Wales - Slovakia (R)

Discussion in 'Group B - England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia' started by nirvaanfc, Jun 11, 2016.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Huge 3 points for Wales. One foot into the door of the knockouts.

taylor and White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Slovakia's defense seemed shocking today. Literally.

3. JamestheDW1

JamestheDW1 Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lol I guess you can take back what you said about Slovakia winning 4-1

4. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well yeah. I'll admit though I did think Slovakia were much better than that, and I still do. It was a horrible performance especially defensively. I think this was just an upset with Wales catching Slovakia on a horrible day.

5. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    FYI - the link was to my blog, which I had created before the tournament. I acknowledge the English are the favourites in most people's eyes but it won't be as straightforward as people may believe. I also agree they struggle in the knockout stages, but I would expand that to even the group stage games at major tournaments even when they win or draw (Trinidad/Sweden in WC 2006; Algeria/Slovenia/USA WC 2010; Sweden/Ukraine Euro 2012; Costa Rica WC 2014).

Expected more from Slovakia. Ben Davies was the man of the match for me, that goalline clearance off Hamsik changed the game. Skrtel was terrible.

This win for the Welsh coupled with the other result means they basically need to get a point from their last two games and that should be at least good enough for a best third placed spot.