Was there ever a J.League Winning Eleven 2011 game?

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by AKITOD, Oct 24, 2011.

1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Was or is or will there be a J.League 2011 Winning Eleven Club Championship thing being released?

2. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    They are usually released at the end of the season, almost halfway between releases of the major versions.

3. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The 2009-edition were released in August, and as far as I remember the 2010 version were also around the same time. So perhaps there won't be a game this year, since we're already heading into November now.

Could be connected with the Earthquake/Tsunami, and that Konami wanted to reduce costs and therefore chose not to release a J.LEague version this year?

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Apparently some files about J.league are present in PES 2012 so it might mean that they intend to incorporate it in the game via DLC.

5. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'd buy it if that was the case, in a minute. For years I've been frustrated that even with Konami as a major league sponsor, J-League teams have never showed up in PES except for those horrible PS2 games.

6. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I have been wondering too, with no surprise last years didnt sell so well. The PS2 is a dinosaur, GET WITH IT KONAMI!

7. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  8. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I'm gonna buy the Japanese version of the game, but use it on a European version console ( in Europe). Would I still be able to download the J.League-patch? I still got the 2009-version for my PS2, and it's alot of fun to play it even now, but would of course love to have an updated PS3-version instead.

9. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Setup a Japanese PSN and also you'lll need a JPN credit card or a JAPANESE PSN card with something like Y2,000 value on it, IT IS NOT a free download.. I'm going to Japan in April, so I plan to do the same...

10. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    2000円 for just the J-League, and only available in Japan? ******** Konami right in the ass. Makes me even happier to have gotten FIFA12 because you can just download the custom teams that everyone makes, which are generally just as good if not better than the real thing.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Not saying this because I worked on this (the statistics part) but it was a tremendous amount of work and it will be updated for free in the future.

12. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Agreed better paying 1,800 or whatever it is then paying 5,000 for a crap PS2 rehash.

13. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I got a Japanese credit card actually, but Im thinking its probably just as good to wait until the J.League 2012 edition will come out, this time probably as a stand-alone PS3-game. This update/patch is for 2011 anyway isnt it?

14. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Better not paying at all, really. By forcing it to be DLC (and if I'm correct, only available in Japan?) J.League is handicapping itself. If Japanese teams were included with the game in either PES or FIFA it would be a huge publicity boost for the league.

15. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yep only in japan, I think having to translate to English/Spanish etc would be a waste of time and resources. I don't think I would be wrong in saying there would be little interest outside of Japan, but also do agree that it should be included in the game to begin with.

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So to get the DLC from here (australia).

I would have to.

1. Get the "World Soccer Winning Eleven" to replace my PES2012.
    2. Get a Japanese PSN account somehow.
    3. Pay 1800 yen to get the DLC.

When put like this, probably not worth it.

17. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I just bought FIFA 12, and did what you said!

I have to say its impressive work, especially with the team uniforms which are as identical as they possible can be! Also well done on the player statistics, lineups etc.

I guess its a matter of what u're used to though, but I prefer the Winning Eleven series over FIFA, as I find the latter quite frustrating to play.For some reason though, they don't sell the 2012-edition of Winning Eleven/PES here in Sweden anywhere ( another proof of EA-domination), and if I were to order it from Japan it would have cost way more than 100 dollars with VAT and shipping included.

18. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, the biggest problem is that I don't think you can play w/ those custom teams online... or can you?

19. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    You can play training matches online I think, but not official matches. But more or less every guy I've played against have either been Barcelona or Real Madrid ( probably some noobs lol), so it becomes almost impossible to play if you then happen to be Consadole or Omiya=)

But also, I didnt manage to edit the teams after I downloaded them? Is that possible? My personal opinions of course, but there were some players I'd like to rate higher / lower, as well as make some changes to the starting lineup/formation. Shunsuke Maeda for example is listed as the best offensive player at Consadole.

I think it's fantastic done though, considering it's all user-generated ( didnt even thought that it was possible to do all this), but I still miss having the official J.League game with relegation-promotion, competing in ACL etc, buying/selling players and such.

I guess my view on EA as a whole also colours my opinion about the FIFA-game in a slight negative way=)

20. Retri

Retri New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Torino, Italy
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's probably not the case seeing as it used to take one person (a dude named Fernandinho) less than 2 weeks to translate the PS2 games (I believe he's done that upon release up until "J.League WE 2009 Club Championship", the second to last game of the series on Playstation 2);

the actual lines of text aren't that many anyway (and some group even made a very user-friendly editor to change pretty much every detail of the rosters but the kits with ease)...it's most likely just the J.League not allowing Konami to put the japanese teams into the european/US versions of the game unless they dish out an additional license fee (and Seabass refusing to waste money to please such a tiny portion of the playerbase, can't really blame him for that after JWE2009 and 2010 abysmal sales figures).

That being said I'm probably going to get this since I've never missed a J.League WE since 1996 (and regardless of the fact that neither FIFA nor these allegedly "next-gen" WE fully satisfy me, gameplay-wise), is anybody here willing to help out though?

I can probably get the japanese version of the game on PlayAsia (I wonder if the HK version would work as well since it's a lot cheaper) and wouldn't mind sending the money for the DLC in advance (I guess you're gonna need either a japanese PS Store card as well or a JPN credit card or else it won't work).

Get back to me via PM if you're willing to help and I'll give you my email (then we can arrange the details).

Thanks in advance!

21. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The offering are good, but the jersey editor seems very limited.

22. Retri

Retri New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Torino, Italy
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Anyone (although I think the DLC isn't even out yet)?

I'd send the money (+ a little extra for the trouble) in advance through PayPal or a money transfer service of your liking...also if you need something from Italy feel free to ask.

I apologize for "begging" for help but there's no other way to get to play this at the moment (unless I'm mistaken).

23. Breeze

Breeze New Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Has anyone tried http://pes12jleague.blogspot.co.uk/ ?

I downloaded the files but can't seem to get them to work.. I'm awful with computers so maybe someone with a copy of pes12 on the pc could give it a shot? Sounds like the most convenient way to get the J League for people outside of Japan.

24. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I recently bought the WE 2013 Japanese edition, and 2 weeks ago the J.League-pack was released. Even though I live in Sweden it was no problem downloading and paying for the pack, and it works perfectly fine here now.

The "only" things I had to do was to setup a 2nd user profile on my PS3, whose address etc are in Japan, and then use a Japanese credit card ( or I guess u can get a Japanese PSN-store gift-card as well) to pay with. I think the address have to match the address of the credit card though, so for us who don't live in Japan I think u have to find someone to do it for u, unless u get one of the giftcards.

I've only played it a little so far, but I'm impressed with the details, with almost every single player even in J2 ( as I've seen so far) being designed from scratch it seems ( for example Machida's Miki and Katsumata looked almost 100% real).

25. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm going to Japan in January and was thinking about this. So if I were to do something like you did, would you say I should purchase the game with a Japanese PSN store gift card (how much is the J.League content?)?