Viola Youth Thread

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by NickyViola, Apr 27, 2008.

1. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I'm sure that those of you that 'know' me knew that this was coming at some point.... Fiorentina's Primavera side is playing this season in Girone B. Saturday's 4-2 win over Albinoleffe left the top of the table looking like this...

1___58___Udinese
    2___52___Chievo
    3___51___Fiorentina
    3___51___Inter
    5___48___AC Milan
    6___44___Atalanta

We were leading Saturday's match 3-0 after 22 minutes but Ondrej Mazuch, our highly-touted Czech central defender, was expelled and Albinoleffe got back into the match.

Fiorentina-Albinoleffe 4-2

Goals:
    • 8' Lepiller (PK)
    • 24' Di Carmine
    • 43' Lepiller
    • 48' Gualdi
    • 70' Pasciuti
    • 93' Lepri
    Fiorentina: Pazzagli, Da Costa, Bettoni, Mazuch, Tagliani, Romizi, Casoli, Diakhate, Hable, Lepiller (Lepri), Di Carmine.

Bench - Seculin, Aya, Cardinali, Nocciolini, Costa, Lepri, Fedi
    Coach - Bollini

Albinoleffe:Speroni, Salvi, Di Lisio, Fiorentini, Natali, Maino, Gherardi, Gualdi, Ghezzi, Geroni, Pasciuti.

Bench - Bugno, Pianetti, Pleszkan, Bianchetti, Mondini
    Coach - Madonna

Red Cards: Mazuch e Geroni
    Referee: Pecorelli (Arezzo)

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    More good news for the Viola vivaio (thanks falvo! ;)).

Our Giovanissimi (Born 93 or later) have won the prestigious Una Valle di Sport Tournament by drawing Juventus 0-0 and defeating Roma 1-0 in the final 3-way (No trannies involved though, to my knowledge, so all you Ronaldo fans don't need to be getting all giddy) of the tournament. ACF Fiorentina has made the youth sector a huge priority since Corvino (my idol) arrived and we are really enjoying considerable successes at all levels right now. As a matter of fact, Corvino holds three positions within the society...

• Direttore Sportivo
    • Responsabile Area Tecnica
    • Responsabile Settore Giovanile

3. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I'd rep you for this post and your last but it says I need to spread some around first.

5. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks, man.

You really are spot on about Corvino though. This man has done a LOT in a short time to improve this club the right way. I hope he stays with us for a good long time. As an aside, that might involve him getting into better shape though - he worries me with his ample gut.

6. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I can understand the worry. Especially as he seems to have a very hectic lifestyle. He is always off on trips to scout players and form relationships with clubs all over the world. He's our Macchiavelli.

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Torricelli's boys bring some small amount of joy to the Viola camp.

His Esordienti Regionali side (class of 95) has won its first two matches at the Città di Abano Terme Tournament in the Veneto. The tournament concludes May 4th.

• 3-2 over Lokomotiv Moscow with our goals coming from Filippo Bandinelli, Marco Pacini and Saverio Madrigali.
    • 3-0 over Abano Terme (I have no clue what colors they wear so I am just using the generic red. Yeah, I know the hundreds of people reading this are probably disappointed...) with the goals coming via Filippo Bandinelli, Lorenzo Venuti and Mattia Statella.
    [​IMG]

8. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Forza ragazzini!

9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Tomorrow the Fiorentina Primavera squad travel to Trieste to play last-place Triestina. They don't look like much. That keeper looks really, really tall, however.

[​IMG]

10. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The range in physical development is staggering. Some kids look ready for the full squad, others look like 8 year-olds.

11. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Agreed. And some of those guys in the middle row look like they have already hung up their cleats... ;)

12. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Non sono i polli primaveri, questi anziani!

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Who are you and what have you done with THIS GUY?

BTW: Thanks for the PMs.

14. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've been working hard on my Italian, taking classes, reading, etc.....but I have a LONG way to go. Reading is getting somewhat better though I have difficulty comprehending who the subject of sentences is, or who is performing the action in verbs (because the "io, tu, lui/lei etc are inferred many times). Listening comprehension is getting better. Writing, if I have time is getting better.

Still, I struggle like hell trying to come up with stuff for speaking. Thanks for the compliment though!

15. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Bollini's Primavera steamrolled Triestina 0-4 today with a brace for Di Carmine and a goal each for Diakhite and Nocciolini.

Fiorentina: Pazzagli, Fedi, Bettoni, Aya, Da Costa, Zapppacosta, Diakhate, Hable, Di Carmine, Casoli, Lepiller (Nocciolini) ( Seculin, Tafi, Taddei, Koffi, Romizi, Lepri, Nocciolini )

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    The draws have been made for the Primavera, Allievi Nazionali and Giovanissimi Nazionali sides' post-season tournaments.

Primavera - Round of 16 first opponent is Lazio. First match in Roma this Saturday, May 10. Return leg in Firenze the following Saturday (May 17).

