Visting Seattle / Sounders Game Info Thread

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Yoshou, May 4, 2012.

1. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle
    One more thing: I would avoid going to the ECS-friendly bars (such as fuel and fado's) for your prefunk.

2. davidinpdx

davidinpdx New Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Yeah, I think I'm going to pre-funk at a friend's house. I don't wanna poke the bear(s)

goindownsouth repped this.
  3. therahzee

therahzee Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello :]. I'm going to be visiting Seattle the end of this month for the first time and hoping to catch the Seattle-Portland game! However the friends I am traveling with do not want to go see the game. Would I be okay with going to the game by myself? Or can I be adopted by someone as a friend for the day? Also! Any tips for places to go/see/eat/etc?

4. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Greetings, folks! A former South Carolina native and Charleston Battery (see: Ozzie Alonzo, Lamar Neagle and Mike Azira) supporter here! Granted, having lived in Philly for a number of years, I have seen a lot of BAD MLS product.

We are stoked to be making our first visit to Seattle (well, my second, her first) and HOPEFULLY taking in the Sounders match vs Toronto on September 5. Staying in Beacon Hill will make life easy for us.

I have been scouring StubHub for tickets, of course, but if any of you fine folks would have recommendations on solid sources for a pair of tickets to this one, I am all ears.

Looking forward to taking it all in!

Cheers!

5. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, all. Way, way early, but I am planning a cruise for next year. It departs 91st on June 24th (Juneau, Skagway, Victoria).

I live in San Diego, and have not been since 1991. I have family in Issaquah, WA (an Eastside town. Near 900 and 90 IIRC)

I listen to KEXP online quite a bit online, and they seem to be sponsored by Elysian. From what else is said on this thread, it looks like an OK place. I am not a hipster, but am not anti-hipster, either. I do notice that some folks seem very angry that the place was (if I understand) bought be a mainstream beer company. But I guess the selection is still pretty good? How is the food?

Also, I have never been to an MLS match before (and obviously, I'm not sure it'll work out). Is there light rail right to the stadium?

6. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you try ticketmaster? Looks like there are still decent seats available? That is also where a lot of STH resell their tickets.

7. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Much obliged, @Yoshou ! I was not sure of the etiquette on the board about asking if any STH would be interested in doing a solid or something along those lines.

8. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not from Issaquah. Seattle is pretty far behind on railed mass transit. Our light rail currently only runs from the airport to downtown. Unfortunately the eastside won't get light rail until 2020ish and won't go to Issaquah.

We do have a pretty good bus system, so you might try the King County metro trip planner. http://metro.kingcounty.gov/trip-planner/

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  9. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh. Gotcha. Good luck? We aren't really active on here, but you never know. :)

10. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have sensed that. StubHub may be a possible avenue, too.

Cheers!

11. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm going to be in Seattle for one of your Cascadia matches (v. Vancouver, March 19). Three questions:

1) Once single-game tickets are available through the club/TicketMaster, how difficult are they to get?
    2) What's the club's pricing scheme for seats around the stadium? There are a bunch of tickets listed on StubHub right now, but I can't get any sense of whether they're good deals or not.
    3) I'd be willing to sit in the Hawk's Nest, since I generally prefer that angle while watching a match. I know it's a steep section, which is fine, but are there any drawbacks to being in that area?

Thanks in advance!

12. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on where you want to sit. You shouldn't have any problems getting tickets fairly easily on the primary market in the 300 level. 100 and 200 level are season tickets, so if you want to sit there, you'll have to hit the secondary market.

ArsenalMetro repped this.
  13. greenroom

greenroom BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heading up to see SAFC play S2, but also going to Sounders match vs Montreal on Sat Evening.

Is there a recommendation for a good seafood place, that will not break the bank, that Sounder fans recommend? And is the light rail a good option to get to the stadium? or is it better to drive. Will be staying close to the Sea-Tac Airport.
    Thanks for any information. Looking forward to seeing Seattle and attending the Sounders match.

