was Libertadores 2013 (2a parte) -- now bengala incident, etc

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    As awful as the Bolivian boy's death was, I'm tired of this whole situation. I stood by an earlier post I wrote - that those who really were responsible be tried according to Bolivian law and punished accordingly. I'm not gonna lie and say I cried when I learned the boy died - it's tragic, yes, but I didn't cry and this stalemate is annoying, especially given the situation involves the death of an innocent. But now it's on the hands of lawyers in Bolivia and in Brazil.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Personally... I don't think that will do anythign. The bigger issue at hand is the Hinchas/Barra Bravas and what goes on in the stadium. I am not pointing at Brasil, Argentina, or even Crazy Chilean Barras.

In general, things have to change. I am hopign this is the catalyst for us to keep tighter regulation over crazy Hinchas. I hope we cut down on things going in to stadiums, rocks being thrown, flares being snuck in. A form of recklessness killed that boy, and that team and Hinchas need to be made an example to bring change. Sucks for Brasilians and Corinthian fans...but it has to be done in order to send a wave throughout south america.

efernandez9, MetroChile and Suyuntuy repped this.
  3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Brazil's Constitution outlaws extradition (except for residents who are not Brazilian). So if it's somehow accepted that H.A.M. is the one who did it, since he's already in Brazil, there is no way he'll be "tried according to Bolivian law."

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    But Bolivian authorities appear to view at least some of the 12 detained Brazilians as guilty - so even if they can't get H.A.M., they'll try and convict them. Somebody will pay the piper.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Very interesting point. As many are asking, how is it possible that young men with no known job, have enough money to travel around the continent, and buy flares that cost about $50 each (100 Reais)? That's the crux of the issue.

As with Europe, the more private sector money flows into the clubs, the more:
    a) they have money to support their barras, to the point that they can pay salaries to youth who are, basically, criminals;
    b) the money comes from corporations that have ties with the media, which means the problem is less likely to be covered;
    c) the club top bureaucrats become linked to economic powers, giving them more of a sense of impunity.

Exactly the same things that caused the Hooligan/Ultras phenomenon in Europe.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No doubt it is trickling down from money from the motehr club.

I know the hinchas get money/kick backs from their club teams...that's no secret... in any country!

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yup. But it's one thing to get your tickets paid to fill the stadium, another to get paid a monthly salary (even included in the regular club expenses) just to be a "rabid fan."

At that point, new measures are needed. Because the barras are not only real fans, but start filling up with criminals who have found an easy life by joining them. That's a crucial difference.

Fans with flares will celebrate. Criminals with flares will hurt someone.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sounds like what happens with Boca Juniors also, same with the Borrachos del Tablon of River....they make a living of getting paid by the clubs... almost liek they hold them hostage for money. I remember so much coming to light after that one guy from river was shot I believe...it's fascinating...and sad at the same time. It's like Mafia type stuff...

9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is pretty much a carbon copy of what Penarol did to Emelec last week. I expect Penarol to get there goal in the 2nd half , Gago leaving injured for Velez isn't going to help.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No, Andres Sanchez used to be a member of the FO. He took a post with CBF a year or so ago and when Teixeira stepped down, the new CBF president, Marin, relieved him of his duties. He has no official position with Corinthians, but it does show that "torcidas organizadas" have a relationship with club FOs and that they receive benefits.

11. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    where have you been for the last decade or more?

12. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Suyuntuy you sir are a regular sleuth, big bravo to you for keeping us informed and connecting the dots.

It's pretty damn sad and obvious that a kid died for no good reason, not that there ever is a good reason, and absolutely no one is going to be held responsible. I'm not one for conspiracy theories or tin foil hats but it just seems way too convenient for a minor already in Brasil who is not exposed to extradition, will get a slap on the wrist and shift blame from the Corinthians Barra, to take the fall.

Everyone is covering their ass. Corinthians and their Barra, CONMEBOL, San Jose and its stadium security, and absolutely no one is occupied with the big picture that a kid and his family went to watch and cheer on their futbol team and now that kid is a cold decomposing corpse.

Corinthians will play the victim role and balk at CONMEBOL for the meager sanctions they're receiving. They'll huff and puff and they and some of their fans will threaten to leaven CONMediocre, CONMEBOL will pat itself on the back for said "sanctions" and will look into "fundamental changes" that will never occur, San Joses security will wash their hands of responsibility blame those crazy Brasilian thugs and in several weeks everyone will have moved on. But that boys family will be shattered and haunted by this event forever.

That's not right, and I'm afraid it doesn't matter, because nothing will change.

Gonchi, chaski, MetroChile and 3 others repped this.
  13. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Nacional?! Ok, I'll bite, let's hear it. This ought to be interesting, or at least amusing.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting...but that fine is peanuts for them. Should be higher...

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    in mexico city.

17. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    I think what is sad here is the fact that nobody has interviewed the boys family.
    They all talk about the incident and the sanction for Corinthians but nobody has referred to the family. I think there is no respect

18. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    I think what is sad here is the fact that nobody has interviewed the boys family.
    They all talk about the incident and the sanction for Corinthians but nobody has referred to the family. I think there is no respect

sidspaceman repped this.
  19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea...but truthfully I think they actually kind of deserve the privacy. His funeral was a thing of beauty, with many San Jose hinchas cheering for him. I have to admit, reading the article made me choke up.

Plus, the family is receiving a lot of monetary support. I know Bolivar has stepped up and is donating a certain amount from ticket sales on a recent game. Our team owner has written a letter to his family also.

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    respetos a la familia que perdio un hijo:

[​IMG]

21. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    respetos para un hincha que fue a ver un partido de futbol y volvio en un ataud a su casa, todo por la estupidez de un par de personas, en otras palabras por un par de delincuentes mal llamados "hinchas"

MetroChile repped this.
  22. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Do you have a copy of that article?

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.gol.com.bo/2013/02/despi...+blogspot/futboldebolivia+(Futbol+De+Bolivia)

[​IMG]

I am pretty sure that's the cemetery where my grandfather is buried. It is BEAUTIFUL!

""Ni la muerte nos va a separar, desde el cielo te voy a alentar. Orureño soy", cantaron los hinchas de San José con la voz entrecortada y derramando lágrimas, portando además banderas del conjunto orureño que lucieron con crespones negros, justo en el momento en que el cuerpo de Kevin fue inhumado en el camposanto donde descansará por la eternidad."

unclesox, Ohiginiano and sidspaceman repped this.
  24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    los vandalos esos, viajaran a tijuana?

llevaran barra organizada los gaviotas?

25. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    The Corinthians fans under arrest in Bolivia continue in jail despite the minor's confession.

In other CONMEBOL disciplinary-related news, Vélez Sarsfield will be forbidden from having any fans at its stadium next week when it hosts Peñarol; and, Vélez Sarsfield fans will be barred from any forthcoming Libertadores 2013 away match, even if Vélez reaches the final.

Peñarol fans will not be barred, but the club will pay a USD 14,000 fine - not much compared to the USD 100,000 fine Vélez Sarsfield was hit with.