War on Christmas (now featuring multiple holidays!)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by guignol, Nov 5, 2014.

1. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Sounds like some strange prn to me.
    Besides he has already returned and lives in southern California.

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #827 usscouse, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    It's great that even at my age I find something new, every day.
    Such as line 3 here.
    Just wondering what the 4 guns Sounders has though. Gotta be at least one AR 15

image.jpg

3. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Katie Tur pointed out the Trump was celebrating Festivus early this year. By airing out all his grievances at Thanksgiving.

4. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    My son loves that show. Before he finally cut his hair, we were calling him White Jesus.

5. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999

I support these efforts against deforestation.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  6. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I have my youngest at Sam’s Club today. My daughter loves the action of Black Friday shopping even if her wheelchair is a bit cumbersome in large crowds. Because of that, I’m keeping to the less crowded aisles, and I see an older guy, looks late 50’s, early 60’s, kinda looking at the two of us.

Sadly, I’m used to it and my daughter doesn’t even notice, but I’m watching him because he has been watching us way too ********ing long. I make eye contact more than once and give him the wtf look and he disappears around the corner. We move along.

Couple of aisles down we come around the corner and this prick is RIGHT ********ING THERE, blocking the aisles with something in his hand. He says to me “Let me show you something, if you find Jesus your daughter won’t need her wheelchair anymore” and hands me a card for some church.

I yelled at him “GET THE ******** AWAY FROM US YOU ********ING ASSHOLE” and threw the card back in his face. He turned and walked out of the store and we kept milking around.

On the way home my daughter, who will NEVER, EVER be able to walk, asked me about the man I yelled at and what he meant by she wouldn’t need her chair anymore.

I ********ing hate people that are so absorbed in their particular form of voodoo that they don’t care about the consequences of their actions.

The longer I thought about it I wish my reaction would have been to punch the guy instead of just yelling at him.

Sorry for the rant, had to get it off my chest.

7. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Sorry you have to deal with that shit. But this thread is the right place to vent.

8. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So sorry you had to go through this. Goddam indecent people in this world.

9. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries.
    I woulda stabbed the fcvk outta that fcvker.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  10. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    What in the f#ck? Trying to make a Jesus sale on Black Friday to complete strangers. Lower than a worm that motherf'er.

People just need to mind their own gdamn business in public. We are surrounded by uncouth idiots unfortunately.

11. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a few pretty standard reactions when people see my kids out. I will say, other than being in wheelchairs they do not look handicapped, they are usually cracking jokes and generally being sarcastic and their chairs are not power chairs, and they do not need to be pushed.

First reaction is to look then quickly look away. Completely understandable.

Second is to look, smile, and go about your business. They are cute kids, are friendly and say some funny stuff.

Third is pity and/or sadness. I don’t understand this but it happens. Whatever.

I’m sure the a-hole from today thought he was helping. I really don’t have any other explanation as to why anyone would say what he said, and this isn’t the first time.

Maybe next time I will make note of the church, take my kids there and when their leader can’t enable my kids to walk I can just shut the church down by pointing out how incredibly stupid they are.

I’m still pretty pissed.

12. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I'm reminded of a recent article about how difficult churches often make matters for children with disabilities.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...6cca409c180_story.html?utm_term=.3c7a2a95857f

xtomx and Auriaprottu repped this.
  13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #838 usscouse, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    One of the kids I coached a few years back had a sister with a nasty degenerative MS. Beautiful girl and a talented artist. The father was a pastor who's help to his daughter was to tell her that it's her fault for not believing strongly enough........

14. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    :(

15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Hey...which one of these guys is you?

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

It's almost like tinsel....very confusing! :confused:

17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m a moderate. I’d have cock punched him.

18. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It's nice to see how Christmas is celebrated around Trumps Right Wing Community.

ceezmad and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Pray harder. What a motherf'er.

20. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Idaho family wins four-year 'war on Christmas' lawsuit against neighbors who discriminated against their religion by trying to stop extravagant nativity play featuring a real CAMEL outside their mansion

Jeremy and Kirsty Morris won $75,000 in a lawsuit after they claimed an Idaho Homeowners Association discriminated against their religious beliefs when they tried to stop a nativity event.

Full Story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ighbor-claiming-religious-discrimination.html

21. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
  22. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I don't know if this quite crosses the line to be either abuse or neglect, but if social services took this girl from this home I wouldn't cry.

roby repped this.
  23. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #848 usscouse, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  24. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Horrible but not out of the norm, unfortunately.

usscouse repped this.
  25. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    She passed away a couple of years back. My wife and I sold the house when the parents were almost driven out of town and his branch of Christian church was abandoned.

She used her bedroom and hallway walls for her artwork. The new owners kept it all.

fatbastard and stanger repped this.