Villarreal (r) Moves and News

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by in da soup, Nov 23, 2005.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] Otra baja para Russo: Somoza, a Villarreal

A los 24 años seguirá su carrera en el equipo en el que juegan Riquelme y Sorin, entre otros argentinos. Firmará un contrato por cinco temporadas.

Link To Original Article

2. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Ayala has asked Valencia to be transferred to Villarreal. His problems started when he was about to renew his contract for 2 more years for the same $$ that he was making, but the new Sports Director, ex-player Carboni, pointed to a new policy in the club to pay less to players that are over 32. Ayala is 33, and his rep said that Ayala won't renew with Valencia.

Now, Valencia can keep him this year, Ayala's last year of contract, but will have to let him go as a free agent next June ... or make some $$ off him now.

The pairing of Ayala and Gonzalo would be amazing, plus the learning process for Gonzalo would be huge ... thinking of the NT.

From Ole

3. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

Excellent find, thanks.

Are you aware of the upcoming friendly between River and Villarreal?

Also a brief report of Roman's reaction in regards to Sorin possibly leaving.
    ROman upset over Sorin Exit.

4. cabanes

cabanes New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    world citizen
    I recall reading about that. What is the date of the match?

5. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    The only place I can find it is on www.soccertravel.com they are listing packages available for the match on August 19th. in Vila-real.

The Villarreal website's agenda only goes up to the 12th.

6. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I heard on La Red a few days ago that River would postpone their Apertura game that weekend to play the friendly. If I'm not mistaken, the game that would be postponed is against Newells.

8. Xyrus

Xyrus New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    New Jersey, USA
    There's no official confirmation yet, but rest assured, we are gonna play those gallinas off the park. :D

9. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    What a terrible weekend for Villarreal. First, it was known that Gonzalo Rodriguez broke his ligaments ... and today it is confirmed that Pires suffered the same injury. :eek:

Both will miss most of the season. From AS-Madrid

10. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    I know. I really wished they were never invited to play the Tropheo Carranza.

Roig was quoted as saying Villarreal will be in the market for replacements before the window shuts but how are they going to even partially replace them?

11. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Most probably they will hold on to Senna and Sorin. It would be cheaper and neither would need time to adapt.

12. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Both Senna and Sorin are different players than Gonzalo and Pires, so i think the replacement, specially for Gonzalo is very necessary.

13. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Agreed. Also Sorin is being looked at now by Bordeaux and Pellegrini has stated Sorin will not play this season.

ON a brighter note.

Roman scores on freekick in the Tropheo Carranza

14. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    It seems that both teams played badly (r. madrid & Villareal), is that so?

15. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    that's right but Villarreal have Riquelme and Real Madrid don't have any players like Riquelme. that is the reason for Villarreal winning the game. I am surprised though RM has not bought any quality playmaker.

16. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River tied against Newells 3-3 so it is not that game that gets postponed. I don't think the friendly is happening, havent' heard anything in Argentina media. Would River be receiving any money from the friendly? (We need it)

17. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Villarreal have signed 29 year old Argentine defender Fabrizio Fuentes from Atlas. THe ex-Newell's and Velez is also part of the NT that will play against Brazil this Sunday.

Seems that Valencia wouldn't want to sell Ayala to Villa ... reason of the move.

18. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Villarreal, Training Camp for Argentina since 2003.:D

Fuentes, Ayala, Arrubarrena and Javi Venta would have been incredible, but, at least all is not lost.

19. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ayala is staying in Valencia after all, him and Soler are now getting along after all the soap opera.
    Also Juampi Sorin is now a Hamburgo player. Fuentes by the way is a very good CB.

20. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Yeah after all that fuss Ayala is staying:confused:
    Sorin was sold for 3mil, I was hoping they would get more but something was up between Pellegrini and him and I guess thye both wanted out before no one was left to offer Sorin what he wanted.

Funetes, I have been told he is very good and I look forward to watching him this Sunday. he is to meet up with Villarreal immediately following the friendly so he should be in the lineup(I would think) come next weekend.

21. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    To complete the defense after Gonzalo's injury and Ayala not coming, and adding to Fuentes' signing, Villarreal have confirmed the signing of French player, Cygan, from Arsenal for 2 mill Lbs.

Good move, as Cygan didn't finish to adapt to the EPL but will have a better chance of developing himself in La Liga.

22. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    he was absolutely dreadful in england but i hope ur right.

23. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
    why would Sorin go to hamburg?

24. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Pellegrini wasn't going to play him not matter what so I am guessing that Hamburg was offering the best deal. The Bunglesliga is all the sudden quite filled with Argentinians.

25. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    im kinda sad that villarreal let juanpi go:confused: he was great for them, but w/e.....

yea, fabricio fuentes is a great signing. he was the captain at Atlas, is very tall, has presense and rarely makes mistakes. he was the cannavaro of the MFL.