Victor Garza at Ararat

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apologies if Garza has been mentioned in the past, but a search brought up nothing.

According to the alumni page on the website of Friedel's academy, Victor Garza is listed as "pending professional contract" at UANL Tigres in Mexico. Garza has appeared for the U-17s.

Friedel's academy has already sent Andy Lubahn and Patrick Lane abroad to Cercle Brugge, where Lane is the #2 keeper.

The site also lists as Antonio Beltran and Justin Luthy as "pending professional" contracts in Norway/Mexico and Holland respectively. Beltran seems to be involved with the Crew academy. We know that Luthy has trialled with Man City and NAC Breda. Both are GKs.

2. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he related to either of these?

Sam Garza Highland Village, Texas
    Greg Garza Grapvine, Texas

3. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Victor lives about 8 hours from either Sam or Greg. However, Sam and Greg live about 25 mins from each other but I checked Sam's bio at University of Denver and doesnt mention anything about a relative playing pro soccer (his grandpa played pro football)

4. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    These guys might be related but keep in mind that Garza may be about the most common last name in San Antonio and much of South Texas.

5. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh I didnt know that.

6. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    The Mexican fed now lists '92 Victor Hazael Garza Garza at Tigres. (Thanks, beineke.)

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Is it actually "Garza Garza?"

I guess it really is a common name. That, or dad married a cousin.;) (For the record, I'm kidding.)

8. Jaguars Soccer

Jaguars Soccer New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well if you have any questions regarding Vitor's Status, I can tell you what it is. He already signed with Tigres for 3 years. Oh, by the way our parents are not cousins like it happens in South Texas very often..

9. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Does Victor want to have continued involvement with US National Teams? Or is he looking to play for Mexico?

10. Jaguars Soccer

Mar 10, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    When he came back from the US National team he was really upset, because he was never given the opportunity to play with the 1st team. Why? We don't know. When they announced the players that where not returning, One of the coaches said he was one of the top players but they wanted to observe other players and when they would need for him to play they would call him back.

Going back to your question regarding Victor playing with USA or Mexico, Well the U-17 ex-coach for Mexico Jesus Ramirez (before leaving to coach Club America) Called Victor's coach and asked them for 4 players. Three players, including Victor, were players for the USA national team and now they have an opportunity to play for the Mexican National Team becuse they did not play official games with the USA Team. Victor was verry happy when he was given the opportunity to play with the USA National team but after what happened I don't know if he would. It all depends, Victor has skills and experience, Tigres want’s him to play him with division two this week. So that disicion will be taken by Victor.

11. Jaguars Soccer

Mar 10, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think he is still intrested in playing for the USA, but the coaches were the one's that decided not to call him back.....

12. Jaguars Soccer

Mar 10, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well I just looked at the U-17 Recent results and they look better than last season, but the results for with European teams are that not geat.

13. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Thanks for the information Jaguars!

Let him know the US fans want him!

14. VGsoccer

VGsoccer New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    First of all Thank You for the support; To all my fans

Directly From Victor Garza,

Yes, I singed with Tigres for 3 years and I would be interested and love to go back with the USA National Team but its all in Coach Wilmer Decisions either to call me back or not. Thank You

Sincerely,
    Victor Garza

15. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to BS. Congrats on the 3 year deal. Good luck at Tigres, and I hope you get that call from Wilmer soon. Keep us posted on how things are progressing with club and country.

16. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Good luck Victor!

And remember that even if Wilmer does not give you the call, the U-18 and the U-20 national teams are only a few years away. Keep in touch with the USSF to let them know you want that call up.

Good luck and congrats on the contract!

USvsIreland

17. striker2019

striker2019 Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats Victor! Keep up the hard work man. I'd love to see more of our players plying their trade in Mexico.

18. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Hey Victor, congrats and good luck on your stay at Tigres.

As for the U-17, hopefully Wilmer will call you back. But even if he doesn't, remember that there are still the USA U-18, U-20, U-23, and the Senior nat levels ahead.

There is no rush, you still have a long career in front of you. Hopefully you will choose the USA in the future. Good luck.

19. VGsoccer

VGsoccer New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks for all the support and I will keep everyone updated.
    Hopefully I get called back.

20. Scott e Dio93

Scott e Dio93 New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Montevideo, URU
    Tigres seems like a curse team, look what happend players like: Kiki Foncesca, Caceres ( when was there ) etc..

21. wcssstar33

wcssstar33 Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any updates on Victor? Just curious to see how he is faring...

22. Jaguars Soccer

Mar 10, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He is doing great! He is a starter for the UANL Tigres U-17 Team. you can find all his stadistic on the femexfut.org.mx and search for Victor Garza Garza. Tigres has not updated their website but they should be updating it pretty soon. tigres.com.mx.

thanks

23. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Great news. thanks for the udpate!

24. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Vic has choose Mexico sub-18 to Barcelona instead of the US U20 to Dallas Cup @TigresFB