Viktor Skripnik promoted: Beginning of new era at Werder Bremen

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by Epitome990, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.kreiszeitung.de/werder-bremen/sunderland-west-ham-werder-5031733.html

Werder's success this season is being recognized very quickly, and not only for our players. Reports are mentioning a couple English clubs have Skripnik on their coaching wish list. Sunderland are considering him as a replacement for Advocaat if he leaves this summer. Likewise West Ham have him as a possible successor to Allardyce. So far, Eichin has dismissed both these rumors.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    10,000 Werder fans are travelling to the Signal Iduna Park for final match of the season against Dortmund.

[​IMG]

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  3. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Does not look to good for our green-whites at Dortmund, 2-0 behind already. :(

But I have good news from the reserve, they won 2-0 at Cloppenburg, both goals by 18 years old Enis Bytiqi
    and are champions of RL Nord. They will face the reserve of Mönchengladbach in the promotion play-offs for 3.Liga.

Epitome990 repped this.
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    A couple of avoidable turnovers proved costly and gave Dortmund the early lead. Still proud of the boys today, fought back and made it a close finish. Oztunali showed quality on his goal, hope to see more of that next season. Junuzovic is easily the MVP, but he needs added support. Need more youngsters to set up. Nice to see Lorenzen and Busch get another chance after returning from injuries. Overall, this has been an exciting campaign. Unpredictable at certain points but kept things interesting throughout. Great to hear from the reserves. Cheers!

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #155 Epitome990, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Tough luck for Freiburg. Conceded an own goal which turned out to be the difference maker. Joker Petersen scored another one but it was too late at that point. I think Streich got his tactics and line up wrong, should have played him from the start. Especially with the roll he's been on.

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    All 50 goals from Werder Bremen's 14/15 season

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  8. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not sure in which thread to address this but anyway...traditionally Werder Bremen shined brightest with a stong manager alongside an equally strong coach. After some doubts about his ability to adapt to the world of football Thomas Eichin has imo done a good job at stabilizing the club. For me it seems only logical to continue this path with him and Skripnik in the lead. Months ago, first reports emerged about Werder's very low extension offer which was immediately rejected by Eichin. Now Bild reports that a second offer was still far below common market evaluations.

Are certain people in the supervisory board unhappy with Eichin and want him gone? Am I overstating his achievements? What if somebody like Kind in Hannover looks at this situation and tries to lure Eichin away? What's Werder's long-term plan in all of this? Or is there simply no money available?

I would appreciate if you guys could make some sense of this.

9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    We have no money and some members of the advisory board don't want to give Eichin's too much power.

10. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sounds depressing. :(

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  14. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Skripnik is massively under pressure after the derby defeat. This was the 5th home defeat in a row.
    But to be honest I don't see a coach currently on the market that can turn it around. :(

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    IMO, we should give him the rest of the Hinrunde and then evaluate where we stand during the winter break. Ideally, I hope the team can turn things around and Skripnik stays as head coach. He's a likeable figure and has proven to be able to achieve results before. The final 3 BL matches of the first round are against Stuttgart, Köln, and Frankfurt. All 3 opponents are also struggling right now, so a victory is within reach. I think we have about a 50% chance at winning each of them, but it could really go either way. A realistic target would be getting at least 1 win and 1 draw out of those fixtures. We need as many points as possible. There's also that Cup match versus Gladbach on Dec 15. Not overly optimistic at this point, but as always anything can happen. Hope to recover some form by then.

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  18. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Newspapers report about Skripnik staying until end of season, then new coach takes over.
    Candidates: Lieberknecht (Braunschweig), Gisdol (without club, former Hoffenheim).

19. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Not that Werder is going to get Lieberknecht, though.

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I'm just glad Jens Keller is not in the running. He's going to Union Berlin instead.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen