Alert: Vote for Possible Names for Miami MLS team

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just some name I came up with from the top of my head, if anybody has other ideas, post'em up.

2. loco25

loco25 New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Miami Fusion

3. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn i knew i forgot one, it was a five minute thing, somebody in a another thread was asking for someone to do a poll. but good choice on your part, i like dat name too.

4. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    The Catalan Independentists.

Since la Liga would never go for it.

5. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Miami Fusion part two? :p

I think Barcelona is going to have a part in the name therefore I think it'll go along the lines of FCB Miami. Not my vote, just what I think.

6. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't think so, Cluare is putting in the money for the expansion, looks like to me Barcelona is backing him. And the website has a Name the Team contest, not sying it wont have something along lines of Barca, but!! you never know we could have our own name and colors.....

7. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, unless the contest is a poll with no other options but FCB Miami, Barça USA, Barcelona USA, Barça Miami, and Barceona Miami, does anyone really think any of them would be the name? I just think they would be foolish to name the team something like that. I think the negatives that would come from naming the team "Barça Miami" would vastly outweigh any benefits to FCB from it. Now could they still have Barça colors? Absolutely. I like those colors so I have no problem. But the name will probably, especially considering the contest, not have anything Barcelona related anywhere in it, and if they want to strengthen their chances of winning this bid, they've already assured MLS that it won't. It will be easier for MLS to justify choosing Miami over any of the other cities if the team is not called "Barcelona USA".

8. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami Fusion

9. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also think FCB Miami will be the logical choice, the organization already has a website called www.miamifcb.com, so it's logical they would be heavily leaning towards some variant of FCB Miami or Miami FCB. FC Barcelona is depending on the North American market to promote their brand, so we should fully expect to see their colors and their name on some variation of a MLS Miami club connection.

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cannot believe that MLS and the new Miami ownership will want the Fusion name to return. Besides the fact that there might be some lingering Horrorwitz demands on the copyright, its probably best to start out fresh and new.

11. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami International Football Club is my 1st choice. Miami United is my 2nd choice. Miami Inter reflects what Miami is: a diverse, international city. The 2nd reflects what the Fusion were an attempt at: uniting that incredibly diverse population of the area ("Miami" extends from FL City/Homestead to northern Palm Beach County, IMO).

Nickname them the "Fusion" if desired and/or possible. If not desired or possible then throw it open to the public along with the team's official name.

Team colors from the City of Miami flag: orange, green & white.

Hope the Euroborg Stadion's twin or slightly bigger brother (22,500) is born at the OB site along with enough parking to accommodate the fans in attendance.

12. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This from an article in Miamisoccerfan.com

All im saying a company like Nike would not risk having, thier Barcelona name and thier Barcelona COLORS, in an Adidas League (MLS), giving Adidas profit for thier product of Barcelona.

13. SpaceAddict

SpaceAddict New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The fact that MLS even signed an exclusive deal with Adidas is one of the most absurd things I've heard of... It allows for no creativity, everything looking bland... I liked the fact that the Miami Fusion wore Umbro and were the only team to do so... Oh well...

As long as MLS approves of the Miami/Barcelona/Claure bid (hopefully for 2010) - they could play in tighty whities with a pink hanes wife beater!

14. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jaja True. amen to that!! Well since spaceaddict is a Boca fan what do you think of having Miami with those colors of Blue and yellow? Or even naming the team Barca Juniors?

15. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the Barcelona name and colors in no way belong to Nike. The image of the team is owned 100% by FCB, Nike just happens to have a deal with them to provide the equipment. Nike does make profits off of that image, but they do not own it. That's like assuming because Reebok outfits the entire NFL, that they also own the rights to the images of every team. Nike didn't design Barça's crest or come up with the colors. FCB had many other providers before Nike. I'm sure Barça will be able to use their colors if they want, and even the same crest.

16. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why the hell would fans want Atletico Miami, since Barca will own the team not Atletico Madrid. It shows the knowledge of futbol fans in Miami:D

17. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Do you have a clue of how many teams named Atletico there are? And Atleti and Barca arent even rivals. They both hate Real, so they're sort of like friends.

And its the only name from the list I sort of like.

18. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's stupid naming a club that doesn't have anything to do with Barca. My prediction is Barca USA.

19. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NAME THE TEAM CONTEST ON THE WAY: www.miamifcb.com

Unless the people of South Florida are incredibly stupid, why do you think that would be the name? There is no way the name ends up being anything with "Barcleona" or Barça" in it. If it ends up being that, it means they fixed the contest and they'll look even worse then they already would have by naming the team after themselves.

20. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    So if the name ends up being Miami FC it would be stupid? But wouldn't that be close to FCB?

21. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    It still says Check Back for Details to me

22. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well of course, they probably won't open it until it is announced that we are awarded one of the franchises. However, the simple fact that there will be a name the team contest(if we get the team of course) means that the name will NOT be "Barcelona USA" or "Barça Miami" or what have you, that is unless they are submitted by people from South Florida. Seeing how that is pretty unlikely, the name will probably not have Barcelona anywhere in it.

23. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is it me or are some people here retarded, like this guy!! The world is a humongous place and there are many many many teams in the world with Atletico, and saying we have no knowledge, pobre wevon!! You my friend have no knowledge (note the double quoted area, idiot)

ATLETICO MIAMI BITCH YEAAAAA!!!

24. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Atletico Paranaense for example. The team I follow from Curitiba, Brazil. Just because it has Atletico in the name does not mean Spain. I've always liked Atletico Miami even made a logo over a year ago for it. I don't know if it will happen but it's got my vote.
    [​IMG]

25. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good try! Please make the colors orange, white & green. Change the Name to Miami International. Then add the flamingo that has appeared on other attempts seen on this board - or a palm tree, or both - and I think we'll have a winner...