VfB Stuttgart- 06/07 thread #3 (R)

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Dead Fingers, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    please continue

2. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  3. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Now let's continue :D

Anyway, back to the topic on the last thread, VfB did very well in their last CL campaign imo so i don't understand why anyone would criticize it.

Now...three days until the potentially decisive weekend. I still think it'll be really tough to win Bochum, i hope i'm wrong though.

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Interestingly enough on "wahretabelle", a site that gives the league rankings based on what results "should have been"(e.g. if a penalty was not given they igve it, if a goal was offisde they don't count it, if a goal that was onside and was counted they count, etc), we have already been ranked German champion.

1. VfB Stuttgart 70
    2. Schalke 63
    3. Bremen 57

I don't wanna get into rant mode here, i'll just quickly say that this just pisses me off. Everyone knows German referees are far from the best, and VfB always seems to get their worst side: it's been like this for a decade or so now. Basically, according to this site, we'd be 6 points ahead if all decisions were correct.

I just saw this and i must say it really upset me :(

5. BlinderPassagier

Nov 14, 2006
    North of the Border
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Madagascar
    It is frustrating when a decision has been clearly wrong, but I rather have this than risking the continuity of the match by imposing preventative measures like video cameras for instance (as some have already suggested for a while now).

6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Don´t come with things like "Wahre Tabelle".
    That´s BS for me,
    because matches change dynamically with goals,
    so it´s only theoretical.

Wrong decisions make me very angry, too (as you can read in my comment to UEFA-cup),
    but who will be top at end of the season is deserved champion.

7. VfB AllTheWay

VfB AllTheWay New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    NYC
    I have to agree. Even though calls may not go Stuttgart's way, the outcome of those games cannot be predicted in such a fashion.

Here are Saturday's predicted lineups:

VfL Bochum: 45 Drobny - 18 Schroeder, 4 Maltritz, 25 Yahia, 17 Butscher - 16 Misimovic, 5 Dabrowski, 8 Zdebel, 19 Grote - 20 Epalle - 22 Gekas

VfB Stuttgart: 1 Hildebrand - 3 Osorio, 35 Tasci, 17 Delpierre, 21 Magnin - 13 Pardo - 28 Khedira, 11 Hitzlsperger - 19 Hilbert, 16 Lauth - 18 Cacau

Stuttgart are without yellow-card suspended Meira & red-card suspended Boka. But Mario Gomez has been training for the past ten days without incident. Look for him to come on as a second half sub (if needed).

Bochum are without injured Meichelbeck, but even if the defender were fit coach Marcel Koller will still start the same eleven he has for the last four games.

Besides playing for a possible spot in Europe (Intertoto Cup) instead of fighting off religation, it will also be the final home game for much of the team with Misimovic, Gekas, Pallas, Skov-Jensen, Bade, Imhof, Fabio Junior and Dariusz Wosz all on their way elsewhere or retiring. You can probably also add Heiko Butscher and Philipp Boenig to that list. So in addition to playing spoiler, Bochum have plenty to play for.

Of course, Bochum would hate to have a hand in helping Schalke win the title, but don't expect any favors. Stuttgart will have to put everything into taking all three points.

Those of us watching the game in the U.S. will seee the game in Dortmund live with VfL-VfB on tape delay. At least we will know what Stuttgart is playing for while we watch the game in Bochum.

Daumen druecken.

Weiβ rot Weiβ rot ... bis in den Tod!

8. barFly

barFly Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Hello,

I hardly can wait 'til it is Saturday.
    We don't expect and we don't want any gifts by Bochum or Cottbus.

Besides, we got the last 3 tickets available :D and head for Bochum at saturday - yiiiiiipppppiieyey

Ciao Hans

9. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are so many people leaving Bochum at the end of the season? That seems like an unusually large amount, especially for a team not being relegated.

I'm not sure what to expect anymore from this game. I know it will be a tough one, but I hope we come out like we did against Bayern, put two away early and demoralize Bochum and find a way to make the win a little easier.

10. Lionhead

Lionhead New Member

May 3, 2006
    Giesing Heights
    because it's boring to play for a team like Bochum. They just keep playing in nomansland unless they are relegated:cool:

11. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    The "Wahre Tabelle" obviously doesn't show how the table would look like if there were no goofy calls by the refs. But it shows that of the three teams at the top, we're the one that suffered most from bad calls. So it definitely cost us some chances to gain more points.

I'm not bitching about it...that's life...but that doesn't mean that one can't mention it.

12. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I agree it - it wasn't meant to be a moany post as much as it was just meant to point out that we have been losing some points due to refereeing in comparison with other BuLi sides.

13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    No, no, don´t understand it as an attack.
    I am just a bit angered with this thing.

14. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck in Bochum tomorrow guys. We're going to do our best to get some kind of result against Scheisse.....

15. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Big game starts in an hour!

I'm already nervous! Our chances to win i'd put at about 30%, but if we succeed, i think there's a really good chance that we will be first at 17.20!

how the team will look:
    In Defense:
    Only issue is Meira who can't play because of a suspension. That should mean that Tasci plays alongside Delpierre today. Magnin and Osorio should be occupying the left and rightback spots.

In midfield, i'd actually like to see da Silva start today. He scored against Wolfsburg with a nice freekick, then he was made substitute for the 3 games after that, last weekend he came on an made a wonderful pass for Hilbert's 2-0, so, if it was up to me, i'd play a midfield like this:

-----------Pardo
    Hilbert-----------Hitzlsperger
    --------da Silva-----------

But Veh will likely play with Khedira instead of da Silva, and Hilbert playing behind Cacau.

In attack, i don't expect Gomez to start, though he should come on for the last 20-30 minutes i should think. In the meanwhile, i'd start Streller beside Cacau. Lauth has started quite a few games in a row now, and hasn't managed to score. And Streller was the one who scored the last-minute goal in our 1-0 win at home against Bochum in December, so i say, start him.

If we make 3 points today, i have a confident feeling that we will be leaders going into the last day :)

16. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Lucky! I tried, unsuccessfully, to get tickets for the game. My friends who are going tell me there'll be around 7-8000 VfB fans in the stadium - let's make a home game out of this!

17. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Halftime...we're losing 2-1, but all is still possible!!

We've played well overall, only our defense has been extremely poor so far. This gameday is crazy so far:

Bremen and Schalke are both losing! It's a shame, if we had kept the score at 1-1, we'd be leader right now. But that's life, however if the other scores somehow stay the same and we equalize, we're the new leader! I think we're capable of equalizing, even of winning the game still. We still have every chance of making this! But, we'll have to play a brilliant second half.

I wanna see Gomez come on! I still have hope! We'll have to see what happens...

18. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're doing our part so far! COME ON YOU GUYS!!

19. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Gomezzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!! Come On 30 Minutes Leeft!!!!!

20. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Come on guys, it's all yours for the taking now!

21. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    ********ING YES Cacau!!!!!!!!!!

22. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    18 mins to go. We'll hang on if you can too! :)

23. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG, come on Stuttgart! Let's make this the week we shake the Bundesliga and grab the top spot! How much time left? <15 minutes? <10?

24. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    5 minutes guys come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can hold it!!!!!

25. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well done guys, just finish it off next week!