Watford FC Thread

Discussion in 'Championship Clubs' started by Zolo-Hornet, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Zolo-Hornet

Zolo-Hornet Member

Apr 7, 2008
    West Chester
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Watford have had an unexpectedly good start to the 2008/2009 season with a draw away to Palace and a win at home to Charlton. I was not optimistic at the start of the season but I think it was beneficial to get the Dan Shittu transfer resolved and now it looks like manager, Aidy Boothroyd, will be looking to bring in a few players before the close of the transfer window - we could definitely use a little more punch up front following the loss of Henderson and, to a much lesser extent, Ellington. It seems Boothroyd is, true to his word, trying to play more of a passing game this season so hopefully that will also translate into more entertaining football for the fans and, hopefully, a promotion push.

Next game is Forest away which will not be easy either. Forest have not had a good start but any time your playing away at the City Ground it will be a tricky tie. C'mon you Horns!

2. Zolo-Hornet

Zolo-Hornet Member

Apr 7, 2008
    West Chester
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmmm, its not looking so good for the Hornets. We are fourth from bottom, have an injury crisis, have lost the last two on the trot and now Elton has come out and criticized the board and alluded to more selling of players come the January transfer window. You've got to believe that Tommy Smith is going to be on the chopping block and if that is true then I really worry about our ability to stay up this year. I think Boothroyd is a good manager but right now the quality in the squad is not good enough to get the job done.

Only bright spot is progress into the next round of the League Cup by beating West Ham. My brother supports them so this was especially sweet for me. Swansea away in the next round - a winable tie. But what we really need in to draw Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal away in order to generate revenue to hopefully retain/bring in additional players. That or either Elton buys the club back.....

3. WatfordDenver

WatfordDenver New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Another point as we draw our way to safety with result against Barnsley today.

Just wanted to let Watford fans in Denver and around the US that a few of us have setup a small supporters club that first official gathering on Wed April 15th at 7:30pm and will be no other than the Hornet Pub on South Broadway.

All of you who are in the vacinity are welcome to join us. And check us out online at;
    http://www.watforddenver.blogspot.com/

4. engfootyabroad

engfootyabroad New Member

Apr 16, 2010
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States