Alert: Vote for Possible Names for Miami MLS team

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, Nov 11, 2008.

1. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

i was thinking the same thing

2. BROSUF

BROSUF Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portland Timbers

3. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    gtfo with that :D

4. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's from Davie where mullets rule.

5. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Miami Sound Machine FC

Vice City FC

6. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are a few more

Miami Toros
    Miami Gatos
    Miami De Sol
    Miami Rojas
    Miami Conquistadores

7. El Rey305

El Rey305 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Aventura
    I just want to say a couple of things and I hope they don't offend anyone.That is not my intention.

1. You need serious help if you think a team half owned by Barcelona will have a name like INTER, ATLETICO, DEPORTIVO, SPORTING, OR AC embedded in their name. While some of you make the argument that there are lots of teams with atletico or deportivo or inter or any other name suggested, think about this.
    there are 54 cities that are named Miami, 2 of the biggest ones are in Florida and Ohio but you go anywhere in the world and mention Miami 99.99% of the time people will automatically think about the one in Florida first.
    My point is that while there are numerous teams with the atletico name or inter or deportivo people will automatically think of the most succesfull ones . Like for example ATLETICO MADRID, AC MILLAN, INTER MILLAN and so on.

2.MLS lacks fans and authenticity in their stadiums because of its tender age in the football/soccer world as a league. Due to that fact their skill level is not that great. Now If you have one of the most successful teams in football history wanting to be involved in your league, would it not make sense we use a part of their name for the expansion team they will actually own? wouldnt that bring a little authenticity to the league and the team? How much sense would it have been for the Galaxy to sign Beckham and not put his name on the jersey? the same authenticity Beckham brings to the league and the Galaxy, is the same Barca will bring to Miami.

3rd and final one...
    Football is the most popular team sport in the world. Is bad enough that while the English did come up with the name Soccer, we are the one of the only ones that use it. If we are going to have a serious league in north America i think we need to stray away from the traditional team naming that only Americans follow. I think is kinda childish and juvenille to name teams after an animal and sometimes disrespectfull after a group of people that you almost whiped of the face of the earth like the BLACKHAWKS, RED SKINS, SEMINOLES, and so on. I believe the beutifull game shouldnt follow these examples. After all, animals, world events or natural disasters dont play sports, people do. The Marlins dont play baseball, the Dolphins dont play football, the Panthers dont play hockey and the earthquakes :confused: dont play Soccer. Leave the Mascotts and kiddy names for Schools and Universities and grown up America.

One last thing s. it would be Ironic to call a team the millioners when 99% wont even make 200k a season..

8. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok so then how about the name Atletico Miami FCB I think that could fly

You add to the team as if it was FC but you add the B for Barcelona!!

9. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

10. El Rey305

El Rey305 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Aventura

11. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

13. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And who told you soccer doesn't have cheerleaders??? I would show you some very.... interesting ones from Argentina but this isn't a NSFW thread, so... :D

14. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH! Please show & tell. Maybe you can get me to change my mind....;)

15. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quote=Antique;16400957]OH! Please show & tell. Maybe you can get me to change my mind....;)[/quote]

I could be swayed as well. ;)

16. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

17. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well... I guess a few links here and there won't hurt nobody. Plus it'll add to the... ajem... philosofical nature of the argument :D :

http://msn.foxsports.com/fslasc/photoGallery?contentId=8853532#sport=Futbol&photo=8853536 -Mexico's Cruz Azul Cheerleaders.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fslasc/photoGallery?contentId=8813342#sport=Futbol&photo=8813636- More assorted mexican beauties.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fslasc/futbol/photogallery?contentId=7832064&pageNumber=5&slideShow=true and the promised argentinian beauties. Not exactly the PG-13 cheerleaders americans are used to.

18. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, Esteban, you win!....:eek: ...A few of the Mexican ladies could actually get me to cheer for El Tri from time to time.

Hilarious, especially the Argentinian cheerleaders. Not PG-13 indeed. Those cheeky ladies are gettin' close to XXX territory more often than not. If you could check the mascot that is in one pic he'll probably have proof of his masculinity juttin' out for the world to see.

A very interesting take on a bit of "americana" that seems to have gone south, in more ways than one...:D

19. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only mexican league though cmon i kno u seen the argentinean league chererleaders, especially Boca's

20. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    Re: Miami Armada as team name.

Yeah, but wouldn't Conquistadors work? Sorry if somebody else posted this; I haven't gotten that far. If not that, the how 'bout Breakers, or Sharks (old ASL team)?

21. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Miami Armada as team name.

The Breakers are the Boston franchise in WPS...:eek:

Sharks would fit into the "fishy" character of many sports teams here (Marlins, Dolphins), but let's make it specific: Miami Makos. Big shark; fantastic jumping gamefish, great fighter. What team colors do you suggest that would fit the name?

Conquistadors might fit the hispanic majority in Miami & Miami-Dade. It might be fun to create a shield and team colors for this. The checkerboard that has some popularity on this board might be good. Any ideas anyone?

22. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    miami juniors :D

inter de miami

club DA miami

23. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami Fusion gets my vote

Uncle Ed

24. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Miami Fusion trademark has been canceled.

25. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    atletico miami!!!