Want to join me for a J-League live match?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OishiiUdon, Aug 16, 2013.

1. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think this won't be easy but I'll try anyway :p

I will arrive to Japan in a few days to stay until the first weekend of September.
    Is there anyone around 関東 (Kanto) area willing to go to a match with me? :)

I will probably stay around Tokyo during my trip and would love to go to a J-League match, and of course support the local team.
    If you are more or less nearby I guess I could travel to your location.

There will be a nice Yokohama Marinos - Urawa Reds at Nissan Stadium (Yokohama) the 28th of August. That seems very interesting :p

My biggest concern, however, is that most people might live overseas (just like me).

If you happen to be in Tokyo sometime until the 6th of September, we could also visit KAMO Soccer and have a drink afterwards, in case the whole match thing is not appealing to you.

Thanks!

2. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope you get a guy, I would gladly go if I was there

3. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thank you for dropping a line, Blue-San! even if you can't come at least now I don't feel forever alone xP

4. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I'll be there 2 weeks later, so guess the timing was bad!:/

6. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ahhhh that was close... >.<

If nobody can make it, once I come back I'll write a few lines explaining how to get to a stadium, buy the tickets, etc.

As of today, the J-League leader is Yokohama Marinos, and Urawa Reds are in 3rd place. Both of those teams are located near Tokyo. You can get to their stadiums after a 1 hour-something ride by train from Tokyo.

I've been told by a Yokohama Marinos supporter that the ticket for the Nissan Stadium costs 2200 yen before the day of the match, and 2600 on match days. That's about 22 and 26 dollars // 16 and 20 euros. Very appealing :p

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  7. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The ticket machines at 7/11 are a little annoying be warned.. P.S. if you're buying general admission you better show up early for a decent seat.

8. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ok so I'm back from Japan!

As soon as I got to Narita I went directly to Yokohama to see Marinos vs Urawa Reds. What a great atmosphere!!!

Arriving 4 hours in advance, at Shin-Yokohama Station I could already see many, many people wearing Marinos' uniform/jerseys/shirts and walking towards the stadium.
    It was really easy to get there.

I bought a ticket at the most expensive seat area (called SS) and it was 5.000 yen, which is more than I had been told but later I realized it was worth it.
    Other tickets were about 2.000 yen.
    You can buy the tickets at convenience stores but in the end I did it at the stadium.

Even 3 hours before kick-off the atmosphere was great, you could see it was an important match, supporters' chants started so long before the match that I thought it was about to start any moment.

A big thumbs up for Urawa Reds' supporters, even loosing 3-0 they kept singing and jumping like there was no tomorrow, although that's something typical of J-league crowds, it's always amazing to see.

Final result:
    Marinos 3 - 0 Reds

Some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video highlights (by /jleaguehighlights @youtube)

c shima, AKITOD, Majster2 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    For some reason I can't edit my last message, I wanted to add this, a Pre-Match video I recorded: