Wages

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Blue-San, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know this is not fully known but for starters just 3 questions

1) - What is the wage of Stojkovič?

2) - What is the wage of Mihajlo Petrovič?

3) What is the highest wage for a player in J-League and who is receiving it?

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    http://jsalary.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/■2012年■

All approximations and nothing is concrete, but it will give you a good understanding of who earns the most.

Edit: Tulio seems to be the highest earner at around $2 mil a year.

Edit2: Anyone else notice Endo's salary? Must be a mistake right? He's earning one of the lowest salaries in the league if that's true.

3. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    man I really appreciate this. This was an awsome read and I learned a lot in the process including about Pro C, Pro B, Pro A contracts and the limits which go with them such as

48.000€ for Pro C

and 70.000€ for first year of Pro A

One question though. How come if we look at the case of for instance Genki Haraguchi

1. He is suposingly atm getting about 100.000€ a year
    2. last year he got 70.000€ (which is fine because it is the cap)
    3. year before that 60.000€
    4. year before that 35.000€

The reason I dont really get this is...if let's say Haraguchi was in year 2010 at his first year as Pro A contract and he got 60.000€

than i have the following questions

a) why wasnt he given 70.000€ which is the max?
    b) if year 2011 was his second Pro A the limit was gone...so why only 70.000€?
    c) he is now in his third year of Pro A and still only 100.000€?

This is bugging me, so if someone can help me out here, I would appreciate it. I do understand that players in Japan get paychecks based on how many years they are playing as well and younger players have lower salaries like Kiyotake who has although he is a star only 300.000€ but Haraguchi at the richest club in the league only 100.000€ after third year as a pro?

Kagawa was getting 400.000€ at the age of 21 but yeah I know he is the youngest who went pro

still help me out here

thnx in advance

4. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Haraguchi signed a long-term contract a year or so ago so he probably doesn't get much of an increase every season.

Most players in the league are signed for 1-2 years which is why they can consistently get pay raises if they perform well every season.

Haraguchi is not on a 1-2 year contract. He's on a pretty long one so there's probably some kind of agreement where he gets a modest pay raise every season.

5. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And cases where a young superstar would get instant 500.000€ in his second year as a pro A dont happen? (clause which basically say please player X sign with us we promise you pro A of max 70.000 first year and in the second year 500.000€)

are there limits to that or is it that it just doesnt happen that way because of tradition?

6. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think its more of a mentality thing as opposed to something formal.

Like you said its probably tradition. Young players probably don't want to be seen as greedy or undeserving. They'd rather prove themselves and accept a salary for what they believe they are worth.

Which is why you see foreigners with such high salaries even though they really don't deserve them. Kiyotake would probably be one of the highest paid players in the league if he was European, but I think that there's a kind of mentality that you need to earn the right to such a high salary which is why you don't see any youngsters with abnormally large salaries.

7. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think it does happen.
    When we got promotion 2 years ago there were a lot of rumors that Nagai would come back to us, he was even in the stadium on our last game before promotion.

He had a few options, and it is said that his advisers told clubs they were only interested in what his second year salary was. Avispa couldn't compete, especially as our J1 future was totally unknown for 2 seasons time, and he went to Nagoya.
    I still think it was a bad career move. He's had ACL games and been around better players and coaches, but he could have had 50 guaranteed starts by now at Fukuoka.

8. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    But Nagai's salary is "only" 150.000€

Also I think this system is managed right down to a spot. Well done J-League once again.

9. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Which would make him one of the highest paid players at Avispa, probably 3rd highest after Koga and Sakata.

I think it is a generally good system, but gets so skewed towards the more experienced players. For the 2011 season Makoto Tanaka was on 40m a year, Shimizu was 2nd highest at 14m a year. They didn't play 10 games between them.
    Foreigners also skew things. Our total cost (agent fees, translators, housing etc.) for Ramazotti was 40m, a guy who made 4 sub appearances and scored 1 irrelevant goal (and has since gone on to do even worse in the Swiss league).

10. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I would love to know how much Diogo would cost if we add all those factors. Or Ranko Despotovic.

Seriously, I'm tempted to say that even some of us here at BS ( who have played at an atleast semi-decent level) would have done better than those guys ( if they put us on a 2-month intense workout-program first to get in the physical shape needed) if we got the chance.

11. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Its interesting to think how european football would be more equal as before with similar salary system.