Victor Garza at Ararat

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Feb 17, 2009.

1. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Testudo and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is very surprising.

3. 1-6-3

1-6-3 Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    How so? It's true Mexico in it's entirety (before only Chivas/Atlas/Pumas) have begun to work on lower divisions however every team see's their own needs. Tigres, actually Ricardo Feretti has managed his team to be very practical, where one could say the starting 11 + 3 substitutes are written since the beginning of the season, what opportunities lye for the rest of the reserves? let alone some U-20's? Rather than waiting a chance that might never come (Pulido comes to mind) it's best to find another way up the chain.

4. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the world of prospect attrition. It's tough to break into Tigres and after a few years with the U-20 team, neither player had made much forward progress into the first team. In academies, you move up or you move out.

I'm optimistic that Ocegueda and Garza will get a professional opportunity somewhere else, though it will almost certainly be at a lesser club.

It's sobering to think that of our ~12 teenagers in the Tigres academy, approximately zero have broken through to the first team. That's academy life, unfortunately. (Still surprised that Moises Orozco hasn't popped up somewhere.)

autobus39 repped this.
  5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Given that Dennis te Klose signed most of these kids at Tigres and given that he's now the sporting director for Chivas USA and given that these kids are Mexican-American and given that crazy person Jorge Vergara has said he wants more Mexican-Americans on Chivas USA, well, those dots are almost too easy to connect.

6. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Wow maybe the top post of the New Year :) ...definitely sobering to say the least, especially re: Ocegueda who I thought was one of the elite youth LB's. Shows how little i know.

7. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Denis is the sporting director of both chivas and chivas usa while Jose Luis real is supposed to be in charge of a majority of the sporting decisions regarding chivas usa.

In true vergara fashion, this is all too confusing.

Marko72 repped this.
  8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    And I'm sure it'll be a rip-roaring success, too.

9. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they will just join another club in Mexico. There is too much to lose salary wise by going to MLS.

10. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Real and Denis are both good hirings, especially Real who was brought back to run the your development side of things at Chivas. Denis has worked with the FMF on youth scouting and is well regarded in Mexico.

The question is whether or not Vergara allows them enough time to do their jobs.

11. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS Gringo Report connecting the same dots:
    "At Tigres, the futures of Victor Garza and Juan Pablo Ocegueda are at best confused. There has been no word from club or player that the US duo – who have not featured for the club's U-20 team – have officially left the Apertura 2011 champions, but reports coming out of Monterrey suggest it has already happened.
    So what about their future? MLS is a decent option for both and the fact Dennis te Kloese, who brought the promising pair to Monterrey, is now sporting director at Chivas USA provides a natural link."
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...report-possible-mls-targets-abound-down-south

12. footballpassion

footballpassion New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04

Victor Garza Full Soccer HighLights

Testudo and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Such a shame that a young player of his quality is without a club.

14. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
  15. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would be so awesome

16. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Samsunspor is current in the 1st division the league right under the Superliga. It did Adu some good so maybe it can provide the same for Garza. I guess it's not a bad place to cut your teeth.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  17. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #119 Testudo, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  19. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate that they ask him about his prediction for the Mexican national team. Dallas City FC have one hell of a team.

20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Who knows.............

Dallas City FC has loaded up on former US youth national teamers that are virtually out of the game. These are a lot of names that we recognize.............but how good are these players really? There's a reason they're in the NPSL.

21. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Can you find out that reason please. I've seen them enough to know that every NASL and USLPro did not say no to their inquiries. More to the story I'm sure.

22. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Victor Garza was the golden boy of Tigres U20s and even did well in his only appearance for them in the Copa Libertadores. Last time I saw Moises Orozco, he was scoring for Toronto FC in a friendly.

23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'll try.

I don't know a lot firsthand about Dallas City FC, but they're owned and operated by KLA Sports.
    http://www.klasport.com/

You browse thru that KLA website, and you wonder if these players are signing Traffic-like deals.

Dallas City's website is as impressive as they come for the NPSL. The Fort Worth Vaqueros don't even have a roster listed, but Dallas City's wouldn't be out of place in MLS.

http://www.dallascityfc.com/

In particular look at what they're planning for their "tier structure." They're ambitious. I don't know what their eventual aim is. You read their goals and it sounds like Orlando City or the Cosmos...............

http://www.dallascityfc.com/page/show/1013888-dcfc-tier-structure

The NPSL itself is a semi-pro league. These players like Victor Garza must be getting paid peanuts. There must be something to this that we don't see. That's why I'm suggesting a Traffic-like situation. Many of these guys have tried (some for years) to latch on in Mexico or the US..............and it hasn't happened. This is close to last-chance saloon, so maybe they're drinking the kool-aid.

SUDano repped this.
  24. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More like an audition for bigger and better things.