WashPost: Fan Sues U.S. Soccer Over Alleged Discrimination

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by geordienation, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Dixie

Dixie New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Tallahassee, Florida

Unfortunately I agree with you and that just plain s_cks but $$ is the name of the game.

2. DaMarcus the Hoosier

Jun 14, 2002
    Indiana
    Well, it's hard to say "clearly" at this point. There is likely a dispute over the facts of this case (as differentiated over a dispute in the law), and that's what the trial will resolve -- which version of "facts" carry the day. IF what the filer of the lawsuit is saying is true, it's a big mess for USSF, but it's one thing to claim X, Y, and Z outside of court and to have the same claims validated inside the courtroom. So we'll have to wait and see, is the best I can say.

3. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    I am getting a LAWYER TOO

I will sue USSF for violation of my civil rights too, because here Houston Tx we have the right of watch at least once a year our US NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM, AND WE BEEN IGNORE, by the way Houston TEXAS IS A BETTER VENUE THAN "BOLLITIERY TENNIS ACADEMY, FLA" AND ITS 37 LANDSCAPE WORKERS, AT LEAST WE WILL PAY THE TICKETS .

4. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    Embarrasing as it is to admit it: you're right. I just went through a legal process where I discovered --to my total chagrin-- that some LAWYERS are 'highway robbers'. At least the one who was my 'counsel'...

He kept the retainer and left to Europe on vacation.

5. lurch

lurch New Member

Jul 12, 1999
    He has every right to sue. He was discriminated against because of his last name. He wasn't asked who he was supporting.

I'm as much in favor of the home field advantage as the next guy, but this is wrong.

Play in Columbus.

6. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My comments were based on how the facts of the case have been presented by the media. If they are in fact different than reported, then all bets are off.

7. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.

But the problem is...

He was an American.

He wanted to sit at the "U.S. section" at the lower deck cheering for the U.S. team.

He's sueing because he says that the USSF thought he would support the Honduran NT just because of his hispanic last name.

8. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Point taken & accepted !!!!!