VIKTORIA PLZEN vs REAL MADRID | UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE | 07.11.2018 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Nov 6, 2018.

1. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Early days and all that, but JL would've still played Nacho at LB, Lucas at RB, not giving a minute to Vin, Reguillon etc. while these three changes alone has changed so much about the outlook of the team, he really had lost the plot.

S1na, Eddie, Nathanial Essex and 5 others repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Seriously impressed with the two full backs. Hungry and effective on both ends. At the very least, it should fire a light under the starters' asses. I personally think Ordiozolla should be the starter, he has a great engine, and is great defensively.

The midfield was really good today. Solari plays a double pivot with the third midfielder really close, which is a big adjustment from JL. The RW/LW players are also dropping back defensively and helping out. Bale to me is still non existent. When Vincius comes on, you see how much more dangerous the team becomes with our direct play. .

Also, a small point, I have a soft spot for Javi Sanchez. He seems like he has a future with the big club, or at least a first division club.

Lyra, CivilProtection, Eddie and 4 others repped this.
  3. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    I don't think it would be wise to give Solari the job based on Melilla, Valladolid and Plzen.

It looks like he's going to get the job at least to the end of the year. I feel defensively we are an absolute shambles. A decent team would have scored 5 today. I didn't like the team at all today despite the result.

4. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Jeremy stop !

S1na repped this.
  5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We played well... that is why they only got 11 attempts.

6. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have lost all season against similar opponents to the latter two. No one is giving Solari anything based on three games, the market is simply non-existent re managers. Why not give Solari until the end of the season, if there are no realistic alternatives? Do you have a suggestion?

7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Finally got to watch the game, ok performance, defending still a bit of a shambles, but the opposition’s was far worse, happy for the win, the points and the clean sheet, hopefully the goals and the win builds more confidence, finally Lucas, works hard, get’s himself into great positions and still making unbelievably rubbish final decisions over and over again, a player that won me over but absolutely not in good form at the minute, no one particularly outstanding IMO, just a good team win against opponents we should win against

Zidane05 repped this.
  8. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    To me when a team like Real Madrid has to start Lucas , it says a lot about the rest of the team. He is a Villareal player at best. Times have changed.

madridlover123 repped this.
  9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Watched the replay again. I agree with the commentators. There's absolutely no reason why Ramos elbow should be anywhere near that guy's face running across him
    That's very lucky cause the moment a red spots it, it's a sending off.

10. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tiki taka isn't dead, but pointless possession gameplay comprising of sideways passing is. Both Man city and Barça are still playing purest form of tikitaka out there and are crushing the opponents. Barça scored one of the goals in clasíco that had >30 passes and involved touch by each of the outfield player. That's tikitaka. What JL made us to believe was something else.
    Or we could just wait patiently to see how this team performs against some quality opponents instead of forming opinions based on lucky wins against Mellila Plzen or Valladolid. Don't take it in wrong sense but Plzen were extremely shit TBH.

fierro, Digital, leadleader and 3 others repped this.
  11. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It may be a red card scenario but discussing it again, 15 minutes later, when we just scored our third is ridiculous.

12. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He was being discussed here after his good pre season. There were doubts about his aggression in defence and violent tackles.

Eddie repped this.
  13. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Damn, should've placed a bet. :)

Lyra, Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True, he looks ok, not outstanding to me, but better than Theo, let’s see how he progresses

S1na repped this.