washington

Discussion in 'Saint Louis Athletica' started by soccerreigns, May 18, 2010.

1. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    any news on washington signing yet? Are they having issues getting her signed b/c i'm pretty sure she is healthy now.....

2. sarahpt

sarahpt New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I cant wait 2 c Nikki again-she is so fast!

3. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't heard anything about Washington. Going by Tarpley's injury, she was injured in very early August and was ready to play in a game for short periods in early April for the first time and started her first game in early May.

Obviously, recovery times are always different depending on the player and the injury. Washington was injured nearly a month and a half later than Tarp. If she had the same recovery time as Tarpley, that would mean she would just now be ready to practice at full speed and maybe play a few minutes in a practice match.

I doubt if they would sign her until they are sure she is fully ready, because they will have to release somebody when that happens. Right now, they have Miyama and Chalupny playing wings, the position that Washington would most likely play, although she could also play forward. I know they want her out there, but I doubt if they'll rush it, considering that isn't exactly their weak spot right now.

4. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    true! they can bring her along slowly.. hopefully they can sign her. in NJ they couldn't work out a deal. so hopefully STL can!