Videogame Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by sportscrazed2, Aug 22, 2018.

1. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Everyone in the family is home for the polar vortex. Gonna work on finishing the basement with some intermittent civilization and Red Dead Redemption 2 (during nap time).

2. lurak

lurak Member+

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I wish I could do that. My son is like I was, completely resistant to nap time. I will do the next best thing and play Wii Resort with him.

loonixxx repped this.
  3. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nap time is quickly disappearing. They're getting shorter and more infrequent every day. Gotta take advantage while I can.

4. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally wrapped up the final Witcher 3 Expansion, Blood and Wine. While the base game is easily one of the best RPG's of all time, this expansion ended up being even better. Quite simply, a masterpiece. I'm going to miss my adventures with Geralt but if CDPR works even a fraction of the same magic with Cyberpunk 2077 it'll be a GOTY contender when it releases for sure.

Not done with the Witcher world just yet though, on to Thronebreaker.

5. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Stopped playing RDR2 to start playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

loonixxx repped this.
  6. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm on the final chapter of Justice League Heroes (ps2). Working from home again today so I will finish it up when the kids take their afternoon nap.

7. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to shelve Thronebreaker for a bit and pilot my ship, shoot stuff in Starlink instead.

8. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought I'd put this here, commercial will air in the most expensive slot during the Super Bowl. Kudos Microsoft for going above and beyond making this controller.

GHjelm and Ke1n repped this.
  9. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Civ5 all weekend, interrupted briefly by drunken jam with my musician friends.

and hoping I don't discover a burst pipe over the garage when it warms up.

loonixxx repped this.
  10. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just picked up Wargroove (available for Xbox, Playstation, Switch and PC) on my Switch. Good little strategy RPG and I'm a sucker for good pixel art which Chucklefish are gods at.

I think it offers crossplay multiplayer between all platforms but I'm going tackle the single player for now. You can also create your own campaign and multiplayer maps and share them.

bunge repped this.
  11. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I can get lost in those types of games. In a good way.

loonixxx repped this.
  12. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too and it's only $20.

13. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    the jam didn't come off, so we just played Civ and watched the blackhawks all weekend. Something like 25 hours in game over 3 days.

Then I got a steam card for my birthday, found 6 things on my wishlist marked down 80%, and emptied the wallet on these games:

Beyond Divinity
    Divine Divinity
    Divinity II
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Jade Empire
    Mass Effect 2
    Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
    South Park: The Stick of Truth

and, on forum recommendation

The Witcher
    The Witcher II
    The Witcher III

my wife's gonna kill me

loonixxx and GHjelm repped this.
  14. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick note about the first Witcher, combat is terrible. The story is very good though. If you make it through to the third make sure to buy the expansions they're even better than the main game.

South Park Stick Of truth is also fantastic if you're a fan of the show. For me it was my GOTY for 2014.

15. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'd heard good things about the South Park game, so I grabbed it with what was left in my wallet.

Also pretty sure the Witcher bundle came with all expansions - pretty excited to try this after all the hype in here.

16. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you didn't already know The Witcher games are based on the books by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. CD Projekt Red is also a Polish game studio (a very small one at the time of the first game and still not as big as the giant studios by the third game).

Witcher 3 (again when you get around to it) also has a bunch of free DLC. It's alternative cosmetics for a bunch of main characters and different art for gwent cards as well as a few extra side quests. Gwent is a card game within the game itself, something I think you should explore to the fullest.

One last thing about the series, there are different endings/paths for all the games and your choices can carry over from each game if you want to import them.

17. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After my 180 hour or so play through of the Witcher 3 and expansions it's time for a lighter JRPG, some Tales Of Vesperia and battle royale Apex Legends with @Ke1n (sorry my fps skills have waned in my old age)

Ke1n repped this.
  18. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Steam Lunar New Year sale is live until Feb 12. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is $4.99 again. I'm going to hook up the MOMO this weekend and let the little boy drive some trucks.

loonixxx repped this.
  19. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Truck Simulator 2 is great, one of those games you'd think would be monotonous and boring but somehow it just works. Think I've put 50 hours into it.

20. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    How old is yours? Do you think it would be fun for my 3 year old? She loves trucks and constantly asks "to drive" my car while we're parked in the driveway.

21. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My little boy is just past 2.5, but he's a technologically savvy 2.5 ;). He loves everything about trucks. At the lowest level he just likes watching them roll, literally. It doesn't matter if it's a school bus, garbage truck, fire truck, or semi - they're all good to him.

I'm going to load ETS2 onto the media pc under the tv and hook the MOMO to the coffee table so he can drive at the right level in front of the big screen. He has a little stool that is the perfect height that let's him sit and reach the pedals.

We've done NASCAR in the past but I think he will enjoy this more. if they had a garbage truck driving simulator he would be in heaven.

GHjelm repped this.
  22. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    The third game is a guilty pleasure of mine. It has some pretty great elements to the design, looks fantastic and has some really fun moments.

23. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you played the expansions? Toussaint is mind blowing.

... don't forget the wonderful soundtracks.

24. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Not yet. I’m TV shopping and want to wait to see it in HDR.

25. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Finished Mass Effect last night, and now I'm torn between moving on to ME2, or replaying 1 with a custom character rather than the default dude to enhance the 1st time run through ME2.

Will probably fret over this for an hour, then play Civ instead.

Der Stich repped this.