W-League Playoffs [R]

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by El Gato, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Bloodthirsty

Bloodthirsty New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Shore
    OK....................... :rolleyes:

2. Bloodthirsty

Bloodthirsty New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Shore
    Actually, it doesn't tell you anything about the Whitecaps attendance
    and marketing, but nice try anyway....

3. Bloodthirsty

Bloodthirsty New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Shore
    The voice of reason....

4. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Actually it tells a lot - If you had baseball teams that have been around for 10-15 years, easy access to all kinds of sports less than an hour away,

In an hour you can be in NYC , Philly... at a number of major league events

Where can you be an Hour from Vancouver ? or two hours ?

5. Bloodthirsty

Bloodthirsty New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Shore
    No point arguing with you, but again, it tells you nothing about the Vancouver market. It might say something for NJ's poor attendance. Where are all your young female soccer players? Watching baseball? Says something about NJ's marketing plan I'd say.

You have to know our market. Spectator sports are a tough sell here (especially in the summer), and to get the size of crowds that they have been able to for the women's team is quite an accomplishment. I believe they rank #6 overall in USL attendance at any level.

Kerfoot has gone out of his way to bring in a top level team, and it is paying off in the seats as well as on the park. I was really surprised at the (relatively) low turnouts in NJ last year with all the top talent that was on that team. I'll defer to Mati's comments..

By the way, in an hour or so you can be at the top of Whistler mountain, on the Pacific Ocean, enjoying the best mountain biking in the world, etc... Get the picture? :)

6. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caps women and fans,

Congratulations on another successful season!

H