Also any pregame tailgating or meeting spots for S2 pregame. I posted in USL as well.. but thought would ask here.

14. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not much of a seafood eater, so I can't really answer your seafood restaurant question. I know there is the Ivar's sit down restaurant and Crab Pot down on the waterfront, but it has been ages since I've been to either, so not sure how they are on quality and wallet busting.

Light rail will work for the MLS game, but S2 plays at Starfire and it is quite the hike from a light rail station.

There really isn't a place to tailgate for the S2 game as far as I know. There is a pizza place in the building by the field and I believe that is where ECS hangs out until they march to the match.

greenroom repped this.
  15. JayJrJr

JayJrJr New Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Hey all,
    So I lived in Washington all my life, but have never been to a Sounders game. I bought tickets in section 230 (not sure if they are good seats or not) for the April 30th, 2016 game against Columbus Crew. I was just wondering how early I should show up to the game to find good parking for a reasonable price. And I was wondering if there are any places that you recommend to park at. I'm just mostly worried about not finding a parking spot or having to walk 10 miles just to get to the stadium. Also, I wouldn't mind taking a bus if parking there is THAT bad.
    Thanks!

16. gblfxt

gblfxt Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually get there an hour before and there is plenty of parking.

17. JayJrJr

JayJrJr New Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Does anyone recommend any certain locations to park? As in nearby to the stadium, but not too pricey?

18. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle vs Portland in 2013 got me into MLS. If I believed in God I'd say I was blessed to be there.

Why such an early kick-off on Saturday. Is it to stop everyone from getting drunk and beating the crap out of LA fans? :D

19. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is on ESPN, so I guess they want to see if there is a crossover between Wimbeldon and MLS fans?

20. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Hello,
    Long time Sounders fan since 2009. Looking to make my first trip to Seattle in May for the game against Toronto on the 6th and just had a couple of quick questions. First, what is the weather like in early May cold, rainy ect...? Also how are the seats in the Hawks Nest? Are they worth getting? Looking for some good seats in the mid-price range. Lastly, how early would one have to get to Pioneer Square to be able to get some food before the game. Looking to go to McCoy's Firehouse. Can one get a table or will it be too packed. Tanks for all the help!

21. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never been in Hawk's Nest, so I can't answer that question, but the rest of your questions..

For an early may game, expect rain and temps in the 40s-60s. The Hawk's nest is completely exposed to the weather, so if you get seats there, make sure you have a decent raincoat that is warm. You might consider getting seats in the 300s as those are covered and it's still a good view (some prefer it since you get an "overhead" view of the game), but you'll miss out on that "close-up" action you'd get on the 100-200 level.

Pioneer Square gets packed hours before the game. That's the starting point for the march to the match and the festivities start about 90 minutes before the game and the march itself is 60 minutes before the game. If I remember correctly, McCoy's is the "family friendly" ECS bar, so that will be packed long before the march. If you want to actually get a table, you'll need to be there an hour or two before the march festivities start, or 3-4 hours before kick off. The Toronto game is an early start, which tends to make things a little more subdued, but I wouldn't bet on that to happen if you want to get a bite to eat and to be involved in the march to the match. If you aren't too interested in the march to the match (you should be if you are coming for your first Sounders game), you can try Pyramid Alehouse. It's southwest of CenturyLink, so opposite side of the stadium from Pioneer Square, and is where the casual fans go. As a result, you can get a table 2-3 hours before kick-off instead of 3-4 hours (or more).

22. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  23. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If there was 1 thing to do in Seattle what would it be? Not the Sounders game, because that is a must!

24. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If the weather's clear, take a ferry across the sound and admire the landscape. (Or better yet, if you're flush, take a seaplane from lake union up to the San Juans or Victoria BC and back.)

If the weather's socked-in and grey, find a comfortable bar and work your way through some local beers.

25. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    With a monorail, you think they would be up on rail transport. j/k