Vfl Bochum thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by XIIGermanIIX, Jun 5, 2005.

1. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best wishes in the playoff!

2. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There just might be enough room for a second VfL team at the top flight, it would (re) build a VfL vs. VfL rivalry, much like I am sure that when Dortmund and Monchengladbach tie up it is always a "Battle of the Borussians", but, only one will be up here, while the other will be down in 2. Bundesliga, and I know that VfL Bochum have been at the top flight before, while Borussia Monchengladbach looks to prove that they still belong up here, after their great run out of the automatic drop zone, but best wishes and good luck to you guys in that playoff this Wednesday and Thursday.

3. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's this Thursday and next Wednesday.

4. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    There will never be a rivlary between Wolfsburg and Bochum. Ever.

Anyway, the play off will be won by a club named VfL either way. Gladbach's full name is VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach.

5. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Right. Some distance learning course in VfL-ism:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6muIPTuBMaY"]VfL[/ame]

6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Good earning for Bochum this summer. VfL received 1.8 million € from selling Fuchs to Mainz (buying option) plus 20% of Mainz re-selling the player to Schalke (0.4-0.5 million €), 1 million € from Nuremberg for selling Gündogan to
    Dortmund (Bochum also had a part of the transfer rights). And in the Sestak transfer case it looks like Ankara pays the loan fee for 2010/11 after Bochum involved the FIFA. Rumors even say Ankaragücü wants to use the buying option of one million €. So Bochum will probably be able to form a good squad and work on last seasons deficit (- 3.2 million €). :)

7. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very disappointing how bad Bochum started into the new season. Funkel's teams never show pretty football but this is just awful and unsuccessful.

As someone who has experienced the fan friendship between Bochum and Bayern München in the 90s' I hope that they will recover soon.

8. miasanmia

miasanmia Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is a free fall indeed.

9. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a true son of the Ruhrgebiet, I am hoping VfL can turns things around ASAP!

10. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It seems that they finally sacked Funkel. Wonder who will be the new coach.

11. miasanmia

miasanmia Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know if that was a good decision. Even if the new coach won all the matches that are yet to be played, they still wouldn't be able to make it to the 1st league. Not any more this season.

I'd think Funkel could've kept them in the 2BL and that is what should be their only goal at this time. So typical: a team plays a good season, the season after that isn't going that well and the coach is sacked. :mad: They should have shown some consistency on the coach position and given more time to Funkel.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen