Viktor Skripnik promoted: Beginning of new era at Werder Bremen

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by Epitome990, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #1 Epitome990, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Some positive changes made already by Skripnik to spark the team in preparation for the Pokal match versus Chemnitzer.

Elia and Makiadi have been dropped from the squad. Good move here, both players been struggling badly and we need to shake things up.

Obraniak returns. Aycicek, one of Skripnik's top players in the reserves also has a great chance now to make an impact with the pros.

2. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Need a good showing here today and absolutely have to get a win to boost confidence. Glad to see Obraniak back in the lineup as he has been such a disappointment so far and hopefully feels that he has alot to prove. Hajrovic and Junuzovic were pretty good in the loss to Koeln. Bartels was woeful in my opinion. Also hoping to see a spark from Aycicek today, probably as a sub. Lets see what happens!

Epitome990 repped this.
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    WERDER SIEG!! :D:D:D

Well done today. A bit rough at the start, but everything came together as the game progressed. 3 very important points, hopefully this ignites the season turnaround. Great game by Di Santo. Felix Kroos back in the starting lineup has also made a difference. Let's continue to build on this performance.

4. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Finally Galvez is fielded as CB, this guy even said in interviews that it is his favorite position.
    Good start for our new coach Viktory Skripnik.

Epitome990 repped this.
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Halftime leading 1-0 on Stuttgart. Prödl with the goal off a corner set piece. Junuzovic is the heart of the team, leading the team in each forward charge attack. Impressed by Bartels' work rate, good tracking back and prompt tackling. Wolf making clutch saves to keep us ahead. However, Elia being Elia and wasteful with the chances. Should have been 2-0 already. Selassie needs to stand his ground better, would have been a scoring chance if he won that duel in the box. Fritz shouldn't even be playing anymore.

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Stunning finish by Bartels!! Perfectly spotted by Junuzovic setting that up on another corner.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  9. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Four games, four wins in a row. Let's keep this rolling in the derby next week! :D

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Nice to see Skripnik changing things up and going with youth this week versus Paderborn. Selke and Aycicek will be interesting to watch together. Sternberg rewarded for his strong play with the reserves and makes his debut. Luca Zander and Maxi Eggestein also promoted in the squad and will be options on the bench.

Starting XI: Wolf - Gebre Selassie , Prödl , Galvez , Sternberg - F. Kroos - Bartels , Junuzovic - Aycicek - Selke , Hajrovic

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Active start by Selke in opening minute. Guides a build up play towards the wing and fights for the incoming cross with an aerial header. Then nearly has another near chance in the box. Good move to find space past the defender but shot saved going for the far corner. Hajrovic had a good opportunity on the counter attack. Should have continued his forward charge 1-vs-1 on his opponent instead of that wayward diagonal cross. Sternberg has looked steady, being pressured on the ball but he remains composure.

Traumtorrrrr Junuzovic!!

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I'm enjoying the fun passing displays in this match. Much improved. Selke needs work on his finishing though.

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Well done Selke! Much deserved goal for getting in good positioning again to convert. The physicality on the duel to draw in their keeper, also created the opening on the third goal. Sternburg continues to impress. That was a rocket of shot.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Youth movement on fire today. Aycicek scores to make it 4-0 Werder. Set up nicely by Selke with the touch control pass. Maxi Eggestein making his debut as well now.

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I feared the worst after Di Santos injury, but the team and especially the youngsters showed a great performance today. :)

Epitome990 repped this.
  16. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a difference that a positive strategy can make. Today is going to be another big test. We give Schaaf a visit at his new club. Frankfurt's currently in good form coming off consecutive wins.

17. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Sounds strange after a 2-5 defeat, but the referee made us loose today.
    I hope Prödl and Wolf get well soon. :(

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    This one stings. I could definitely sense the ref bias early, which really swayed the momentum of the game against us. Also unfortunate that Juno and Kroos' shots that hit the post. While Frankfurt got lucky with couple goals off post rebounds.

19. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    I'm sure you allready sensed that bias when he didn't give that clear penalty for Seferovic in the 19th minute, right?
    That kind of stuff can really sway a momentum against you easily... :D

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Overall, it was a poorly officiated match. My reaction was also in part caused by the prevalence of Werder games that have been influenced by sketchy ref decisions. Something we've seen a lot in recent years.

But after digressing, it was a deserved victory for Frankfurt. Injuries affected us and defense was then overwhelmed in the later stages. Good to see Stendera developing well, that goal was a beauty.

21. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    #21 "Eisenfuß" Eilts, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    Yeah, that was a clear penalty. The missing offside call at your 1-0 evened this decision out (was even harder, because a penalty still needs to be scored). Seferovic foul at the 2-1 was clear. Our goalie acted a bit clumsy, but Seferovic slides with his nee into Wolf and while Wolf was crawling on the ground due to pain Seferovic kicked the ball into the net. Additionally our goalie was injured and that costed Skripnik a substitution.

I don't say Frankfurt does not deserve the points, contrary I admit Eintracht were the better team. I just said that the momentum of the match went against us and the referee played a role in it. I can agree on that his officiating was bad for both teams, but I felt like he had a bias against us. ;)

P.S. 1: Prödl is out for approximately 8 weeks, goalie Wolf should be back earlier.
    P.S. 2: Kicker states the 2-1 was regular. Sure, referees should be protected, but I can't follow the reasoning of the Werder haters, who call themselves journalists. Sure, the ball was free, but Seferovic slided with his knee into our goalie and at least half a second later he shots the ball into goal. That is a clear foul. That kicker states otherwise shows me that they have no clue of football.

22. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Well, Sky also stated otherwise. And alltough my first thought in the stadium was that we got lucky on that one, when I watch the replay I tend to agree with them. Seferovic just got there first and can hardly dissappear. he didnt slide. he is upright with almost no momentum and his foot is on the ball. Imo its really just bad goalkeeping on Wolf more then anything else. It is his right to go for that ball within the 5m-Box without being attacked, but if he doesnt go for it in time, then its Seferovics right to get there first. To be honest I think a keeper with a presence like Kahn would have sent Seferovic flying somewhere under the roof, and that would have been ok... ;) If you dont do that tough, you cant really complain afterwards.

When you watch that replay linked above you will also see that there was no clear offside at the 1-0. It could or could not have been a few centimeters offside. But if sky doesnt manage to clear that up in a replay, its hardly a clear decission...

I agree that it was en even game in the beginning and the injuries / unlucky situations kind of helped to take Werder out of the game. But in the second halftme this one was way too clear to blame it on the referee.

PS: All Fans think that their club is too often "influenced by sketchy ref decisions" ;)

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Leveled 1-1 at the half vs Hannover. TGS tested Zieler in opening minutes with a good chance that required a leaping save. A little sloppy defensively at the beginning. Inability to clear conceded the first goal. But afterwards, play was much more composed. Strebinger also made some key saves. Juno's free kicks are deadly again, what a strike that was. He was unlucky earlier with one that struck the post. Our build up and pressure looked good towards the end. Very encouraging to see.

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Great goal by Lorenzen, but I felt it was awkward timing for the substitution right after he scored. Kind of took away the impact afterwards. Also we got to find a way to defend set pieces better. That's killing us.

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Davie Selke equalizes, very very important goal. Would have liked to see us take another home victory but a draw is fair result against tough opponents today.