Watching games on TV

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by nocarters, Aug 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    I was looking at my guide, and saw ACCN and about threw my remote at the tv because I was so excited!! Talk about last minute finagling! So happy!

nocarters and Kurt Kline repped this.
  2. nocarters

nocarters Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Georgia
    Looks like Sling has obtained access to ACC network also:

upload_2019-8-30_10-41-24.png

3. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, that's good news. Sling last year was better than Hulu has been this year. I've got Hulu for the next three weeks, and then it's back to Sling, which last year, had the Pac 12, which Hulu does not have this year.

4. wrg1

wrg1 New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Club:
    Carolina
    Thanks, I hope that's good news. I would appreciate anyone confirming that Sling is presenting ACCNx for them. Elsewhere on Sling's web site today is an older (8/21 notice that hasn't been updated (yet) Sling August 21.png

5. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sling carries ESPN. The ACCNX is accessed via the ESPN Watch app.

6. Mills

Mills Member

Aug 23, 2019
  7. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anyone tried DVRing, saving, screen capturing, etc a game on ACCN?

I tried last week for the UVA v WVU game using the screen capture function of a movie program called Power Director, and all I got was audio. I've done the highlights for the other women's games that were on ACCNX. I use HULU to get my ACCN. Wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

8. Tigmon

Tigmon Member

Liverpool
    United States
    Aug 5, 2019
    Accn and accnx working on sling and espn TV app now.

wrg1 and socalsoccer23 repped this.
  9. Mills

Mills Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Try using "Bandicam"; it's a great screen capture program.It's a $$ program, but well worth the money.
    Make sure your screen size is no more than 1920x1080 and that you have a semi good CPU and video card (nothing top of the line).

Val1 repped this.
  10. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    Not watching UNC right now thanks to ACCN. I have comcast and also pay for ESPN+ but that's not good enough apparently. The ACC was late to the conference channel game and apparently wants a premium price. I've decided I'm not paying and I kinda hope Comcast holds out. Customers have to draw the line at some point. Is paying $200/month for all these channels and good internet really going to be the norm? Notre Dame/Louisville football was on the main network Monday night, why? Because ESPN and advertisers wanted the viewership. Apparently the Thursday Clemson game got some negative feeback when millions of folks couldn't find it on their tv.
    So, soccer fans get bent over to pay while ESPN/ACC manipulates their channel lineup to make more and more money from us- customers. NBC Gold, ACCNX, ESPN3 or Watch or ++?? Enough is Enough. I'll watch college soccer on the SEC and BIG networks I'm already paying for this season and streams from colleges that will still provide them for free. Maybe, I'll change my mind in time but I feel like this entire viewership revenue bubble is about to burst and once again, the ACC was late to the party.

Particularly feel for parents now needing to pay to watch their kids play in the ACC or even just at an ACC campus.

Mills and Lagadema repped this.