Visting Seattle / Sounders Game Info Thread

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Yoshou, May 4, 2012.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot. :) basically every bar in the city will be open and, most likely, packed. The Sounders are doing something, somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

2. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  3. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Yoshou and Terrier for info. I will be at Century Link.

4. The Misanthrope

Aug 8, 2008
    Columbus Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the practices at Starfire open to the public, and if so, is there regular time they are held?

5. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. :) As for start time.. Uh.. This is generally when the people that follow the Sounders start tweeting out quotes from their post-practice interviews...

6. aussie blake

aussie blake Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Simple question from a tourist doing probably his one and only Sounders game this weekend - which of the bars you list is the best pre and post game for atmosphere? Not worried about prices, supporter group politics, etc. just want to know the best place to sing along!

7. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to the Occidental Park area of Pioneer Square. That is where Sounders fans congregate prior to kick off. There are quite a few bars and clubs around Occidental Park and they should all be packed with Sounders fans. ECS is our largest supporters group and they congregate at Fuel, Temple, and McCoys.

terrier repped this.
  8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stupid question but what is joe tv and how do I find it to watch the game tonight. I'm visiting Wenatchee and I'm pretty sure my mls live won't work.

Thanks in advance.

9. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JoeTV is a Seattle channel (channel 10/110) that is a secondary station for Q13, but I'm not sure it is on TV in Wenatchee.. I know a lot of Central Washington cable providers carry both Spokane and Seattle channels, so you might be lucky. Otherwise, you might check Root Sports as they carry Sounders games in Eastern Washington if the Mariners aren't already playing and the Mariner's game for today is already over (day game in Philly).

MLS Live's blackout policy for the Sounders is "Seattle Sounders Q13 FOX, JOEtv broadcast regions, and national TV matches (see above)". You are technically in Q13s broadcast area since Wenatchee's cable provider carries Q13, but you might be outside JoeTVs.

Real Corona repped this.
  10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Found it on my tv here. It's channel 21 I think. Anyway thanks

11. zielojo

zielojo Member

Jun 27, 2006
  12. SteveTHFC

SteveTHFC New Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    My Wife and I are in Seattle for the Vancouver game on Oct 10th, We are big Tottenham Hotspur fans from England and really want to come to the game but don't know which stand to try and get tickets in, we are looking to sit where there's lots of singing and noise so any recommendations would be great; also advice on what are the best bars to go to pre game
    Thanks
    SteveTHFC
    Emerald City Supporter

13. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll want to be in the South End with ECS. The section is largely general admission, so you don't have assigned seating. The section is probably sold out, but you might find tickets on the ticket exchange. You might also try tweeting ECS and see if they have any they could sell you. They are @weareecs on twitter.

Bars.. Hit Fuel pregame. That is one if ECS's bars. :)

14. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    From his posts over on the ECS forum, looks like he's already got GA tickets. Fuel can get uncomfortably packed; Temple Billiards or McCoy's Firehouse are reasonable alternatives.

Yoshou repped this.
  15. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle
  16. elhula

elhula Member

Apr 18, 2007
    san jose
    Sorry if some of these questions have been answered already. Flying in this Friday for the game and was wondering do you recommend a rental car if I am staying downtown at the Homewood suites. Second is there public transportation from downtown to somewhere walking distance to century link. Fully excepting my Quakes to get hammered but looking forward to seeing your home crowd in person. Thanks for you help.

17. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If all you are doing is going to the game, then you should not require a rental car. There is a light rail line that runs from the airport to downtown and once you are downtown pretty much everything is either walkable, or a short bus ride away.

As for a bus from your hotel to CenturyLink.. It's "only" a couple mile walk, so if you are up to it, you could definitely walk there. Otherwise, there are a ton of buses that are a short walk then ride away. King County Metro has a really good trip planner that you can use and it will overwhelm you with options since pretty much every bus that heads south from downtown goes pass CenturyLink.

http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/hiwire?.a=iTripPlanning

18. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle
    Only rent a car if you're here for more than just the weekend and want to check out mt.ranier or some of the other natural awesomeness outside of the city.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  19. elhula

elhula Member

Apr 18, 2007
    san jose
    Here for two days to watch my Quakes get hammered, my wife wants to take the ferry to Bainbridge Island is it worth taking a ferry trip out there.

20. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle
    The ferries are a great way to "see the sound" on a nice day, but keep in mind it's forecasted to rain this weekend. Also, if a nice view of the city and surrounding areas is what she's going for, you could ride a duck into lake union.

21. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The small town of Winslow is basically just outside the ferry terminal if the weather is decent it is a nice little town to stroll through with a couple of shops that I find particularly appealing. If you are driving aboard then the town of Poulsbo is a 20-25 minute drive from the terminal. This is another nice little town to stroll through (the old town anyway). If your plan is to just ride the boat one way and back then the Bainbridge boat is good for that because it is just 35 minutes each way. Here is a link to the schedule page.

22. davidinpdx

davidinpdx New Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    I'm not sure what kind of replies to expect, but I'll be visiting Seattle (my hometown) for the Sounders vs. Timbers game and am sitting in the Hawk's Nest. I don't mind standing the whole game and actually prefer it, but here's the issue: I've lived in Portland for many years and am a Timbers fan, and I just want to make sure I'm not sitting in a hot zone (like 120-123). I realize there will be animosity, but I'm hoping for an awesome experience. Hats off to Seattle for always making game days an awesome experience.

23. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    You'll be fine as long as you're not a knucklehead and can laugh off the modest ration of shit you'll get. There are plenty of Timbers fans all over the stadium for those matches (except, as you mention, in the "Brougham End.")

24. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle
    David, you chose..................poorly.

Now that I've got that out of the way, if you're wearing timbers colors then expect some heckling, but it should all be in good fun. Heckle back if you like, but ignore drunk assholes because there's always a few. The general rule I've come to find is that the level of support is highest in the south end (or "brougham end" as we call it) and supporters get less and less intense the farther north you get. The Hawk's nest is the northern-most point in the stadium so don't be surprised if those around you aren't standing for the match. It's possible that if you're more vocal than the home fans around you that security may opt to move you to the away support section (I'm assuming you're going with family or someone else who is a sounders fan otherwise you would have opted for the away section anyway?).

Anyway, have fun at the game and enjoy watching your eternally disappointing franchise.

25. davidinpdx

davidinpdx New Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Thanks for the advice. I expect a good amount of heckling and can handle it. I'll be with other Timbers fans, and a friend who moved up to Seattle - not sure where his loyalty lies. I doubt that I'll be more vocal than the home fans, but I will modestly celebrate when we score a goal.

I will enjoy watching our eternally disappointing franchise - the same franchise that knocked the Sounders out of the playoffs a couple years ago (but has lost more other games, I know, I know). It should be a good match!