obviously nor first teamers

11. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you miss the winkie?

12. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    a game or two back, jim beglin (he is imo the best game-time commentator on TV) said that his contacts within the LFC medical team tell him studge is totally po'd with the recurrent injuries and works like a dog to rehab each time.

I can't recall exactly how beglin phrased it but he deffo gave the impression that the physical issues are real and not just in DS's head.

13. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well that is bad news. I would hope that a neurosis might be improved with a sports psychologist or the like, but if he's just really that fragile I can't see him ever being capable of consistent play (even as a sub) in the BPL. Especially in a Klopp side.

14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he'll need to play consistently for a full season or so (for someone) to delete the "sicknote" tag. I really can't see anyone paying a lot for him, too much of a risk. what a bloody shame, he is a real talent.

15. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Another point on sturridge, he already spent a few years on Chelsea''s and Manciteh's payroll

Although an argument could be heard for him being played out of position at chelsea/cited. ... there has to be some influence from the medical staff of both clubs for him to leave no?

16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    news to me don, never heard that mentioned. I kinda doubt it - that's why teams have medical checks when they sign someone.

17. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Speke - any word on that? It really looked like a bruised front thigh muscle from a kick. In which case, pain and ice for 3 or 4 days and run/massage it out in another couple...... He should be okay by next week.....

18. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I just saw this --- basically my view too.....

19. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

From the man himself, sounds like he should be ok for the weekend.

“The injury is much better.It was a hard tackle and what happened was a dead leg. It caused a lot of pain in the area I was hit, but the pain has reduced now.

“At the moment, I am feeling very well – the first couple of days were the most painful.”

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Can's goal won the bbc's Goal Of The Season. I should think so - very well deserved.

21. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you weigh in meaning with the goal, yes it is definitely goal of the season. We don't make CL without that goal. However, if we're just going on goal merit alone, I would put Carroll's above his just slightly.

22. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I quite like the Giroud goal as it involved some nice build up play......I'm happy can got the GOTS as he is always under scrutiny sometimes unfairly