Very Small Rocks 2017-2018 - Let's Get The Party Started

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by 1800-WorldCup, Jul 15, 2017.

1. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #1 1800-WorldCup, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    With Small Rocks complete, we can safely move forward with a Very Small Rocks thread for the 2017-2018 season.

The Very Small Rocks League has been set up on the official Premier League site:
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/leagues/standings/106797/classic

Very Small Rocks Teams and Managers (2017-2018)

BiggerBoat - @DrHeckle
    ChrisSuttonsSlippers - @frasermc
    FC Epikoinos - @Epikoinos
    FergieRedNose2 - @CRIBMAD
    Journeymen - @Journeymen
    Keysersoze Wanderers - @tjh71
    Lords of Luzhniki - @1800-WorldCup
    Real Newark - @bobfest

I believe Keysersoze Wanderers still need to confirm participation this season, else we will get someone up from Sand.

We will also have a Small Rocks Challenge Cup between our two top leagues.

Forum Thread:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/small-rocks-challenge-cup-2017-2018.2058832/

Moving Forward......

Could our 2017-2018 Very Small Rocks managers send me their e-mail address for the Fantasy Draft Order Generator.

Please also confirm participation (nudge, nudge Down Under) and preferred starting date to get the Player List locked and the draft rolling.

Time zone and online times are also useful, as are any unavailable travel dates.

With two picks a day (if everything drops into place nicely), it's easy enough to get the draft done in a week, without too much hassle.

The Premier League kicks off on Friday, 11th August so we really want to be finished by August 10th.

:geek:

Time to get the party started.

Don't tell anyone, but the secret code is: 116598-106797

:ROFLMAO:

Michel
    http://1800-worldcup.com/fantasy/2017/

frasermc repped this.
  2. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hi have e mailed you through the travel pics site are we using the new FANT PREM LEAGUE DRAFT VERSION ? this has random generators built in - just a thought

3. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have PM my details, am looking forward to another season!

4. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Emailed through Travel Pics site.

5. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #5 1800-WorldCup, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    I believe the general consensus seems to be to stick with what we're used to (budget restrictions, price fluctuations and captains) while interested managers can also join an inaugural FPL Draft League on the side.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/fpl-draft-inaugural-season.2065736/

Might be a little tough to keep the interest going in multiple draft leagues.

Picking teams within a budget is part of the challenge though.... as is trying to get a team's value to rise.

:D

Journeymen repped this.
  6. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Totally agree on this one.

Thanks for getting this up and running. With the new season fast approaching we really do need to start kicking into gear.

I am travelling on a BIG (group) family holiday to west coast of Ireland leaving on the 12th August so no restrictions from me.

I am based in the UK but will be around as much as possible (do have a few days booked in up the Northumbrian coast week after next) as I always am and will always proxy out or help with proxy's if and when I can.

I've sent contact info and have applied to join FPL league for VSR 2017/18.

7. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i agree but its the game we play now being released this week in a draft format same as the one we play only everything is done for you - just thought it would make life easier for you all.

8. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The reason many do not want to play it is because it's not the same as we play. Michel notes some of the main differences above but see below for a clear explanation from the official site;

https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772

frasermc repped this.
  9. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ah right didnt know it differed - im with you all then

10. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I have text Keyser Soze to check in so you don't check him out..

I will PM/ travel piccy you whatever you need in next 24 hrs or so

11. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So to confirm ....
    1. We are running the old google docs system etc for the VSR Rocks League
    2. You are setting up a 2nd "Draft League "system .. but this one is played using the FPL Draft site
    .. totally separate things... I will in essence be running 2 x separate draft teams?

:unsure:

12. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  13. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haha, I am a sharp pencil in the toolbox :p

I think 2 draft teams in one too many but I cannot see me winning this battle in such a short timeframe (or ever) .. so onwards we go

I am guessing Mr Nomadic One you will not be partaking in the Google Docs setting up so I will get that sorted.:cool:

Also, I knew that hole in my heart was there for a reason... it has been a while since I have been in a League with you... are you still not able to update the google doc, so we can do that for you etc if you post on this (or the transfer thread) :coffee:

1800-WorldCup repped this.
  14. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #14 1800-WorldCup, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    You're right. Google doctoring is an operation too far for me. I'll stick to what I know best: HTML.

I'll update the squad sheet here.
    http://1800-worldcup.com/fantasy/smallrocks.htm

You'll need to fight hard to finish runner-up to me though, as I think Real Newark already has eyes on that prize.

However, I do hope the Hairy Chest Medallion gets a dangly new re-launch.

:sneaky:

15. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Okey dokely - I will sort the Google Doc and post it here.

Hairy Hally (Keyser soze) will be on here soon - he is a definite starter

Looking forward to coming somewhere in the Quinella in VSR so I can go and kick that Muppets but next year ... hopefully in the new FPL Draft League format :whistling::sneaky::rolleyes::cautious:

The Hairy Chest Medal will definitely be back up and running - last year was a disaster !:ninja:

16. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  17. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I joined lat year but won't be joining this year , as somebody pulled the pin on it with no warning ... ....