Allievi Nazionali
    will open on the road at Foligno.

Giovanissimi Nazionali will open on the road at Spezia.

17. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Our Primavera drew 1-1 at Lazio in the first leg. Di Carmine scored our goal in the first half and Lazio equalized in the 70th minute. Our starters, with the year they were born...

1 PAZZAGLI 89
    2 TAGLIANI 89
    3 CARDINALI 90
    4 MAZUCH 89
    5 AYA 90
    6 ROMIZI 90
    7 DIAKHATE 89
    8 HABLE 89
    9 DI CARMINE 88
    10 CASOLI 88
    11 LEPILLER 88

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    A good step, I believe.

ACF: Ottavi di Finale Primavera, Fiorentina-Lazio gratis per gli under 14
    12/05/2008

Si gioca sabato pomeriggio alle 15 al Poggioloni delle Caldine l'incontro di ritorno degli Ottavi di Finale del Campionato Primavera. Dopo l'ottimo pareggio per 1-1 a Roma contro la Lazio i ragazzi di Bollini si giocano l'accesso alla fase finale per il Tricolore di categoria.

La Fiorentina, per concedere ai tifosi più giovani l'occasione di vivere da vicino la sfida dei campioni viola del futuro, ha deciso di concedere l'ingresso gratuito per tutti i minori di 14 anni alla gara di sabato pomeriggio.

Fonte: ACF Fiorentina

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Fiorentina Primavera defeated Lazio Primavera 2-0 today despite being down to 10 men for most of the match. So we win by a 3-2 aggregate and advance to the final 8.

Fiorentina-Lazio 2-1
    Goal: 21'pt Alex, 4'st Luciani,28'st Lepiller
    Fiorentina: Pazzagli, Tagliani, Bettoni, Mazuch, Aya, Romizi, Alex, Diakhate, Di Carmine, Hable, Lepiller. All. Bollini (Seculin, Fedi, Cardinali, Zappacosta, Lepri, Nocciolini, Casoli)
    Lazio: Iannarilli, Faraoni, Tuia, Corvesi, Luciani, Sperati, Troisi, Cinelli, Mendcino, Capogna, Mancini (23'st Ricci). All. Sesena (De Angelis, Pisadimonterosa, Perpetuini, Casini, Ricci, Capolei, Costantini).
    Espulso: Bettoni 35'pt

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Primavera, Allievi e Giovanissimi: la Fiorentina continua la corsa verso il tricolore di categoria in tutte e tre le competizioni, unica in Italia insieme a Inter e Juventus. Un traguardo prestigioso per il Settore Giovanile viola che può fare la sua corsa su tutti e tre i fronti.La Primavera di Bollini sarà impegnata dal 2 al 9 giugno nella fase finale del campionato a Chieti, mentre Allievi Nazionali e Giovanissimi Nazionali se la vedranno in un confronto incrociato con il Parma. Domenica mattina alle 10.30 gara di andata per gli Allievi Nazionali al Poggioloni delle Caldine. Ingresso gratuito per gli Under 14.

21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    The draw for the Primavera has been held and we will be playing Juventus in the quarterfinal June 3.

22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Here is the calendar for the final phase of the Primavera Championship.

Quarterfinals

Monday June 2, 2008

Ascoli – Inter
    Campo Comunale di Ortona
    time 12.00

Genoa – Udinese
    Stadio Comunale Aragona di Vasto
    time 20.00

Tuesday June 3, 2008

Sampdoria - Chievo
    Campo Comunale di Ortona
    time 12.00

Fiorentina – Juventus
    Stadio Comunale Aragona di Vasto
    time 20.00

Semifinals

Wednesday June 4, 2008

Thursday June 5, 2008

Final

Sunday June 8, 2008

23. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for keeping us updated on this. My schedule has been killer lately, so I've been lacking the time to mentally translate or even find this stuff.

24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    No sweat. I just wish info and especially video was easier to come by.

The coach of Juventus Primavera, Vincenzo Chiarenza, talked about our boys leading up to the quarterfinal match. He said that Di Carmine and Lepiller are both fast, solid attackers and benefit from fine service. He commented that we have a slow defense and he said that having Mazuch and Hable on the team, being senior squad members (my note: in name only), could be a double-edged sword. While they are very capable he wonders if they will be motivated at this level.

Sulle colonne di Tuttosport, il tecnico della Juventus Primavera, Chiarenza, parla dell'imminente sfida ai quarti contro la Fiorentina. "Di Carmine e Lepiller sono due buoni attaccanti, veloci, assistiti da una squadra che gioca bene ed è anche esperta, avendo in rosa molti '89, in difesa però non sono molto veloci. Mazuch e Hable? La presenza di giocatori della prima squadra può essere un'arma a doppio taglio per le motivazioni, anche se con loro è indubbio che i viola saranno più competitivi".

25. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    3 of the 4 semifinalists are decided.

Inter
    -----------Inter
    Ascoli

Udinese
    -----------Udinese