VfB Stuttgart: 2015/16 Season First Half - Hinrunde Discussion

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by gmonsoon43, Jul 27, 2015.

1. gmonsoon43

gmonsoon43 Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juergen Kramny has officially had his interim tag removed for the rest of the year:
    http://www.vfb.de/en/aktuell/meldun...ainer-pressemitteilung/page/4085-1-1-.html?f2

The contract is through the end of the season. I would be delighted if his contract gets extended, mostly because it would mean that VfB have a successful 2nd half of the season.

The team seems to be performing better the last 3 Bundesliga games. I am interested to see how they look in the first 4-5 matches after the break, especially since the winter break should give the team some time to adjust to the new manager.

Winoman repped this.
  2. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a nice win to close the Hinrunde. Even if it's by the skin of their ass, at least they're not in last place anymore. :thumbsup:

Perhaps Kramny is just what VfB needs. I hope so, anyway.

el americano and gmonsoon43 repped this.
  3. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of the relegation spots, too. Barely! Not on points, not by goal difference, but goals scored.

Honestly, I'm not up for another relegation battle in 2016, and anyway Huub isn't available this time. The club shouldn't have to fire it's manager each year. We shouldn't be one injury away from disaster. I hope we'll get comfortably clear and improve the team next year. Maybe we'll be mid-table for a while, but I expect them to look like the belong on the pitch with teams like Bayern and Dortmund. There's so much more to say, but for now, all I want is a little dignity.

stonesean, Winoman and gmonsoon43 repped this.
  4. stonesean

stonesean Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As my buddy Andreas who lives in Stuttgart and has been a club member since the 1970s (his Grandfather proposed marriage to his Grandmother AT the stadium for f&$ks sake) said: "We're the 5th richest team in the league, and top 5 in attendance both home and away in the Bundesliga no matter our spot on the table every year. Europe is a reasonable expectation EVERY season. Europa League, Champions League, whatever....but Europe. Anything less? There's really no excuse."

Winoman repped this.
  5. stonesean

stonesean Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to show off the new edition to the "Man Cave". My wife hit a home run with this rack.

The Real Madrid, Milan, Rangers and Odense scarves are two DC United and two VfB Stuttgart match day scarves. I have no loyalty or love for those teams.....

Winoman and el americano repped this.
  6. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Impressive! Clearly the holy grail of scarves would be a pre-season match between DC United vs VfB Stuttgart.

stonesean and Winoman repped this.
  7. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll drink to that! I'd have to wear both jerseys! :)

stonesean repped this.