VfB Stuttgart Back in the B1: 2017/2018 Hinrunde Discussion

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Winoman, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VfB were B2 champions, and are back in the B1.

It would appear (the only articles I can find are in German) that the membership has voted to spin-off the professional team to incorporation by an 84.4% to 15.6% margin. If I have interpreted that correctly, that vote is staggering to me.

What will incorporation bring to VfB besides a one-time infusion of cash?

2. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure what that means or the implications. Optimistically perhaps some more ways to monetize and bring in more money from equity offerings and sponsors?

Winoman repped this.
  5. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think they may already see some benefit as Mercedes Bank is a minority owner, and has contributed ~ €45M, IIRC. That can only help with buying better players, and rebuilding the youth academy to the excellent level it used to be at.

6. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    el americano repped this.
  7. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that explains Aogo. Bad break for a team that doesn't need any help getting into trouble, but at least it was in the transfer window.

gmonsoon43 repped this.
  8. gmonsoon43

gmonsoon43 Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be interesting to see who is in the starting lineup for the Pokal match on Sunday.

Even though it's against a 4th tier team I would think you would field a full strength squad to give the team an extra chance to gel and to boost confidence going into the opening weekend of the league.

el americano and Winoman repped this.
  9. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VfB have had so many changes this offseason, I agree. Go with your starters, and sub out those you feel you can in the second half.

10. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gmonsoon43 and Winoman repped this.
  11. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, what excellent news! I wish I could rep you a thousand times for that! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see him return to MB arena. That place will go nucking futz! :D

12. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this thread has officially died. I'm thinking of calling a priest to administer the last rites. :(

13. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the holidays are over and the hinrunde is over. It ended with 4 straight losses in which we didn't score a single goal. We're also out of the cup, losing to Mainz 3-1 - a team below us in the table. It is hard not to expect the worst. So, we have some big personnel changes for the rückrunde. Let's start a new thread. Our goal is simply to remain in the Bundesliga by any means. We can do it. :thumbsup:

Winoman repped this.
  14. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome back, el americano! I thought the thread had gone belly up with no one posting in a long while. I hope we can get some more folks posting in here, but unfortunately, BS is full of Scheiss Bayern front-runners. :(

el americano repped this.
  15. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #15 Winoman, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Well, after the losses to Mainz, and Schalke, to start the new year, Stuttgart have fired Hannes Wolf. I just don't get it.

The midfield is pedestrian, the defense is just not not good enough for the B1, and we need a GOOD striker desperately!

Where is the money from the 'spin-off'? Why don't they go out and buy some decent players, since they do have (are supposed to have) money now?

:( :mad:

16. gmonsoon43

gmonsoon43 Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gomez has been a huge signing. Scoring 2 of the last 3 and setting up the third. Those have led to 7 points. While it is great the defense has only allowed 1 goal in the last 3, the team needs more scoring. Getting a single goal and hoping the other team doesn't score is not a sustainable strategy.

el americano and Winoman repped this.
  17. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does look like Korkut has straightened out the defense, but as you said, we need more firepower. I don't know how many 0-0, or 1-0 matches I can endure! :eek: