(Viertelfinale) Frankreich - Deutschland

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Cuppo, Jun 30, 2014.

1. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    The English media say he might never dive again. :p

On a more serious note, hope the dude is alright. As much as I despise him for his diving and flying at the nearest contact, hope he recovers well, never want an injury to anyone, no matter if its my team or my enemy's, would be awful to see his career be affected by something like that.

2. biohazard

biohazard Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hay guys, was so ********ing out of my mind when i found out i couldn't watch the show. i was able to watch the game for 30 mins, then went to a friends place to watch the game, but he hadn't set it up, so we fked with the setup for like 50~mins! YEAH I KNOW, i was so pissed off and finally i saw the last 10 mins and we managed to hold. I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW HAPPY I AM. HUMMELS <3. Germany in the semis, this is ********ing insane, we must crush Brazil, we will crush Brazil, because we are ********ing Germany. Im so ********ing wasted right now and i don't care, i love u all and our Nationalmannschaft!!! LOS DEUTSCHLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOREVER AN EVER

Minttunator and Crisstti repped this.
  3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The fact that Brazil players were kicking the shit out of everyone and no cards were given played a role in Neymar getting injured. By then...it was open season.

Vlad S., Minttunator, LoewenBoy and 3 others repped this.
  4. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like MS hooked him up.

5. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We're not the NSA. Well, SirManc may be;)

Anyway, back to the match. Finally, Loew got the lineup right but he has injury to thank for that. Lahm much better at right back and Schweini back with his buddy Khedira. FTW! That said, die Mannschaft blew more opportunities to score than a guy in whorehouse with a bag of cash. Unbelievably poor. Fortunately, Germany had two advantages today - France can't finish either and Mats Hummels. People talk about Mueller and Neuer bossing the WM, but really the guy who is bossing it even more is Hummels. Not only does he score on a CK, he stops everything thrown his way. What a fantastic performance! Hummels is turning into world class before our eyes.

At the other end, we have Oezil who has become Scheissklasse. Turns the ball over at every chance and fades poorly. Will be hard to win the WM with him in the middle. We need another player who can step up and I thought Schuerrle was that guy but after today, I'm not so sure. And it's not Goetze either. This needs to be solved.

Yeah, I know, too late again to start the next match thread. When will I learn to whip out my Iphone the second the match ends and start typing with my bier-soaked thumbs while all my Spezis high-five everybody, prosting everything in sight and do victory dances? :rolleyes:

6. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Nope, just as soon as we know who are opponents are. :p

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Lol...exactly what I said on the last page. ;)

Cris 09 repped this.
  8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was the refs fault who is an UEFA CL ref. A disgrace.

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The circumstances in Brazil are not for players like Özil. The refs dont protect them of the physical play, the climate etc...

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could've used a less appropriate Eiffel Tower picture with the Germans ;)

LoewenBoy repped this.
  13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Wrong type of Effel Tower pic....half credit. ;)

14. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just rewatched the match, and it's quite obvious how absolutely vital Mats Hummels is to this team. Made so many crucial interceptions, and obviously that goal was incredible. And I know how much we love to shit on Howedes here, but I actually thought he had a good match against the French, the best of his tournament, for sure. At this point, I'm just going to hope that the defense will be solid, because these are all fairly capable guys - capable of doing well and capable of fcking up.

It's really the toothlessness of the offense that's worrying me. A 1-0 is fine if the match calls for it, but Germany should have converted a couple more of those chances. I need more ruthless goalscoring, but overall, I thought it looked like an assured, confident performance. Certainly the most confident Germany has looked since Portugal.

Dage, chewz and LoewenBoy repped this.
  15. DeutscheFussballFan

Oct 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Credit where it's due!!!!

Gotta give props to Jogi for fielding a lineup that gets the best of the players and allows them to help one another. Lahm RB, Boa instead of Merte, and Hummels in central defense, that was nice Jogi. Schweini and Sami need to play close to each other since neither of them are 100%. The only problem/issue is with Mesut. You can tell his form stinks, therefore I would have played Götze in his place. Remember, last time we beat Brazil, Mario Götze was running circles around them although it was a friendly and the circumstances are different. Maybe Götze is predestined to be their cryptonite....

I repeat again, gotta give credit to Jogi for fixing the broken parts. Whether he maintains the logic, remains to be seen.

16. Minttunator

Minttunator Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree about Özil, but Götze has also been pretty horrible in this tournament, though... :unsure:

17. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    draxler its then

18. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Actually, I wouldn't be opposed to that...

19. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've been one of the big Özil supporters here, but something is just off with him. I almost feel like he doesn't enjoy playing anymore. He needs to take some time off. I'd go with Götze and hope he finds his old form.

20. Guevara

Guevara Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Aix-en-provence
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not sure the semifinals of the World Cup is the time to play that game.

21. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I say play Grosskreutz instead of Mesut ozil, then you don't have to worry about any laziness.

Psychosis hsv repped this.
  22. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    He and Bradley must have gotten the same karma.

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Großkreutz is always good for picking up some fights and maybe he can provoke a red. Özil's trying to lull the defenders into sleep. Pro Kevin!

24. Guevara

Guevara Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Aix-en-provence
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bradley was also given a new role that he didn't seem completely comfortable with.

25. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i think at this stage ... if you are a player you play your heart out in any position .... there is no time for "oh, i am kinda used to play in the central instead of the wing"

but thats just me

LoewenBoy repped this.