DrHeckle repped this.
  18. tjh71

tjh71 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Wollongong, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hi all, Tony manager-extraordinaire of Keysersoze Wanderers checking in, better late than never. Happy to be playing again this season, but must say slightly disappointed that I am not plying my trade in the top league this year after my up-and-down season last year ended up in the upward trend (and somehow amassing the highest points in the head-to-head comp....... Dr Heckle was quick to inform me that it meant nothing when I bowed out straight away to 8th place in the Quarter finals.... but I'm taking any win I can get). But I am really excited to see the high-calibre of managers in the VSR this season especially 'me mate' Bigger Boat mainly for the fact there is another Aussie that can be blamed for holding up the Draft (some pressure off me, even though it will be my fault) and that we haven't been in the same group for a couple of years. And good to see the strongest manager from last seasons VSR back again. Looking forward to Fraser stealing all my future trades, even though he signs them 24 hours before I've even had the thought (hahaha). Watch him, he reads minds....into the future, spooky :cautious:.

Anyway, good thing for you guys, I'm not on here (Big soccer) often. So you don't have to put up with my ramblings..... much. I've PMed Mr 1800 (how did he get that name???:confused:) my details and interest for the coming season. But to prove there are no secrets my email address is tjh71@yahoo.com and for those of you on Facebook , I am Tony James O'Halloran (well that's a bit of a porky cause that not my real name - I wonder what Mr 1800's Facebook name is???:unsure:). My preference for a Draft start date is 1st of August, as my better half's birthday is on 31st July and I must concentrate on that before on concentrate on football (that's what she told me anyway).

Good luck all for the coming Premier League season. As you may tell, I don't take this too seriously but I am truly committed (you'll see by all the trades I make..... not always good ones either) and love the challenge that this comp brings. I'm a 45 year old football nut who still attempts to play competitively in my local district over 35's division, so i'm working on the old adage "those who can't play well, coach". YNWA

19. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well coach, thanks for the essay.

It's always nice when someone gives a bit of time and thought for our enjoyment.

I've been known to put in plenty of time and thought in to my competitions, but they might not provide much enjoyment.

If Bigger Boaster has a good supply of red wine this season, hopefully people will be distracted by his wit in presenting the Hairy Chesty Medallion updates.

I don't know how I got the name Mr 1800 either, especially when I sign my name at the bottom of a post.

I was known as Mr Travelnotes for years, especially on Yahoo and Facebook and even Nomadic in some circles.

If you want to stalk me on Social Media, it's not that hard:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/travelnotes
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/travelnotes
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/TravelTweet

Travel Notes Page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/travelnotespage

Oh the webs we weave.

We're waiting for one more to post in this thread.

@bobfest was last seen: Thursday at 3:54 AM

Michel - Lords of Luzhniki.

tjh71 repped this.
  20. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Back to Business......

Small Rocks have their draft order published, so once Real Newark appears we'll be set to load the given e-mails in and let the random generator spit out ours; to give us the opening fixtures for the 2017/2018 Small Rocks Challenge Cup.

I've also made a note of everyone's availability; although no-one knows mine.

Lords of Luzhniki - @1800-WorldCup
    I'll mostly be available around 6-7am and 6-7pm (Central European Time) every day, although I'll be on the road Monday, July 31st; Tuesday, August 1st (Budapest); and Wednesday, August 2nd (Vienna); then again on Sunday, August 6th and maybe Monday, August 7th.

BiggerBoat - @DrHeckle
    I am Sydney Time - UTC + 10. Usually on computer or some similar device from 8am to 10pm

ChrisSuttonsSlippers (Fraser McInnes) @frasermc
    Leaving on the 12th August so no restrictions from me. UK based.

FC Epikoinos (Eric Anderson) @Epikoinos
    Central Time Zone. On vacation/holiday now, returning July 19.

FergieRedNose2 (Phil Waters) @CRIBMAD
    I am from liverpool uk - am happy anytime for the draft to get started.

Journeymen (Dave Pearson) @Journeymen
    I will be available throughout and am usually quick with my picks. Later start date the better but whatever works. I live in Banff, Canada which is -7 behind GMT.

Keysersoze Wanderers - @tjh71
    My preference for a Draft start date is 1st of August, as my better half's birthday is on 31st July and I must concentrate on that before on concentrate on football (that's what she told me anyway).

Real Newark - @bobfest
    All will be revealed shortly.

My Thoughts:
    Ideally, I'd like to lock the player list on Saturday morning (European Time), July 29th.

This would give me time to get everything set-up on the 1800-WorldCup.com website:
    http://1800-WorldCup.com/fantasy/2017draft.htm

We would have the draft order by then and you can all fight amongst your yourselves for my picks.

:whistling:

21. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Greetings all. Sorry to be so late. Looking forward to the season. I sent my information to you, but just to make it easier, I'm at bobfest@yahoo.com and I'm available for the next few weeks to draft. Was there a code we need to join the league?

22. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  23. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #23 1800-WorldCup, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    frasermc repped this.
  24. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    3rd pick. I'm certainly happy with that for this season.

25. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #25 DrHeckle, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    I would be happy to swap with FergieRedNose and go 8th,so that my esteemed Ozzy colleague and I can can hit and spin pretty quickly each round form 7th and 8th pick.

Plus ..I fell like if I pick first it would simply be no contest, so I think in fairness and to make it challenging for me I am way more than happy to go 8th :p:D;)

Not sure if that is allowed, but I guess if we all say it is then it is :confused: