Vs Wolves

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kazuma, Sep 14, 2019.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Just saw highlights, so can't comment on the game...but wow....Abraham.

2. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #102 Blueallthru, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    I'm not English, but something about this squad just makes me happy. My expectations are the same today as they were 2 months ago (low) and frankly won't change. IMO we'll be all over the place, but ******** it's fun. More fun than I've had in years supporting this club.

I am a fan of the University of Minnesota. I've had season tickets to football before but kids and wife put an end to that. I want Minnesota to recruit kids from Minnesota who have cheered for the Gophers since they were young. I also know that we need talent from elsewhere to improve.

That's what this Chelsea squad is. Seeing these kids score and the joy they have on their face just melts me. Mace scored today and he was nothing but a 7 year old seeing us for the first time. His mom posted a photo after scored and that was the look.

I love this club.

The end.

3. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    he may not play again for the first team outside of early cup match.

Think about the lineup lamps isn't dropping mount for anything at this point, willian has to play.

In the middle of the midfield they have kovacic, jorginho, barkley,kante mount and will have rlc

on the wing they have willian, mount, pedro and cho

we know mount will start and cho has to start when he comes back in another week

there isn't a spot in the middle of the field for mount there is no way a healthy kante doesnt start if he is healthy and if he isn't healthy you'll see a lineup like today and he didn't play today at all and with cho around he'll be even lower in the pecking order he likely won't even make the 18.

on top of that consider they are going to have a ton of money to go after sancho this summer...willian and pedro will be gone but being a third/fourth winger shouldn't on a middle of the pack premier league team shouldn't be where he wants to be at this point in his career he needs to play.

4. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    After one match....

He's started and played and looked decent in those matches. Mount isn't a winger. Pulisic is. Eventually he will be fighting for a spots against Willian, Pedro, and CHO.

You've got to be kidding me with the he has to play shit. He HAS been playing. So far Willian hasn't impressed but I guess he was decent today.... He also only has a year left on his contract.

If we decide to play a 4231 (please no) he can play in the attacking band behind a striker.

Again, you're making a knee jerk reaction to one match. We'll play around 60 matches this season. That's a lot of matches. He'll get his.

lobomojo repped this.
  5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That look BTW. IMG_20190914_212221.jpg

StamfordBridgeLions and lobomojo repped this.
  6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Middle of the pack premier league team :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Solid trolling. Well done!

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  7. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    As a fan of a different Big Ten school, I approve this message. Especially since it means we win every year.

8. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Yah. I also haven’t seen anyone mention Pulisic was just over in the US for the international break playing on shitty fields for a terrible manager, and played a lot of minutes. On top of having a shortened summer break. He wasn’t needed today. There will be plenty of minutes for him this season.

lobomojo repped this.
  9. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I think he’s have been better today than Mount, but the notion that he’s “not needed” because we have players like Barkley is lol funny.

10. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh I get it. Being a Gopher fan sucks.

11. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Plenty.. and given how Willian has looked I don’t think he’s going to have trouble maintaining a regular place

12. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    its not after one match

its been coming willian,cho,rlc all coming back from early injuries didn't just happen we knew it was going to happen.

he clearly isn't ahead on the wing with mount even though he isn't a wing, he won't be ahead of cho who will be back in a week and willian. in two weeks he'll be at best the fourth choice and maybe fifth. Then on top of that they are going to hard after sancho who will be ahead of him and will likely go after another top wing if they don't get sancho. only getting 20 app and mostly as a sub would be disappointing for him.

13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We have an important game Tuesday. Pulisic will play some mins then. He would have played some mins Saturday, however we needed to make three substitutions for injured players. Pulisic is at the right club, we are building a sweet team with a great group of young players.

14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Lol, we played with no wingers yesterday, so how is Mount clearly ahead on the wing?

15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tomori was player of the year at Derby. Great on the ball, fast and quick footed. His only question mark is heading at times.

Two big games coming up this week, Valencia and Liverpool, hopefully we can get two good results and our youngsters can score more goals. Hopefully Captain America gets some minutes and gets his first Chelsea goal.

16. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    because when they have a healthy midfield mount starts on the wing on his his strong side and pulisic gets moved to the right. If you watched the match him and willian were on the wing. don't get caught up in lineup graphics.

17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    One ********ing match. It was one match!

Before that where we played with 3 CB's for the first time this season... we've played variations of a 433 and 4231 where Pulisic has played in all of thos matches and started at least 2. This total knee jerk shit here is ludicrous. Before you pull the watch a match shot, I have, so has everyone else. We're well aware of how we play.

He's played in every other match. If you're scared he isn't good enough that's the Landon Donovan attitude. Give him a ********ing chance before you cry foul that he las to leave because he isn't playing. Again, one ********ing match. ONE.

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    LOL, we played a system with the wingbacks on the wings. Don't get caught up in your agenda. That you think Willian and Pedro are ahead of him, when they're over 30 is bizarre.

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Someone mentioned on the commentary that this guy...

[​IMG]

is only 3 years younger than this guy...

[​IMG]

I don't know what the hell the latter has been doing but I hope it's been fun coz he looks knackered after doing it :eek:

:giggle:

20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is obviously just trolling. Go away!

21. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I like how Lampard adjusts and stuff depending on who we're playing and who looks good in training and whatnot.

22. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Exactly... we're a lot more stylish than our opponents and we're more... er... cleverer :)

StamfordBridgeLions and Blueallthru repped this.
  23. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Next match, back five:

Alonso-Tomori-Christensen-Reece James.

Honestly I’d love to see Azpi on the right of a back three again.

24. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hmm. As poor as Az has been so far this campaign, I don't think James offers more - we're just not sure yet. I'd like to see him in an early Cup tie, etc.

It could simply push Az back to his normal level, as well. Good to have options.

Also, Christensen is interesting. A few managers have not trusted him and our current boss favors Zouma, who is woefully inept, and Tomori, an untested rookie. Not sure what's going on there and it seems more than just simple rotation.

25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lamp did make some comments that inferred the Carabo Cup, Grimsby Town, next week is good timing because it will be useful for players like CHO, Reese,and I forget the 3rd he mentioned and others, post injury and young, can use it to get game time, get to game speed, get assessed for where they are in recovery, and earn first team starting rotation.