VfB Stuttgart- 06/07 thread #3 (R)

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Dead Fingers, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    My opinion on the recent moves:

Streller to Basel:
    I always liked Streller 'cause he was a sympathetic, funny character, but he was never a very good striker. In his 3 and a half years here he did quite little. This year he served well as a guy for the bench and contributed with some important goals but his technique was always crap. If he wants to play regularly it's understandable he wanted a move. And for 2.5 million i think we got a very good price for him. I wish him the best of luck with Basel.

on Bierofka's departure to 1860: he only played a minor role this season and once again it's understandable he wanted to leave. I wish him also the best of luck next year.

On the strikers:

Ewerthon i think is slightly worse than Cacau. He would make a good bench player, and could probably even fight for a starting spot if he was on his strong form. I'd pay about 4 million for him. 10 million is insane but i also don't see us paying that much for him so the price should go down. He's not a brilliant striker, but he's certainly better than Lauth and Streller so i think he'd be a good buy, provided the price isn't insane.

At the moment we have only two strikers, so we'd definitely need another as well. Oliveira would be a great buy in my opinion, but i don't see him joining us. I'd also welcome Tomasson back, but that won't happen. Ljuboja should not even be mentioned, i just hope we can get rid of him. As for Gomis and Alves, i haven't heard much about them lately, but i still think getting Alves would be a real coup, though that hope is getting smaller, while i'm unconvinced about Gomis. I'm also not convinced yet about Bravo if he were to come here.

Heldt prolonged until 2012 which is great news. Made my day :)

2. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I've just read that Juventus wants to sign Mario Gomez and is supposedly offering 25 million €.

Heldt however said that he won't be sold, no matter how high the transfer fee.
    I hope this is true, but if Juve offers him a much higher salary it might poison the atmosphere in Stuttgart. Then again, Gomez seems to be a very grounded person, so I'm still optimistic.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree! My apologies to Streller fans, but I thought he was garbage myself.......

I think Bierofka is going to the right place to get his career kick-started again if it is going to happen.....

And I think that is the problem. Saragossa will probably try to rip you guys off. Just wait them out. If they want to sell Ewerthon, it will eventually be for a good price.

And this would be so ironic to me. As I said before, when FCN refused to give Cacau a professional contract, which led to his leaving, I was on the phone to my friends who then had contact with BVB management to get Cacau on a free and sell Ewerthon, who was rated at about 6M at that time.

BVB didn't listen and now those two may wind up teammates. Wow.......

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    He's not going anywhere for now, he can leave for Barcelona in two years for 100 000 000 euros ;)

5. Fußballgott

Fußballgott Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Isn't that exactly what we are searching for?

Agree, but for nothing less and only if he wants to go to Barcelona.
    Quess it takes time for the fans to get used to that VfB is not a selling club anymore.

6. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    seems like it, although I was hoping for more :rolleyes:

Barcelona is his favorite club, so I suppose...

It's a great feeling to know that we don't need the money...However, we still can't compete with the big boys in terms of salary, so if some Russian club owner offers one of our players the big bucks, we'd have no choice but to let go of him since he wouldn't be of much help if he wasn't motivated (depends on the character of the player of course).

7. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC